Author Topic: Wheels Thread  (Read 777647 times)

FirstBlood82, Reese Bruno and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Wheels Thread
« Reply #450 on: December 11, 2016, 09:57:16 AM »
anyone got any feedback on wayward wheels?

they are rad.  Im usually skating Spit F4 99a classics... and the two sets of Wayward Wheels 52mm Puig wheels ive skated feel almost exactly the same (slide, hardness).  I really didn't notice a difference at all.  WW are "whiter". 
hardly art, hardly starving

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 937
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #451 on: December 21, 2016, 08:53:04 PM »
Expand Quote
anyone got any feedback on wayward wheels?
[close]

they are rad.  Im usually skating Spit F4 99a classics... and the two sets of Wayward Wheels 52mm Puig wheels ive skated feel almost exactly the same (slide, hardness).  I really didn't notice a difference at all.  WW are "whiter".  

They look 'glassy' to me, somewhat opaque, but really bright, - the shapes are really rad, was looking at some today, I might jet back tomorrow and nab a set of 52 slims, but the funnels look sick too; fulls are pretty big and the round cut are pretty standard.

The Funnels shape is a deeper cut Spit Conical, the round cut is a classic and the thin is essentially the classic thing (did a side by side today).

Going to order a set from Wayward as the shop didn't have the round cut in 101.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 07:31:22 PM by Xen »

thebacker

« Reply #452 on: December 28, 2016, 03:23:34 PM »
How do sml's compare to f4's?

VCR

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 193
« Reply #453 on: December 28, 2016, 04:38:03 PM »
It depends on what formula you get.

The harder one slides like crazy and are perfect for smooth ground or indoor parks.

The softer ones are great for rougher streets and provide more grip.

Softer ones are closer to formula fours but don't hold up as well

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 937
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #454 on: December 31, 2016, 12:05:00 PM »
How do sml's compare to f4's?

I rode a set of the V cuts/slims or whatever, they felt much too grippy to me and slow :\ Some members have stated the same and that the wider wheels ride much different? One set was enough for me to skip them for good.

Just set up a set of 52 wayward slims, they a bit slimmer than 52 f4 classics. Nice shape. Bearings slid in far to easy, which makes me worried they'll feel slow/sluggish, like regular OJs (NOT the Insane-A-Thane).

Raining today/all week so not sure when I'll get to skate them.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 10:39:18 AM by Xen »

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #455 on: January 06, 2017, 11:48:00 AM »
What's up with the shitty cores on the spitfire 80hd chargers making them spin like shit? These things are terrible.
you never know about pre-cum 

Julz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #456 on: January 06, 2017, 11:54:39 AM »
To sum up this thread; F4 is the superior product. Everything else is subpar.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1566
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #457 on: January 06, 2017, 10:53:05 PM »
I had those 99's and they were sick...another friend of mine had them and flat spotted them super fast...

rob

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #458 on: January 06, 2017, 11:51:10 PM »

kook me, i would have to disagree. ive had 4 sets of F4ś, the first set i did love(they were classics 99 and rode them for a year) so good i got another set and got some radial 99 and they were alright, alot smoother cause the shape and surface area, got over them after a few months and got some conical 101 and didnt really like them besides the crazy slide feel and gave them up, got another set of 99 classics cause maybe thats why i was losing it for formula fours and still wasnt feeling that best wheels in the game feel anymore, switched around with pigs, ojs, spit classics and bones stf. none were as good as my bones, they are everything to my preference. theyre grippier than f4 99ś and even spit classics but they still had this good slide feeling. it was odd cause the regular classics formula felt slicker than i remembered

bones stf all the way, formula fours are too slippery for my taste. i would slide out even on the slightest bad foot placement on a land and it pissed me off, it was like okay i get it they slide but i need some gription
yes

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #459 on: January 07, 2017, 12:03:13 AM »
i bought some ricta sparx, and i thought they were a street wheel, but i guess not because for whatever reason the bearing holder part gots squished out, so now i can fully tighten down the wheel on the trucks, and move the wheel around, i not sure if its because their shitty or if it was a defect, but it kinda sucks since i liked the shape.

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #460 on: January 07, 2017, 12:11:51 AM »
dang ducky i feels for you, what a waste.

oh yeah i also tried ricta nrgś, they were not as good as they claim. they were hard and just hard. something of like a generic hard wheel feel. thats my opinion/review of ricta. yeah they rolled somewhat fast and long like they claim but they just felt awful.
yes

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #461 on: January 07, 2017, 12:17:35 AM »
yeah, i was going to try the naturals but now im second guessing it, i'll probably go back to spitfire (even though i hate the color) or try something else, also i have a set of OJ'S insane o thanes, i can't fit my bones swiss six in them for my life, but bronson g3's fit perfectly. NHS is on some stupid shit

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #462 on: January 07, 2017, 12:26:19 AM »
haha i would second guess forsure too if this is the way one set of rictas is, especially if you got the ones that costs more its like how do the cheaper ones feel

dang that sucks man, what a jip. i know what your saying though with nhs, ive had an issue their products before. nhs is kinda odd, they barely have good sales or prices on their own site, you would think the direct manufacturer would have the better deals on their own products but i guess not.
yes

Randozzi

« Reply #463 on: January 07, 2017, 12:32:14 AM »
Prize Fighter Cutlery

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #464 on: January 07, 2017, 01:53:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
bones stf all the way, formula fours are too slippery for my taste. i would slide out even on the slightest bad foot placement on a land and it pissed me off, it was like okay i get it they slide but i need some gription

I tried to like F4's too, tried different duros and shapes but always ended up back skating my stf's. Spitfire 99's felt too grippy and with 101's i always ended up slipping on smooth concrete,super scary on transition.
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Opoin

• Rep: 1
« Reply #465 on: January 07, 2017, 08:15:37 AM »
Prize Fighter Cutlery

This.

Been riding mine for about 3 weeks now and they're some of the best wheels I've had.  They're hard and break out in a slide when you need them to, but grip much better than STFs imo.

heritage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #466 on: January 07, 2017, 03:04:54 PM »

I guess you could look at it that way if you like your opinion spoon fed to you without trying things for yourself. I haven't skated Spitfire wheels wheels since 2005 and I'm doing just fine.

Autobahn for the last decade and when I run out of my AB reserves I will skate something else that's not Spitfire.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #467 on: January 07, 2017, 04:20:51 PM »
Ghetto Child anyone?

calvinsdream

« Reply #468 on: January 07, 2017, 05:08:13 PM »

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #469 on: January 07, 2017, 08:34:59 PM »
What's up with the shitty cores on the spitfire 80hd chargers making them spin like shit? These things are terrible.

What's the Slap consensus on the cruiser wheel?
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #470 on: January 07, 2017, 09:45:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

OJs, Juice or Keyframes, some people swear by clouds here but I love my OJs
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #471 on: January 08, 2017, 12:51:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
OJs, Juice or Keyframes, some people swear by clouds here but I love my OJs

I've got a set of Keyframes and think they're pretty great. Too grippy though, but that's how it goes with cruiser wheels. Got a set of the Spitfire 80 HDs waiting. I did test them briefly last summer but couldn't come to any conclusion wether I liked them or not. Clouds for some reason are not easy to come by in Europe, so I haven't tested those. Would like to test all duros, especially the new 92A.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #472 on: January 08, 2017, 01:55:44 AM »
Just found out that the urethane company that manufactures Pusher wheels basically copied the formula from accell wheels.
I haven't really liked any wheels since accell went under and I really dug pushers when I got a set years ago and been skating them ever since.
I really suggest them especially if you like PFC or bones Stf

NJFly318

• Rep: 3
« Reply #473 on: January 08, 2017, 07:23:36 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Got some Keyframe 87A's they are smooth and fast on rough ground, don't slide though. they are good for cruising, but super slow in the parks.

Julz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #474 on: January 08, 2017, 07:58:18 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I guess you could look at it that way if you like your opinion spoon fed to you without trying things for yourself. I haven't skated Spitfire wheels wheels since 2005 and I'm doing just fine.

Autobahn for the last decade and when I run out of my AB reserves I will skate something else that's not Spitfire.

My post was mostly pointing out that the majority of the posters on this thread are stating that they prefer F4s over everything else.

From my perspective, I've skated a bunch of wheels in the last 5 years (oj, bones, autobanh, creative urethane) and F4 are the best IMO. Before that, I was riding mostly STF and hated my sets of F1 and SFW. So, I didn't always have a positive opinion on spitfire's products.

At the end of the day, you'll be fine skating with whatever wheels you have. I just bought a set of shop wheels, because I'm on a budget, and they're good. Nothing to complain. That being said, I'd rather skate a set of F4.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 08:01:37 AM by Julz »

Zimmer

• Rep: -9
« Reply #475 on: January 08, 2017, 11:17:36 AM »
I would guess that all of us have made do with shitty wheels at some point. Picking and choosing wheels is a luxury as far as I'm concerned. I might not be rich, but being able to always have my wheels on point is a small victory.

heritage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
« Reply #476 on: January 08, 2017, 12:41:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

My post was mostly pointing out that the majority of the posters on this thread are stating that they prefer F4s over everything else.

From my perspective, I've skated a bunch of wheels in the last 5 years (oj, bones, autobanh, creative urethane) and F4 are the best IMO. Before that, I was riding mostly STF and hated my sets of F1 and SFW. So, I didn't always have a positive opinion on spitfire's products.

At the end of the day, you'll be fine skating with whatever wheels you have. I just bought a set of shop wheels, because I'm on a budget, and they're good. Nothing to complain. That being said, I'd rather skate a set of F4.

Totally agree Julz. My post was more a generality, not directed at you personally. I've seen people write things off, without giving them a fair shake, and eat up the marketing that they 'need' a particular product. Skateboarding is such a personal experience and not one thing works for everyone. Spitfire make good wheels, but they've also killed the marketing game.

@Moe - Accel! HELL YEAH! There's a name I haven't heard in years. Gnar'd.

Zimmer

• Rep: -9
« Reply #477 on: January 08, 2017, 01:05:18 PM »
What's the word on ghetto child? I'd buy some for nostalgia's sake.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #478 on: January 08, 2017, 08:02:49 PM »
I remember Accels being very similar to Darkstars back in the day. Really hard, super white almost plasticky looking, and pretty skinny as far as shapes were.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #479 on: January 08, 2017, 08:28:53 PM »
Nobody skated those lame ass Mike V wheels, stop frontin.
you never know about pre-cum