Author Topic: Wheels Thread  (Read 127520 times)

Switch_fsflip_noseslide, Xen, schralp pal, FROTHY and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 7
Re: Wheels Thread
« Reply #720 on: July 16, 2017, 06:35:47 PM »
I swear this was already in this thread, it's dated but some is still good to go by:

and the updated list:
AEND pours:
abec11
neversummer
newer/some sector9
3dm/seismic
comet
ultra (rollerblade wheels)
bennett
BDS

Labeda pours:
earthwing purethane, and black 76 and 66 superballs
dregs
the new landyachtz hawgs
oust wheels
bustin
GFH
Loaded/Otang
some Lush
new gravity wheels
System Martin wheels (TLS)

Creative Urethane
rainskates
earthwing slide a's
autobahn
lush
sk8kings
manx/pps
poolking
tunnel
conspiracy
Speedlab
PPS
Skaterbuilt
NHS
Cowboy Punk
Better
Deathbox
Foundation
Toy Machine
Chetah
Black Label
Madrid

Bravo Corp
gravity
kryptonics
landyachtz
some sector 9
Xero wheels (italian brand)
(all 8mm race cores)
Pig
Senate
World Industries wheels
Barbie/Spongebob/Dora and other character boards

Mearthane
Road Rider
OJ
Ricta
Bullet
Crime
Madrid

Moska
moska
viking (european wheels)

Electric Urethane (from Australia)
Coretech
Electro
Pointblank

In-House Pours
Spitfire
Powell/Surf One

Julz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -10
« Reply #721 on: July 16, 2017, 06:57:20 PM »
add polar, plan b, element  and 90% of all deck brands to creative

Dr. Octagon

« Reply #722 on: July 16, 2017, 07:32:42 PM »
add SML to AEND.

tzhangdox

• Rep: 18
« Reply #723 on: July 16, 2017, 09:40:27 PM »
Does anyone know how good is Bones with their warranties for stfs? Got a pretty noticeable flatspot that I can't seem to get rid of. Only the third session on these too.

franquietits

• Rep: 34
« Reply #724 on: July 17, 2017, 12:23:09 AM »
^I was able to get a set of atf's replaced for me, after having them for over a year. A chunk came out of the wheel somehow. I sent them in, they sent some new ones back. The whole process took about a month or longer. U just have to inquire about it online & wait for a response (or call customer service?).

tzhangdox

« Reply #725 on: July 17, 2017, 12:47:32 AM »
^I was able to get a set of atf's replaced for me, after having them for over a year. A chunk came out of the wheel somehow. I sent them in, they sent some new ones back. The whole process took about a month or longer. U just have to inquire about it online & wait for a response (or call customer service?).

Good to know, thank you. Sent in an inquiry via their website so hopefully all works out well.

Gay Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -384
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #726 on: July 17, 2017, 10:03:40 PM »
I remember being convinced satoris were the best....those Ipaths went straight to my head....like when people on here say prize fighters! Small!
haha, I had a good laugh at I-paths going to your head. PFC are decent wheels though. Funny story about them; my wife has a set of them on her board that I used to rock and it seems like they've gotten really sticky with age. I tried to power slide on them the other day and nearly ate shit so hard

"This is untrue, my client has not been attacked in every country" #yearoftheeagle

jums

• Rep: -6
« Reply #727 on: July 18, 2017, 04:44:59 AM »
Spitfire....

Please tell me the 101 58mm Conical Full F4 is still in production because I can't find them anywhere on the net or at my local brick and mortar.

Any chance I can buy them direct?

Nora9

• Rep: -81
« Reply #728 on: July 18, 2017, 06:14:03 AM »
i like rictas not sure why

Nora9

• Rep: -81
« Reply #729 on: July 18, 2017, 06:14:32 AM »
maybbe cuz they are flat and soft like me

Xen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 7
« Reply #730 on: July 18, 2017, 09:06:41 AM »
Does anyone know how good is Bones with their warranties for stfs? Got a pretty noticeable flatspot that I can't seem to get rid of. Only the third session on these too.

They are pretty good when it comes to replacements, I got a flat blunt sliding on some V5s when they first rolled out and they replaced them in short order (albeit a smaller size).

calvinsdream

• Rep: 12
  • Dusted and disgusted
« Reply #731 on: July 18, 2017, 11:33:27 AM »
Spitfire....

Please tell me the 101 58mm Conical Full F4 is still in production because I can't find them anywhere on the net or at my local brick and mortar.

That was never a size that existed as far as I know.

Biggest 101 is 58mm, but the classic shape.

jums

• Rep: -6
« Reply #732 on: July 18, 2017, 01:03:31 PM »
Spitfire....

nah

calvinsdream

• Rep: 12
  • Dusted and disgusted
« Reply #733 on: July 18, 2017, 03:08:56 PM »
Spitfire....

nah

I always figured that was just for the 99s. Have you ever seen a set of 101 conical full 58s in person, or even available anywhere, ever?

N.L.

« Reply #734 on: July 18, 2017, 04:59:11 PM »
Tactics had them for awhile.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 14
  • Jacques Cousteau could never get this low
« Reply #735 on: July 22, 2017, 12:30:25 PM »
Any one try the spitfire mike Anderson sfw 2's? Really interested in giving them a go.

http://www.skatewarehouse.com/Spitfire_Anderson_SFW_2_Wheels/descpage-SFAS2WH.html
Mike-Mo is going to be one of the best if not the best skater of his generation. Barring some kind of career ending injury or drug addiction.

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
« Reply #736 on: July 22, 2017, 01:13:21 PM »
Pretty much a classic Spitfire just a different shape.
"fucking wheel feel off"

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
« Reply #737 on: July 24, 2017, 07:27:48 AM »
I'm looking for a slim colored wheel in 53-54mm (pinkish or tealish)

I like the ricta speed rings and bones SPF.

I like these, but I think I want thinner wheels.
http://bones.com/bones-spf-pro-miller-owl-54x31-p5-skateboard-wheel-84b-4pk-yellow

suggestions?

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #738 on: July 24, 2017, 07:33:18 AM »
I'm looking for a slim colored wheel in 53-54mm (pinkish or tealish)

I like the ricta speed rings and bones SPF.

I like these, but I think I want thinner wheels.
http://bones.com/bones-spf-pro-miller-owl-54x31-p5-skateboard-wheel-84b-4pk-yellow

suggestions?

http://www.tactics.com/spitfire/formula-four-radial-slims-skateboard-wheels/snake-bites-mint-black-swirl-101d

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
« Reply #739 on: July 24, 2017, 08:21:02 AM »

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 69
« Reply #740 on: July 30, 2017, 10:33:44 AM »
anyone tried the oj mini elites 95a? I set them up on my cruiser and I think I finally found a good wheel for that. they slide and are a little softer than regular wheels but harder than your typical cruiser type wheel. I figured out I can't deal with soft wheels of any kind - don't like having foot braking as my only option for slowing down and hate the feeling and wheelbite of super soft wheels. these are pretty much perfect for a cruiser if you're the same way.

Rick Sanchez

« Reply #741 on: July 30, 2017, 02:38:50 PM »
Anyone tried out jk industries wheels? Any good? Last 4/5 sets of wheels have been different incarnations of spit f4's so thinking of trying some other shit that ive never had before

danjtony

• Rep: -4
« Reply #742 on: July 31, 2017, 12:23:23 AM »
anyone tried the oj mini elites 95a? I set them up on my cruiser and I think I finally found a good wheel for that. they slide and are a little softer than regular wheels but harder than your typical cruiser type wheel. I figured out I can't deal with soft wheels of any kind - don't like having foot braking as my only option for slowing down and hate the feeling and wheelbite of super soft wheels. these are pretty much perfect for a cruiser if you're the same way.

You get a chance to try em out at the skatepark? I'm looking for an indoor park wheel that's grippy but not too sluggish.

But yeah, I hate super soft wheels too, wouldn't mind getting some of these just to skate crusty spots. I had some Mini-Logo 90a wheels for this purpose, but they needed too much riser cause when they bit, they gripped hard.   

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 69
« Reply #743 on: August 02, 2017, 09:55:50 PM »

You get a chance to try em out at the skatepark? I'm looking for an indoor park wheel that's grippy but not too sluggish.

But yeah, I hate super soft wheels too, wouldn't mind getting some of these just to skate crusty spots. I had some Mini-Logo 90a wheels for this purpose, but they needed too much riser cause when they bit, they gripped hard.   

I don't skate parks very often but they are really good so far on regular asphalt and concrete. I saw some reviews online where people liked them for parks and bowls as well as street.

tzhangdox

« Reply #744 on: August 02, 2017, 10:05:48 PM »
Does anybody know how SPFs handle on shitty street terrain and bluntslide tricks on ledges compared to STFs?

danjtony

• Rep: -4
« Reply #745 on: August 02, 2017, 11:45:03 PM »
They're pretty much a hard, fast park wheel that grips when you need em to. I ride them on all terrain, but they don't slide as well as STF or F4's. Also stick a bit on tail slides, lipslides, etc. personally I like that they're a little more difficult to slide, cause I like my wheels to squeal a bit.

Randozzi

« Reply #746 on: August 04, 2017, 12:39:26 AM »
Was recently gifted some Spitfire 53mm 92s, might set them up to see how much of a difference they make on some of the spots around here.

rathernotwalk

• Rep: 1
« Reply #747 on: August 04, 2017, 07:24:34 PM »

I've got some speedlab 97a on one of my setups right now and on rough stuff it's a little sluggish but for the more slippery parks they feel real similar to f4s with a little more grip

Buck Russell

• Rep: -159
  • Bug or gnat?
« Reply #748 on: August 04, 2017, 10:55:12 PM »
sorry if this has been covered (i scanned back a few pages and didn't see anything) but what's up w/ wayward's factory? i heard they're actually really good and made in carolina or something but haven't heard anything confirmed.

jamersonbass

• Rep: 11
« Reply #749 on: August 05, 2017, 08:41:40 AM »
sorry if this has been covered (i scanned back a few pages and didn't see anything) but what's up w/ wayward's factory? i heard they're actually really good and made in carolina or something but haven't heard anything confirmed.

I'm curious about this too.  I know a couple people have weighed in, but has anyone on here been skating Wayward's and how do you like them? Been on F4's the last 4 years and Wayward's are the only non-F4 wheel that have piqued my interest.