Author Topic: Wheels Thread  (Read 778042 times)

AdditionalSlip and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
Re: Wheels Thread
« Reply #1170 on: June 03, 2018, 09:08:48 AM »
Anyone skated wreck wheels lately? Would like to hear some thoughts on them. Cheers.

No marketing to stay they switched forumlas but they are hard and take a bit of effort to slide. If you ride STFs or F4s I don't think you'd like them.

Kaydubbb

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #1171 on: June 03, 2018, 02:29:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Anyone skated wreck wheels lately? Would like to hear some thoughts on them. Cheers.
[close]

No marketing to stay they switched forumlas but they are hard and take a bit of effort to slide. If you ride STFs or F4s I don't think you'd like them.

I'm a bit of a weirdo, I didn't like STF's or F4 99a. The bones gave me more feedback than I like and the F4 didn't give me enough. I'm really enjoying my insanathane 101a atm. I've just been curious about wreck since I first saw them but I've never tried a a set.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1172 on: June 03, 2018, 02:39:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I'm a bit of a weirdo, I didn't like STF's or F4 99a. The bones gave me more feedback than I like and the F4 didn't give me enough. I'm really enjoying my insanathane 101a atm. I've just been curious about wreck since I first saw them but I've never tried a a set.

If you like the OJ Insanes (of which I am a huge fan) you won't like the wrecks ;) Wrecks feel more like regular OJ formula.

Kaydubbb

• Rep: 20
« Reply #1173 on: June 03, 2018, 02:44:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

If you like the OJ Insanes (of which I am a huge fan) you won't like the wrecks ;) Wrecks feel more like regular OJ formula.

Night give them a miss then, thanks for the info.
Have you tried the 99a and 101a insanathane? If so which one did you like more?

Cult_Follower

« Reply #1174 on: June 03, 2018, 08:08:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
What’s up with those new ojs?
[close]

Haven't heard a thing. Wasn't 144p supposed to get samples or something?
[close]

My friend is skating these 'elite' formulas and they feel a lot like more of a bones product.  Hard but not plasticky.....

I'm a weirdo and skate longboard bearings (race reds) so my complaint n/a to most but the cores on spits don't feel consistent....on my bones they do...pop right in and it feels even....
[close]

Elite Urethane - Available June 4th, 2018.

Through the shop I work at, our nhs rep was able to flow us a few sets a couple weeks ago. Upon first glance they have a similar off white color to F4’s. The shape is like a conical full, but the riding surface is thinner than what I expected. Almost like the spits radial shape. They are definitely on the hard side, similar feel to bones, but not quite as much. I did get a flatspot after a couple days, but after 20 minutes or so at the local park they evened out and have sense been fine. My boss had a similar experience as well. Overall the wheels so far have provided a smooth ride, that’ll do well in any setting. If you still want to support Oj/nhs after what’s happened with Jason Jesse’s racist remarks, then I would recommend these. For me though these are a bit too hard for my taste and I’ve been a diehard spitfire rider since I was about 8. I will be going back to F4 99’s after a couple months of riding the elites.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1175 on: June 03, 2018, 09:24:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Night give them a miss then, thanks for the info.
Have you tried the 99a and 101a insanathane? If so which one did you like more?

Only the 101s (in all three shapes of which I prefer: Hardline (thinnest)>Universal>EZ Edge

Looks like they're up for grabs at NHS and just a 'branch' of the insane-a-thanes, also, clearly off-white as noted above and in the photos:

"New and improved Insane-A-Thane ELITES formula by OJ. New ELITES urethane guarantees even more speed on any surface with the same quality and durability you've come to expect from Insane-A-Thane."

https://www.nhsfunfactory.com/oj-wheels/all-wheels

If I flat my STFs, I'll pick some up.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 04:35:26 PM by Xen »

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1176 on: June 04, 2018, 09:25:44 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1177 on: June 05, 2018, 07:14:47 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxpTr65FmJU

Too bad that video sucks...so the Brand Manager says they're fast and will last, tactics kid says they're grippy and he'd recommend them. Pretty weak 'review' by all accounts there @tactics, what about the rest of the crew's feedback?

Shitty review rant aside, I'm guessing they skate fine ;)

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1178 on: June 05, 2018, 07:24:15 AM »
Too bad that video sucks...so the Brand Manager says they're fast and will last, tactics kid says they're grippy and he'd recommend them. Pretty weak 'review' by all accounts there @tactics, what about the rest of the crew's feedback?

No shit, right? A review by a severely interested party - compares them to no other brands, pretty much just says "they're better." I do like the shape, though.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1179 on: June 05, 2018, 09:52:26 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
No shit, right? A review by a severely interested party - compares them to no other brands, pretty much just says "they're better." I do like the shape, though.

http://ojwheels.com/elite-urethane

The Universal/Hard-edge (previously hardline) shapes are the thinnest, the EZ-Edge is round, like a classic
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 10:05:28 AM by Xen »

B. Hopper

• Rep: 3
« Reply #1180 on: June 08, 2018, 03:42:17 PM »
After nothing but Bones SPF and SF F4s 99 and 101s the last few years, I just set up a set of Reed Wheels 54mm. Killer feel and look great.
Gonna' try some Dummy Wheels soon too...
44 years young. Skatin' since '80. Take yours slams, get up smiling, say #thankyouskateboarding, and get back up and do it again. Because FUN.

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
« Reply #1181 on: June 20, 2018, 01:35:24 PM »
opinions on pig wheels? anyone skated them lately?
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1238
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1182 on: June 20, 2018, 03:30:21 PM »
opinions on pig wheels? anyone skated them lately?

I’ve thought about the same thing.  I rode pigs whenI first started skating, so I am a little sentimental about them.  Same deal with Lucky hardware.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #1183 on: June 20, 2018, 09:04:57 PM »
Bought lucky hardware recently to give my daughter the mini dice. She was stoked. Just purchased some dial tone conical 99s. Will report back with my opinion after a couple sessions. Anyone else try them out yet?
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

thebacker

« Reply #1184 on: June 25, 2018, 08:11:35 AM »
my dial tones flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks but other than that they were okay.
back to f4's

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #1185 on: June 25, 2018, 09:20:21 AM »
i was riding the spitfire fomula fours 99's and switched to the classics because i've never tried them. Not a good decision, great feel but don't last. F4'S are the shit

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #1186 on: June 25, 2018, 09:47:26 AM »
Fuck Dave. You got me shook, I’m gonna try them out today, I love F4s like everyone but just wanna go back to riding nice crispy white wheels. If these don’t work I’ll probably go back to waywards.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1187 on: June 25, 2018, 10:14:13 AM »
Fuck Dave. You got me shook, I’m gonna try them out today, I love F4s like everyone but just wanna go back to riding nice crispy white wheels. If these don’t work I’ll probably go back to waywards.
try the mike anderson SFW'S, those are the shit(if you find them)

thebacker

« Reply #1188 on: June 25, 2018, 10:18:06 AM »
They were really good otherwise. i wish i had more time to skate them because im sure broken in they would skate amazing but the flat spotting was too annoying

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1189 on: June 25, 2018, 10:55:19 AM »
Been on STF V1s for a minute (with bones swiss six), previously on OJ Insane-a-thanes or spit F4s radials...and everything just feels slow compared to the OJs (or SPFs) in a park setting...I can't seem to find 53mm thin'ish wheels that are hard as rocks.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 10:58:20 AM by Xen »

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1190 on: June 25, 2018, 11:14:35 AM »
Currently on SML. These feel nothing like the last set of SML I had. A year or so ago I tried the Knox Travel series and they felt like they were made from chewing gum. Slow and sticky as hell. It took me 30 minutes and they were off my board. Very odd because the set I had before that (Garcia wides) were great. Maybe the Knox wheels came from a bad batch. Anyway, these have been great.

I got Crupie Petersen 52 up next. I agree with Will's earlier post, I keep going back to Crupie wheels. Xen - I posted this pic for you if you are looking for skinny wheels. It's hard to really get a good idea from this angle but these are THIN as hell. Pizza cutter thin! IMO wheel manus have closed the gap on Spitfire and there are a lot of good choices available.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #1191 on: June 25, 2018, 12:24:04 PM »

YES! I've been looking for then wheels! will look into crupie

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1192 on: June 25, 2018, 12:51:47 PM »
Currently on SML. These feel nothing like the last set of SML I had. A year or so ago I tried the Knox Travel series and they felt like they were made from chewing gum. Slow and sticky as hell. It took me 30 minutes and they were off my board. Very odd because the set I had before that (Garcia wides) were great. Maybe the Knox wheels came from a bad batch. Anyway, these have been great.

I got Crupie Petersen 52 up next. I agree with Will's earlier post, I keep going back to Crupie wheels. Xen - I posted this pic for you if you are looking for skinny wheels. It's hard to really get a good idea from this angle but these are THIN as hell. Pizza cutter thin! IMO wheel manus have closed the gap on Spitfire and there are a lot of good choices available.

I rode some .sml wheels a while ago, they had a similar shape to the thin ABs we all liked (did you ever get them btw?) they were slow and mushy and wouldn't slide.

Those crupies are too thin for my taste ;) Looking for the old ricta pro design ricta tablet shap, like an STF V2 (which I should have nabbed instead of the V1s but they were onsale!) but with conical edges.

https://rictawheels.com/ has some narrow wheels in that shape under 30mm wide but always in 99a or 52mm - I'd only get Rictas again if they had 101s in that shape at 53mm ;)

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #1193 on: June 25, 2018, 01:30:39 PM »

https://rictawheels.com/ has some narrow wheels in that shape under 30mm wide but always in 99a or 52mm - I'd only get Rictas again if they had 101s in that shape at 53mm ;)

I have the Westgate naturals, 53mm 101a according to tactics they are 29.6mm (https://www.tactics.com/ricta/westgate-pro-naturals-skateboard-wheels/natural-101a) but they were the thinnest 53mm 101 I came across at the time. I got burned on some spitfire slims because they have a slim riding surface, are physically a bigger wheel than my ricta where. Autobahn if can find them on the thinner side.

I'm gonna remember crupie for my next setup

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1194 on: June 25, 2018, 01:39:58 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I have the Westgate naturals, 53mm 101a according to tactics they are 29.6mm (https://www.tactics.com/ricta/westgate-pro-naturals-skateboard-wheels/natural-101a) but they were the thinnest 53mm 101 I came across at the time. I got burned on some spitfire slims because they have a slim riding surface, are physically a bigger wheel than my ricta where. Autobahn if can find them on the thinner side.

I'm gonna remember crupie for my next setup

Those westgates were the 2.0 version, the 1.0 were much thinner; I had ordered a some Loy rictas (the purple ones) but sent them back as they were too wide. How did you like the 101s tho?

Looking for this! I'd grab some STF V2s if I wasn't sold on the STF feel still.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 10:12:20 PM by Xen »

ballintoohard

« Reply #1195 on: July 10, 2018, 05:49:20 PM »
What are the various SML shapes like compared to Spitfire? I've had Classics and Conicals, currently on 99A conicals, but wanna try something else.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #1196 on: July 11, 2018, 06:05:17 AM »
guy on ebay selling some 54mm 101d f4s skated once for half the price of a normal set. might pull the trigger, whats the consensus on 99d vs 101d?

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1197 on: July 11, 2018, 06:39:26 AM »
guy on ebay selling some 54mm 101d f4s skated once for half the price of a normal set. might pull the trigger, whats the consensus on 99d vs 101d?
really think you should pull the trigger, both 99's and 101's are great, and half price is fire

Jollyoli

• Rep: 91
« Reply #1198 on: July 11, 2018, 07:04:30 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
really think you should pull the trigger, both 99's and 101's are great, and half price is fire
^ agree, harder on the streets and fractionally slicker in the park. Make good skreeeetch. You're only gonna find out by trying them, and at half retail you have to roll the dice!
Hey, hey, hey. Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

baustin

• Rep: 115
« Reply #1199 on: July 11, 2018, 07:07:20 AM »

99d for more slippery surfaces especially skateparks. Dampens the feel of rough ground but can feel too slow sometimes (to me)

101d for me takes it for street skating. They don't give as easily so it can be a rough ride but they feel fast and slidey when I need them to be, and they still have that classic spitfire feel (not plasticky at all)