Author Topic: Wheels Thread  (Read 128647 times)

tzhangdox and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 7
Re: Wheels Thread
« Reply #1230 on: July 30, 2018, 06:13:05 PM »
Twist - Yes, Brezinski is on Crupie now. My post says since Autobahn stopped making the Brezinski slim.

Here is a pic of my Ricta Hoefler Naturals. They are indeed a slim profile:

EDIT: Ah ok, I misunderstood what you were saying. You are looking above 52. These are 52.

I was going to bite on these but passed due to them being 99a (I wanted 101a) having ridden the pro nrgs Sandovals (perfect fucking shape/width)...then the whole fucking industry said, FUCKYEAH WIDE WHEELS BITCHES....

I'm going to bite on the new Ricta 'rapidos' (terrible name), probably go wide for 101 as the slims are only 99a (wtf? the only wheel out of the three to not get a 101...do techies only ride 99a or something?)

rob

• Rep: -87
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #1231 on: July 30, 2018, 10:00:25 PM »
Does anyone know which factory is doing the AWS Clone Wheels? Anyone ride them that can give feedback?

Thanks.

I donít know the factory but I have ridden the 83b more pricy ones and they feel like if you took a spitfire classic and added the capabilities and feel of a bones stf

They slide and stuff more like an stf and kinda feel like an stf but most of the time pushing itíll feel like a spitfire classic then when you start sliding and rolling on certain terrain the stf feel will kick In

Overall theyíre like if you took the wheels of a complete board(those Darkstar competes or whatever) and made them competitive with whatís the top of the market wheels of today, they slide and are very flat spot resistant but still feel kinda generic

Speaking of generic, has anyone here ever tried Darkstar master urethane wheels?
yes

BMCsteve

• Rep: 6
« Reply #1232 on: August 02, 2018, 01:59:21 PM »
Loved the NRG formula.  Definitely trying these next

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 86
  • AndyRoysNeck
« Reply #1233 on: August 02, 2018, 03:08:40 PM »
i can't decide which wheels to get for cruising. i had the bones rough riders 56mm 80a but i noticed they act like magnets for any metal debris that are on the streets. i was looking at the slime ball wheels 90a but i'm not sure what to get. i like the rough riders a lot but i think i need a harder wheel.

any advice?

Beeker

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1234 on: August 02, 2018, 07:23:06 PM »
i can't decide which wheels to get for cruising. i had the bones rough riders 56mm 80a but i noticed they act like magnets for any metal debris that are on the streets. i was looking at the slime ball wheels 90a but i'm not sure what to get. i like the rough riders a lot but i think i need a harder wheel.

any advice?

Powell G-Slides are pretty similar to the Rough Riders, just harder.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1235 on: August 02, 2018, 09:22:42 PM »

I was going to bite but wanted the slims and they only come in 99a and they restrict duro to height on the round shape  - pretty lame.

FWIW, the wides and rounds are just about mm for mm to spitfire conicals and classics width and height ratios, i.e., 52mm rounds are the same width as 52mm classics.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 09:51:07 PM by Xen »

BMCsteve

• Rep: 6
« Reply #1236 on: August 03, 2018, 05:50:31 AM »

I was going to bite but wanted the slims and they only come in 99a and they restrict duro to height on the round shape  - pretty lame.

FWIW, the wides and rounds are just about mm for mm to spitfire conicals and classics width and height ratios, i.e., 52mm rounds are the same width as 52mm classics.

the review says they're pretty slick so I'm guessing a 101 with a slim riding surface might kill you

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1237 on: August 03, 2018, 08:25:19 AM »

the review says they're pretty slick so I'm guessing a 101 with a slim riding surface might kill you

While it may be true, I don't trust these SW reviews as far as NHS can pay them :) I was set on some 101 slims but  no go; picked up some purple spits instead!

shripshrapper

• Rep: -8
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #1238 on: August 05, 2018, 08:51:41 PM »
Just tonight I realized how neurotic I've been getting about my wheels. For the past few weeks I've been regretting giving away my 99a F4's, but I have a second set that are perfectly fine.. they're just green. I haven't been able to get comfortable with them, but its seems way too ridiculous to let wheels go to waste because they're not the right colour.

I'm gonna skate them and get over this.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1239 on: August 05, 2018, 09:12:22 PM »
Just tonight I realized how neurotic I've been getting about my wheels. For the past few weeks I've been regretting giving away my 99a F4's, but I have a second set that are perfectly fine.. they're just green. I haven't been able to get comfortable with them, but its seems way too ridiculous to let wheels go to waste because they're not the right colour.

I'm skating some purple f4s and they work just like the regular ones ;)

shripshrapper

« Reply #1240 on: August 05, 2018, 09:22:30 PM »

I'm skating some purple f4s and they work just like the regular ones ;)

There's kids in africa that don't even have wheels!

nsskater1993

« Reply #1241 on: August 06, 2018, 04:14:32 AM »
Picked up some red 54 mm bones skatepark formula clears. I've been wanting to try them for a while now that we got a nice park to skate in town. Interested to see the difference in feel between the stfs and spfs in a park setting.

Dad you're embarrassing me

• Rep: 3
« Reply #1242 on: August 07, 2018, 01:18:16 AM »
Picked up some red 54 mm bones skatepark formula clears. I've been wanting to try them for a while now that we got a nice park to skate in town. Interested to see the difference in feel between the stfs and spfs in a park setting.

Clears always look like they'd ride like a cruiser wheel to me. Let us know if they ride like regular SPFs

nsskater1993

« Reply #1243 on: August 08, 2018, 03:27:47 AM »
It's funny that you mention that because they almost feel like a cruiser wheel when holding them in my hand. I haven't got a chance to skate them yet but they feel interesting. I also haven't tried regular SPF's so wouldn't really be able to speak on how they'd compare unfortunately. Anybody with experience with SPF's want to give me a quick review so I can see if there's any difference?

Dad you're embarrassing me

• Rep: 3
« Reply #1244 on: August 08, 2018, 12:59:18 PM »
It's funny that you mention that because they almost feel like a cruiser wheel when holding them in my hand. I haven't got a chance to skate them yet but they feel interesting. I also haven't tried regular SPF's so wouldn't really be able to speak on how they'd compare unfortunately. Anybody with experience with SPF's want to give me a quick review so I can see if there's any difference?

I haven't had a pair in years, but i remember they sounded dull on the pavement and they were grippy at the skatepark. I didnít like them that much.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1245 on: August 08, 2018, 02:16:40 PM »
I've ridden both (in parks) and they feel the same. They're hard and grippy but slick IF they break free (like anything would be but these feel like ice at times); surprisingly they didn't feel softer like the Ricta Super Crystals do when compared to regular 'than of the same duro...but even if the clears WERE softer than regular SPS, it would still be hard to tell as they're both HAF.

Isn't most urethane clear to start and has to have pigment added to it?

shripshrapper

« Reply #1246 on: August 08, 2018, 03:00:56 PM »
I've ridden both (in parks) and they feel the same. They're hard and grippy but slick IF they break free (like anything would be but these feel like ice at times); surprisingly they didn't feel softer like the Ricta Super Crystals do when compared to regular 'than of the same duro...but even if the clears WERE softer than regular SPS, it would still be hard to tell as they're both HAF.

Isn't most urethane clear to start and has to have pigment added to it?

That's what I've heard. Personally, I'm waiting for the return of our lord and saviour jesus christ to come back and set the record straight.. And start a new wheel company that's gonna blow everyone away.

blo0mz

• Rep: -3
« Reply #1247 on: August 08, 2018, 03:01:12 PM »
Best wheels for a semi-rough street?

I live in New York just outside the city and my street is not nicely paved... it's not 100% shit but you definitely lose speed pretty quick. I'm running some old-ass 100a Spitfire 51mm F1 Classic Shapes. Anyone think upgrading would make a big difference? Thinking about trying the F4 conical fulls @ 99a 53 or 54mm. Or should I just save my money and deal with it?

shripshrapper

« Reply #1248 on: August 08, 2018, 03:10:43 PM »
Best wheels for a semi-rough street?

I live in New York just outside the city and my street is not nicely paved... it's not 100% shit but you definitely lose speed pretty quick. I'm running some old-ass 100a Spitfire 51mm F1 Classic Shapes. Anyone think upgrading would make a big difference? Thinking about trying the F4 conical fulls @ 99a 53 or 54mm. Or should I just save my money and deal with it?

I would say just pull the trigger on the F4 99a's, they're great wheels, you won't regret it. Just going to the new formula with a slightly bigger shape should help.

If you really want something for crusty/janky pavement, I'd look for some of those OJ ditch witches, I just took mine out for a spin yesterday. They smooth things out, while still riding and sliding (almost) like a regular street wheel (they're 92a).

Fifty8mm

• Rep: -1
« Reply #1249 on: August 12, 2018, 11:13:06 PM »
Can anybody recommend wide, Hard, around 99A, round wheels?
Not conicals.
My favorite wheels for a long time were spitfires 58mm F1 park burners. Conical.
Recently I got some 95a or so Cab wheel nice shape. Really round, wide, and they were around 56mm. Only problem is the softness of it.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #1250 on: August 13, 2018, 02:22:03 AM »
Spitfire radials are pretty wide but not the boxy conical sort

TooManyPros

• Rep: 4
« Reply #1251 on: August 13, 2018, 12:03:56 PM »
Can anybody recommend wide, Hard, around 99A, round wheels?
Not conicals.
My favorite wheels for a long time were spitfires 58mm F1 park burners. Conical.
Recently I got some 95a or so Cab wheel nice shape. Really round, wide, and they were around 56mm. Only problem is the softness of it.

Bones P5
OJ EZ-Edge

Fifty8mm

« Reply #1252 on: August 14, 2018, 12:11:24 AM »
Thanks guys for the replies. I checked out the suggestions but the closest were the radials. I was looking at something that has the same shape but it is no longer available.
http://www.pusherwheels.com/product/jake-rupp-guest-pro-model
I really like the shape. So good. Any other suggestions? I spent hours looking for those wheels and they are gone everywhere.

Gay Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -384
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #1253 on: August 14, 2018, 01:44:07 AM »
Iíve set up some waywards but I just donít know... I think formula fours spoiled me too much 😢

"This is untrue, my client has not been attacked in every country" #yearoftheeagle

hmmmokay

• Rep: 1
  • content nausea
« Reply #1254 on: August 14, 2018, 07:38:50 AM »
Iíve set up some waywards but I just donít know... I think formula fours spoiled me too much 😢

I'm really enjoying my Wayward's right now. I have the 52mm Round Cuts, which is the first non-conical shape (and smallest size) I've skated in years. Like yourself before these I had been skating F4's religiously but so far no flat spots or anything so I'm content. My initial reason for buying was to try something completely different, but not too sure if I'll get another set because I feel like they're gonna turn to dust way quicker than Spitfires.
Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Not Local

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1255 on: August 14, 2018, 08:13:40 AM »
Really been enjoying some 60mm 95a Bullets I had lying around for a long time. No chance of blunt slides or nose slides but everything else works. Not something I'd use permanently but I dig the nostalgic ride and I doubt I'l be able to flat spot them.

Gay Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -384
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #1256 on: August 14, 2018, 04:53:59 PM »

I'm really enjoying my Wayward's right now. I have the 52mm Round Cuts, which is the first non-conical shape (and smallest size) I've skated in years. Like yourself before these I had been skating F4's religiously but so far no flat spots or anything so I'm content. My initial reason for buying was to try something completely different, but not too sure if I'll get another set because I feel like they're gonna turn to dust way quicker than Spitfires.
do yours slide? I usually ride 99 F4 and these 101 waywards just seem really chalky and non cooperative, Iím hoping itís just because I have worn through the grooves on them yet?

"This is untrue, my client has not been attacked in every country" #yearoftheeagle

hmmmokay

• content nausea
« Reply #1257 on: August 14, 2018, 05:28:32 PM »

do yours slide? I usually ride 99 F4 and these 101 waywards just seem really chalky and non cooperative, Iím hoping itís just because I have worn through the grooves on them yet?

I was going to comment on the slide in my original post and I couldn't quite find the way to describe it, but chalky sums it up perfectly.  That said, I can get them to slide but it does seem as though it takes some effort whereas the 99 F4s seem as though they can be more controllable, and feel more natural.  To add to that chalky-ness, they feel like they're going to wear away just a quick as a piece of sidewalk chalk so in the end they may not be worth it for the pricepoint.
Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

SouthpawTRK

« Reply #1258 on: August 15, 2018, 12:20:43 AM »
I've been riding 56mm Spitfire Formula Four Full Conicals (99a), but have been thinking about going a bit smaller.  With the 56mm's I tend to get more wheel bite due to looser trucks and not wanting to ride a riser pad.  I'm debating on either going to a 54mm or 52mm (as well as going from Full Conicals to Classics).  Anyone that has any helpful insight would be greatly appreciated. 

Fifty8mm

« Reply #1259 on: August 15, 2018, 12:49:55 AM »
I've been riding 56mm Spitfire Formula Four Full Conicals (99a), but have been thinking about going a bit smaller.  With the 56mm's I tend to get more wheel bite due to looser trucks and not wanting to ride a riser pad.  I'm debating on either going to a 54mm or 52mm (as well as going from Full Conicals to Classics).  Anyone that has any helpful insight would be greatly appreciated.
I skate mostly 58mm till they get to 53mm or so, but I recently switched to some SML 54 mm due to wheel bite and its a great compromise, not my favorite size or shape but still pretty good....still searching for the perfect wheel.....