Author Topic: "if you want to know who controls you, shit on all the flags  (Read 2508 times)

KING TUT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 15
Re: "if you want to know who controls you, shit on all the flags
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2014, 04:34:25 AM »
Art stinks

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2014, 05:29:36 AM »
I'm all for free speech, but I'm a hardliner against seeing other people's turds.  This lady should receive one hot Karl and 200 hours of community service at the sanitation department.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2014, 06:04:27 AM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_desecration

What if somebody went down right now and started shitting on the poppy fields at the tower of london ? or started spraying it with manure claiming its a art project against war ?�

Or walking around in a full SS Nazi uniform claiming its a art project to show nazis are still around in this world ?

She was arrested for doing something that was against the law , how is that not fair ? she would have gotten a fine or arrested in other countries too . If you dont think its fair then try to change the laws but it wasnt a conspiracy or something , just the law

Too me this is no better then those people on youtube who do " pranks " where they offend people or push their buttons , grope women and pick fights with people and then claim its a joke , prank or social experiment

Well, shitting on London Tower's poppy fields is a little different since that person doesn't own those flowers or that property.  So even of it is artistic or a protest, I could understand getting arrested. But this piece is a really stupid reason for arresting someone.  The idea of "flag desecration" is very flimsy and besides, we shouldn't arrest people based on "offense."  It doesn't actually mean anything because you can produce the most innocent thing ever and still find someone who is offended by it.  If there is some basis if intentionality behind it or a theory/philosophical foundation for it, then it has some artistic merit.  It might not be much and you might argue that it is really horrible art, which is fine, but it doesn't require movements to censor it or the artist.

And you can't actually equate harassing or (sexually) assaulting a person with creating an art piece that some peopl find offensive?  I really hope not.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2014, 07:52:45 AM »
Reminds me of that chick who was eating her own period on stage and then a bunch of other artists was loving it ,

This and being reminded to watch Peep Show again made this thread pretty good

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2014, 09:11:41 AM »
monty is my 80 year old redneck grandfather confirmed
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2014, 06:22:35 PM »
Art stinks

So does shit. Shit is art.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.