Author Topic: Jackets  (Read 3285 times)

4wheels

Jackets
« on: November 13, 2014, 02:20:54 PM »
First really cold day was today and i realized i need a jacket real quick. any suggestions? looking at fourstar right now

Hash Slinging Slasher

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
Re: Jackets
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 05:32:41 PM »
Brixton makes some good stuff also. But I will say I have one of their jackets and there's something about it that seems too boxy or chunky to skate in even though it's just canvas with fleece on the inside. Maybe if I got smaller size it would be better. Definitely good quality though.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 05:49:29 PM »
i gotta cool looking fourstar brian anderson windbreaker that's perfect over a hooded sweatshirt- the quality isn't all that good a lot of stitchings got loose and a button even came off - it was fucking glued on!! as far as skate clothing companies i have kinda lost all faith due to the quality.it can be a hit or miss- i gotta this canvas LRG jacket i got in 2004 that still has a lot of life in it- just the colors faded away. I feel most skate brands (fourstar, matix) are the same priced as other big brands but the quality can be shit on a lot of things (jackets, pants).. I'd say get a solid northface or columbia jacket that has a good warranty.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

drunk guy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 07:15:49 PM »
carhartt, or if you're feeling classy......... carhartt wip

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2014, 07:23:19 PM »
Brixton makes some good stuff.

Not that it gets all that cold down here, compared too the U.S. but i got the brixton x spitfire jacket a few years back, sherpa lined and super comfortable.

Fourstar also makes a great sherpa lined windbreaker that if its anything like my Antihero one, should be good for colder days on the board

violentpizza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
  • pregnant pussy
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2014, 07:32:04 PM »
Its weird about the decling quality coming out of crailtap the last few years. I have this Chocolate rainjacket that i've been wearing for going on 7 years. It's rather waterproof and is still in great shape.

4wheels

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2014, 07:50:18 PM »
anyone had an adidas skateboarding jacket? looking at one right now. a little pricey but oh well

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2014, 05:54:15 PM »
my wife just bought me a proper replica n-1 deck jacket, warmest thing i've ever worn in my life ... although it would suck to skate in

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

BraveUlysses

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2014, 05:58:27 PM »
The jackets(and most other clothes for that matter) I find at Goodwill and other thrift stores are better and look cooler than anything I ever see online or other stores.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2014, 09:04:17 PM »
got one of these Carhartt jackets off of ebay for 40 bucks.  fully lined, and probably the nicest jacket i've ever owned

i was actually looking at them too! if i was back in aus that would probably be enough, winter where i am at the moment is cold though and that alpaca lining is the bomb!!!

pistachio

• Rep: -4
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2014, 09:06:10 PM »
Patagonia has a really solid warranty that most other companies can't even compare with, and they make some really solid jackets. Their Down Sweaters are about as badass as they come, and their stuff pocket is a game changer, in my opinion. If you don't wanna shell out that type of cash, I'd say check out Marmot. They're a bit cheaper, and still make some pretty nice stuff.

Stanley Spadowski

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
  • Can I still be the janitor?
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2014, 09:21:51 PM »
Congrats on Pal status.
Don't know how cold it gets where you live? But this jacket is inexpensive and good quality.
Layer a hooded sweatshirt under it or not for warmer days. They run big so order a size down maybe 2 sizes depending how you like your fit.
http://www.dickies.com/mens-clothing/mens-outerwear/Snap-Front-Nylon-Jacket-76242.jsp
"These floors are dirty as hell, and I'm not gonna take it any more!"

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2014, 10:49:03 PM »
That carrhart is hella nice. I got an Orisue peacoat that's pretty styling along with some custom tailored joints but one of em shrunk somehow so the arms aren't long enough for me. Going to give it to one of my shorter friends.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2014, 11:09:00 PM »
actually i lied, http://www.carhartt.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10101&storeId=10051&productId=147062
^^^ was the carrhart jacket i was lloking at. either way i'm over the moon with this deck jacket ;D

yungthug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -37
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2014, 09:33:28 AM »
Dickies makes good windbreakers that go great over a hooded sweatshirt. Order a size down though, they are huge.

CINCINNATI

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2014, 07:37:44 AM »

i just went with this one a couple years ago after searching for a good jacket for quite a while. really nice and roomy, if you wanna put another layer on below. i found it at this store called gabriel brothers, which has tons of cahartt stuff for cheap, as well as tons of dickies and other work wear outdoor gear. made in america too.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2014, 04:34:39 PM »

oldgoodburger

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2014, 04:44:12 PM »
all about the layering. tshirt > longsleeve (or even thermal) > hoodie > coaches jacket. also wool fucking socks.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -116
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2014, 12:58:55 PM »
everlane.com

Plain stuff. Period.