Author Topic: Janoski  (Read 5766 times)

Hypnotoad

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Janoski
« on: April 18, 2011, 12:47:14 AM »
seriously... does this not exist?(i searched and found nothing.)
here's a thread for the best skateboarder on earth.
Stefan Janoski Expedition One Alone
Stefan Janoski in Subtleties
Stefan Janoski in Inhabitants
stefan janoski
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 12:54:50 AM by Hypnotoad »

MyUserName

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
Re: Janoski
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 07:33:24 AM »
One of my favorite styles, ever. Always thought this was a cool little clip, I love the switch nosegrind and the kickflip back tail at the end.
Stefan Janoski
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 09:22:45 AM »
here's a thread for the best skateboarder on earth.]

what are you talking about ? Janoski isnt the best skatebo......  ALL HAIL HYPNOTOAD

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 06:20:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

what are you talking about ? Janoski isnt the best skatebo......  ALL HAIL HYPNOTOAD

Your name and avatar are Simpsons-related, and you quoted Futurama. My natural instinct was to gnar you but I accidentally hit kook. Honestly. You got my love.

whiteley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 362
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 09:10:30 AM »
Naturally unique style, naturally awesome person. Happy for him that it all worked out so well- he put things on the line to make it happen. He had saved up for college and then decided to live off that money and skate as hard as possible and see what happened, and taking that risk put him where he is now.
My favorite Stefan memory is when I got to go shoot photos of the Meat Puppets for the mag and got a plus one for the show. He skated to Nirvana's cover of the Puppets' "Lake of Fire" (see the Expedition video above) and I knew he was a fan, so I called him up randomly to see if he wanted to come with me. He was so hyped and drove down from Sac at the drop of a hat. I introduced him to the Meat Puppets, explained who he was and that he had skated to that song, and they were so stoked. I have some photos of them together chopping it up. The show was amazing and Stefan just grinned the entire time.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 09:55:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

what are you talking about ? Janoski isnt the best skatebo......  ALL HAIL HYPNOTOAD
[close]

Your name and avatar are Simpsons-related, and you quoted Futurama. My natural instinct was to gnar you but I accidentally hit kook. Honestly. You got my love.

Its the thought that counts  , and thats pretty cool whiteley Ive always liked that exp 1 part , best in that vid . Actually that whole vid is pretty sick .

tidwid

• Rep: 0
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2014, 10:57:18 PM »
I remember around when I started skating, seeing the weird name of some polish dude on the etnies website. Then I got a vhs of Mosaic for my 13th birthday and Stefan has been my favorite skateboarder since then. Such a wonderful mixture of style, progression, innovation and a lot of money.

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2014, 09:40:28 PM »
I remember around when I started skating, seeing the weird name of some polish dude on the etnies website. Then I got a vhs of Mosaic for my 13th birthday and Stefan has been my favorite skateboarder since then. Such a wonderful mixture of style, progression, innovation and a lot of money.

Growing up reading the mags I thought he was European for sure.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2014, 10:00:07 PM »
Not a fan of the shoe but Janoski's part in Mosaic was my favorites  growing up. also his switch flips are really good

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2014, 05:19:37 PM »
Not a fan of the shoe but Janoski's part in Mosaic was my favorites  growing up. also his switch flips are really good

That whole part is full of pure gold.
He switch flip 50-50's a legit hubba, this was released in 2004 so he could have done it in 2003, no-one was doing that shit back then.
I remember being so blown away by what I heard about his part when it came out I got my girlfriend of the time to order it for me for my birthday.
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.