Author Topic: Are Tensors still good?  (Read 5167 times)

Tracer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
Are Tensors still good?
« on: April 03, 2014, 08:36:38 PM »
If yes, how do they stack up with reputable brands like Independent and Thunder?

Considering buying the new maglight brophys in big size, I remember they used to have bumps on the bottom to stop from truck slippage.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Are Tensors still good?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 11:29:22 PM »
You're stupid questions are as good as Rustys set ups.....

Keep em coming....

Seamus_McShamebag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 08:30:48 AM »
Tensors helped me overcome my speech impediment. 

King's Speech motherfuck...

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 09:22:03 AM »
Tensors helped me overcome my speech impediment. 

King's Speech motherfuck...

i'm sure Fongstar, woodsman and the other stern fans will appreciate this

more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 12:54:43 PM »
If yes, how do they stack up with reputable brands like Independent and Thunder?

They don't...

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2014, 07:12:33 PM »
still? :D

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Tracer

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2014, 04:06:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They don't...
Tensor currently makes the lightest trucks on the market. I've never been big on lightweight but people have told me Tensors are good trucks. Plus look at their team and what daewon does with them

Probably A Robot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
  • dancing about architecture
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2014, 05:24:14 PM »
Plus look at what daewon does with them
I'm pretty sure Daewon could fasten his skateboard to two tonka trucks and still do blunt flips just fine, so that is sort of a moot point.
"I'm regular, but I identify as switch backside."

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: -2
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2014, 02:57:23 PM »
I bet no one in this thread has ridden tensors in 5+ years.

Jared

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • Die Slow
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2014, 06:42:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

They don't...
[close]
Tensor currently makes the lightest trucks on the market. I've never been big on lightweight but people have told me Tensors are good trucks. Plus look at their team and what daewon does with them
lightweight=\= strong & long lasting.

harrison ford invented the first car, in America

foureyedjim

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2014, 06:46:01 PM »

I've never tried a set in my life and I don't feel like I need to either

Tracer

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2014, 09:00:32 PM »
I think it's good that Tensor dropped the plastic sliders, on the other hand there's nothing 2 differentiate them from the competition.

Thunder and Indy dominate the truck market but there's a few other good brands out there. Tensor would be included in that list

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2014, 11:03:43 PM »

You can't be 12 forever....

dillanharp

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2014, 12:08:51 AM »
I have a friends that's been riding them since they came out because of Rodney vs. Daewon.  I'm sure they they turn and grind with the rest of them. 

posguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2014, 11:31:48 AM »
Necro but fuck you. I've skated Tensors for about a year now, yes I realize it's 2014 and all the brand whores are wagging their fingers. They're the lightest trucks I've skated. Might not be good for high impact but for the skating I do, ledges, manny pads etc. they are perfect. They turn nice and I'm about to put in a set of Bones bushings, got Hards for christmas but might exchange them for mediums. I got the MagLites for free but they're only $30 on Skatewarehouse? Maybe cause the industry and the rest of skateboarding has black listed everything associated with Dwindle. Does anyone on here even have personal reasons i.e. having tried them and legitimately not liking them, not just jumping on the bandwagon of hate?

Prince Nelson

« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2014, 11:33:37 AM »
I have a friends that's been riding them since they came out because of Rodney vs. Daewon.  I'm sure they they turn and grind with the rest of them. 

That first Rodney Vs. Daewon video was so so good.

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2014, 01:07:16 PM »
Necro but fuck you. I've skated Tensors for about a year now, yes I realize it's 2014 and all the brand whores are wagging their fingers. They're the lightest trucks I've skated. Might not be good for high impact but for the skating I do, ledges, manny pads etc. they are perfect. They turn nice and I'm about to put in a set of Bones bushings, got Hards for christmas but might exchange them for mediums. I got the MagLites for free but they're only $30 on Skatewarehouse? Maybe cause the industry and the rest of skateboarding has black listed everything associated with Dwindle. Does anyone on here even have personal reasons i.e. having tried them and legitimately not liking them, not just jumping on the bandwagon of hate?
30 per truck on SW. i've always thought about buying a nerdy setup with the lightest of everything, but i don't want to get hooked on all that special priced junk if it is too good to go back. a friends 7.5 setup is so light and easy to flip, it would be nice to have that weight on something bigger

alonzohambugerjones

• Rep: 3
  • http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-5sK5IyEANvg/TkMuXcaLsGI/
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2014, 03:19:03 PM »
dwindle product is a step up from world industries shit they sell at sporting goods stores. I'm pretty sure they mix cardboard in the decks. Tensors are pretty good for tic-tacking though.

sports

• Rep: 21
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2014, 04:42:38 PM »
light trucks are essential for increasing your fly-out height

posguy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2014, 10:45:26 PM »
dwindle product is a step up from world industries shit they sell at sporting goods stores. I'm pretty sure they mix cardboard in the decks. Tensors are pretty good for tic-tacking though.

Pretty sure the boards Dwindle puts in sporting good stores are a significant step up from the plastic truck, non turning wheels and 12 ply decks that are being sold in there right now. Or were you waiting for the sporting goods stores to actually make a decent product to a small margin of their customers?

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2014, 04:56:48 AM »
I too have a friend who only skates tensors. Has been for years. He rides his trucks tight to the point where there's barely any give when you turn your trucks and you'd pretty much just have to tic tac to turn, and at that point when you can't really turn I'd imagine all trucks should pretty much feel the same, so I don't get why he sticks with tensors. And he mainly just skates flat these days, so it can't be because he likes the way they grind. Maybe for the team image?
I remember when he needed new trucks and he couldn't find tensor's, so he settled for thunders. He was complaining nonstop about them until he switched them out.
"Dude, step on my board and tell me they don't feel like crap, go on, tell me".
"uhhhh, they feel just like your tensors because you have them cranked down so tight, I can't tell the difference".
"...... Shut up. You don't know what you're talking about".

BMCsteve

« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2014, 08:51:54 AM »
I think the aluminum high tensors are a solid truck.  magnesium isn't ideal for grinding so I wouldn't recommend the all mag models.  TJ Rogers uses a mag baseplate and aluminum hanger

Tensors were crap for a long time but they redesigned them with the "10" and are actually pretty good now.  All that being said, I don't know why you would choose them over Indy, Thunder, Krux, Venture, etc.

If you're still interested, here is a video about the 10 redesign

Chipp

• Rep: -10
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2014, 12:21:27 PM »
"Just broke my phantom 2's gunna buy tensors with my christmas money......fuck that ill spend it on w.o.w."

ogcoors

• Rep: -69
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2014, 12:39:32 PM »
They seem ok to me. I like Indy just because I'm so used to them and I don't adjust them when I get them so all new trucks ride the same. I would suggest going on an Indiana jones type mission and locating stage 8 136s changed my life even ride them on a 8.5.

O yeah tracer your dumb you backed Indy for life before on a previous thread I guess your life is short. Kook

alonzohambugerjones

• Rep: 3
  • http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-5sK5IyEANvg/TkMuXcaLsGI/
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2014, 02:51:44 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Pretty sure the boards Dwindle puts in sporting good stores are a significant step up from the plastic truck, non turning wheels and 12 ply decks that are being sold in there right now. Or were you waiting for the sporting goods stores to actually make a decent product to a small margin of their customers?
Im not sure dwindle sells boards in sports stores, I said they're product is a step up from world industries product that you can buy in those stores. Tensors dont turn right, dwindle decks feel soggy and break easier than most brands.
Do you work for dwindle? Send me some product and I will review it for you.

Spitfire4life

• Rep: -20
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2014, 04:29:23 PM »
They seem ok to me. I like Indy just because I'm so used to them and I don't adjust them when I get them so all new trucks ride the same. I would suggest going on an Indiana jones type mission and locating stage 8 136s changed my life even ride them on a 8.5.

O yeah tracer your dumb you backed Indy for life before on a previous thread I guess your life is short. Kook
He does this all the time. Anytime he gets something new, he says it's the best on the market and talks shit about other brands. When he was on Indys, he talked about how shitty thunders were; a month or so later, he posts in the Setup thread that he had Thunders, and then would go on about how great they are and how shitty Indy was.
If you take medical advice from this puddle of retards you are going to die.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated

posguy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2014, 05:29:43 PM »

I get the never changing truck companies, changing trucks is worse than changing board companies.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Im not sure dwindle sells boards in sports stores, I said they're product is a step up from world industries product that you can buy in those stores. Tensors dont turn right, dwindle decks feel soggy and break easier than most brands.
Do you work for dwindle? Send me some product and I will review it for you.

They do sell in sporting good stores for precisely the reason I stated. Those boards aren't meant to be seriously skated and they recommend going to a skate shop when you get better. I don't work for Dwindle but I'm not a subscriber to the hate that people heap on them. I skated an armor light from Darkstar for a few months after dropping it fully in the LOVE park fountain and it only lost a little of it's pop before snapping.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 823
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2014, 07:32:36 PM »