Author Topic: Grip  (Read 9459 times)

Dr Steve Brule

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
Re: Grip
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2014, 08:01:29 PM »
I also bought a roll of Jessup. It's what I grew up riding, so it's familiar. I once had Black Magic and loved it but all local shops stopped carrying it. I also tried Grits griptape and that had to be the worst griptape ever used.
For Your Health

sweat stains

• Rep: 33
  • slap sux
    • Shady Griptape avatar image
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2014, 08:33:00 PM »
I run my own grip company. It's good stuff, I've only heard positive feedback about it. Never peels or flakes at the edges, and it feels a lot like mob if I had to compare.

You can use the code "slappals" to get 20% off of everything  :)

Shadygriptape.com

damn those yarys bout those squats

QUIT SINNIN

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
  • PATSY
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2014, 08:43:35 PM »
i got a roll of jessup for 35 bucks on ebay a few months ago.  I'm set for a few years at a fraction of the price.  

Wait, people's skateshops actually charge extra for grip?  

I had always skated Jessup until recently. My grip always seemed to get really fucking dirty for whatever reason so I switched to Mob. It's defintely stayed cleaner and the edges have stayed in tact much better than Jessup.

However, when skating a new deck with new shoes, it's almost unskatable. Literally feels like my feet are glued to the board.

What is Shake Junt like? I would never dare riding their logo grip, but recently got a plain black sheet with a Baker board I ordered from their website. Didn't even know that existed.

Also curious to hear about Mouse.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2014, 09:08:50 PM »
Expand Quote
i got a roll of jessup for 35 bucks on ebay a few months ago.  I'm set for a few years at a fraction of the price.  
[close]

Wait, people's skateshops actually charge extra for grip?  

I had always skated Jessup until recently. My grip always seemed to get really fucking dirty for whatever reason so I switched to Mob. It's defintely stayed cleaner and the edges have stayed in tact much better than Jessup.

However, when skating a new deck with new shoes, it's almost unskatable. Literally feels like my feet are glued to the board.

What is Shake Junt like? I would never dare riding their logo grip, but recently got a plain black sheet with a Baker board I ordered from their website. Didn't even know that existed.

Also curious to hear about Mouse.

Mouse is all done on mob, skated a few sheets with the larger spray graphics, doesn't seem to clog up the painted parts all too much

2thick

• Rep: -63
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2014, 09:51:59 PM »
I run my own grip company. It's good stuff, I've only heard positive feedback about it. Never peels or flakes at the edges, and it feels a lot like mob if I had to compare.

You can use the code "slappals" to get 20% off of everything  :)

Shadygriptape.com

I'll skate it of you flow me some

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • the moon rules
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2014, 01:28:19 AM »
That goofball ari at paradox sent the entire message board griptape back in 2009. It was the only time I ever tried it, but it wasn't bad. I like mob though. It's super grippy. To me my board feels better with new grip and new shoes. Maybe I'm weird. I've always thought that people that sand down brand new grip are really the weird ones. I always cut up my grip and throw lines into it. Sometimes I'll line it up perfectly  so there's a super thin line/practically no line at all. Sometimes I'll jazz it up and give my board either the vertical line, while sometimes I'll give my board the philly stripe
fuck you bama

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2014, 02:36:50 AM »
@Quit Sinnin, had the all black SJ grip, it was really good. Can't really compare it to either Mob or Jessup since its not really like either. It's definitely more grippy than Jessup, but less grippy than Mob. I'd get it more often if it wasn't like 9 bucks per sheet.

Life Fast Johnny

« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2014, 12:01:12 PM »
@Quit Sinnin, had the all black SJ grip, it was really good. Can't really compare it to either Mob or Jessup since its not really like either. It's definitely more grippy than Jessup, but less grippy than Mob. I'd get it more often if it wasn't like 9 bucks per sheet.

I agree with this.  Plain SJ is like a slightly grittier Jessup that stays perfect on the edges of your board forever.  Usually hard to find when I need it though.

Lately I have had good luck with plain black (no cutout) Bro Style.  It feels broken in from the start and stays clean on the edges nicely for  relatively the same price as Jessup or Mob.

2thick

• Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2014, 06:13:55 PM »
Decided to go for paradox. Let's see how it goes  :-[

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2014, 06:40:42 AM »
mob, jessup or ashes.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2014, 06:50:14 PM »
Jessup. Although if I have a deck that lasts a long time I usually need to re-grip the tail.

I hate fresh Mob.

2thick

« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2014, 08:43:46 PM »
Paradox grip came in yesterday. Took super long to even ship out but once it did it came in like a day. It feels really nice though and I like their logo so I guess that's a plus. Can't wait until Christmas to actually put it on some boards.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2014, 12:08:54 AM »
http://www.amazon.com/SHAKE-Skateboard-Griptape-Sheet-BLACK/dp/B009L7B7E6/ref=sr_1_10?s=action-sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1418884409&sr=1-10

amazon has the black SJ grip for $2.
Plus 4.66$ for shipping. Meh, still not worth it when I could just buy Jessup at the shop down the street from me for three bucks.

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2014, 01:41:26 PM »
Plus 4.66$ for shipping. Meh, still not worth it when I could just buy Jessup at the shop down the street from me for three bucks.
fuck that seller NewClue. they sell a lot of generic stuff and scammed me on regular mob awhile back. it was $1.50 a sheet so i bought 4 to get a better deal with the shipping cost. they just sent some cheap feeling perforated grip with a blank backing. i later read other people had the same thing happen. a few weeks after that a different seller had mob selling for 20 cents a sheet and i bought the last 15. it was a place i was already ordering  from when i noticed the grip on sale and took the chance because i would only lose 3 dollars if it was fake, but i got lucky that time. love/hate amazon

posguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2014, 09:58:56 AM »

coneklr

« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2014, 05:22:28 PM »
I've always used black magic since shorty's prime.  Anytime I've used anything else I wasn't impressed ( I liked mob more than jessup though) .  Drawing/designs just depends on how I'm feeling when I hook up a new board.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2014, 05:13:22 AM »
Black magic is hard to find around here. Seems like no one carries them, except for a couple sporting goods and mall shops.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2014, 05:28:26 AM »
I have some Itä grip on my new deck... Never heard of them til now... They sponsor Dallas Rockvam and some other euro dudes and seems like a rad small company! The grip it self looks nice, in the sweet spot beetwen mob and jessup.

WELCOME DALLAS! (to ITÄ griptape flow team) on Vimeo

http://www.italife74.com/

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP