Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 969623 times)

max power

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #210 on: April 16, 2015, 07:54:33 AM »

the 94a were too hard.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #211 on: April 16, 2015, 08:23:16 AM »
the 94a were too hard.

Would you say these are closer to the old indy stock bushings? You know, the ones that didn't used to be shit :D

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

BMCsteve

« Reply #212 on: April 16, 2015, 08:56:20 AM »
Expand Quote
the 94a were too hard.
[close]

Would you say these are closer to the old indy stock bushings? You know, the ones that didn't used to be shit :D

The current stock Indy bushings are 88a.  The old stock bushings were 90a.  So basically if you want to match the old bushings, you'll want to get the Orange "Medium" aftermarkets.  To match the current stock Indy bushings you'll want to get the Red "Soft" bushings.

Also, if you'r running 149's I suggest getting the cylinder bushings.  Conicals are fine in 139's but you'll get wheelbite in 149's

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #213 on: April 16, 2015, 06:09:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
the 94a were too hard.
[close]

[close]

The current stock Indy bushings are 88a.  The old stock bushings were 90a.  So basically if you want to match the old bushings, you'll want to get the Orange "Medium" aftermarkets.  To match the current stock Indy bushings you'll want to get the Red "Soft" bushings.

Also, if you'r running 149's I suggest getting the cylinder bushings.  Conicals are fine in 139's but you'll get wheelbite in 149's

And just to state the obvious, if you get stock white bushing they are 78a!

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #214 on: April 16, 2015, 07:09:19 PM »

Thanks, basically I just want my indys to turn/ feel how they used and bones isn't cutting it. I know this is pretty much a SLAP sin but I rock 129s :-X

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

BMCsteve

« Reply #215 on: April 16, 2015, 07:44:29 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Thanks, basically I just want my indys to turn/ feel how they used and bones isn't cutting it. I know this is pretty much a SLAP sin but I rock 129s :-X

Nice!  The conicals are great in 139's so i imagine they will be in the 129's.  if you still have issues, i'd go softer.  smaller trucks have less leverage so you need softer bushings

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
  • sweet, man.
« Reply #216 on: April 16, 2015, 10:29:27 PM »

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #217 on: April 17, 2015, 12:08:58 AM »
^ Thats sick! I didn't know it came in color too. Is that the 8.25?

ferraveemo

• Rep: 23
« Reply #218 on: April 17, 2015, 02:26:07 AM »

I wish they kept the 8.38 size. I love the shape on that size...i wonder if they have it on similar sizes/different graphics. Can anyone confirm?

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • sweet, man.
« Reply #219 on: April 17, 2015, 07:29:05 AM »

yeah it's an 8.25. i was only expecting to see the all white/all black colorways too, but then these showed up. they are allegedly pretty limited so i might not end up skating it.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #220 on: April 20, 2015, 12:13:13 PM »

Picked this up last week, 8.125" (measures out but feels like an 8.25" to me)
Nose shape is really nice, concave is on the deeper medium side and the kicks are nice, tail is pointyish.
Pretty disappointed overall tho; skated it less than 4 hours and it's already down to the third ply. Felt DOA too. Live and learn (and back to bloodwizard); keeping it as back up.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 07:30:24 PM by Xen »

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #221 on: April 20, 2015, 02:47:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yeah it's an 8.25. i was only expecting to see the all white/all black colorways too, but then these showed up. they are allegedly pretty limited so i might not end up skating it.

I think I wanna get one. Where did you get it?

if it's not possible, does anyone know where I can get one?

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • sweet, man.
« Reply #222 on: April 20, 2015, 11:59:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

a shop in vancouver by the name of antisocial had a few recently. blue tile lounge in toronto should have some as well, they both do mail orders.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #223 on: April 21, 2015, 12:17:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

a shop in vancouver by the name of antisocial had a few recently. blue tile lounge in toronto should have some as well, they both do mail orders.

Aah, shit. I'm in europe and the shipping is usually even more expensive than from the states... Plus the boards are more already.

Good looking out though, thanks!

yapple dapple

« Reply #224 on: April 22, 2015, 10:58:26 AM »
These boards are in great shape, not warped at all. Think I'll save the Montoya and ride the Petersen.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #225 on: April 22, 2015, 07:29:04 PM »
Blood Wizard
Heiresses of Countess Bathory
8.125" x 31.5"

I don't know why I bother trying other decks other than to reaffirm how much I love Blood Wizards. The shapes are magical, super thin plys so they are very very light yet very strong and super stiff; I don't know how they do it.

BMCsteve

« Reply #226 on: April 22, 2015, 08:33:41 PM »
^ Mannnnn that graphic rules!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 08:40:18 PM by BMCsteve »

BMCsteve

« Reply #227 on: April 22, 2015, 08:39:50 PM »
I've skated 15 different boards in the last year from a lot of different companies, different wood shops, various sizes, etc and the Sovrn deck has by far been the best.  The dimensions are absolutely perfect for me.  Nice long wheel base, long nose and tail and that "two fingers" of flat that Schmitt talks about.

All around the best board that I've ever skated so I picked up a couple backups

Width - 8.38"
Wheelbase - 14 3/4"
Tail - 6 3/4"
Nose - 7 1/4"

Also I wanted to try out the new Ricta NRG wheels after hearing good things from Xen.  Each pro model has a unique shape, the Westgate's are super slim at 27mm wide (Slimmer than Bones V3 and sml slims) and have an almost square/tablet profile

Two sheets of trusty Mob M-80 for the new decks when they're ready

« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 05:53:16 AM by BMCsteve »

ZEBRA

« Reply #228 on: April 23, 2015, 12:41:18 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Where'd you get this Windbreaker?

Subversions Skateshop in Sacramento, CA. Only 100 made and only sold in shops.

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #229 on: April 23, 2015, 08:49:53 PM »
Got some awesome shit in a trade... Lance Powell board, not a reissue, and an old ass AWS hat.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #230 on: April 24, 2015, 03:12:33 AM »
I've skated 15 different boards in the last year from a lot of different companies, different wood shops, various sizes, etc and the Sovrn deck has by far been the best.  The dimensions are absolutely perfect for me.  Nice long wheel base, long nose and tail and that "two fingers" of flat that Schmitt talks about. All around the best board that I've ever skated so I picked up a couple backups

Width - 8.38"
Wheelbase - 14 3/4"
Tail - 6 3/4"
Nose - 7 1/4"

Also I wanted to try out the new Ricta NRG wheels after hearing good things from Xen.  Each pro model has a unique shape, the Westgate's are super slim at 27mm wide (Slimmer than Bones V3 and sml slims) and have an almost square/tablet profile

Damn Steve, that's a haul. This thread is bad for my wallet. That Sovrn boards looks great, what woodshop does them?

BMCsteve

« Reply #231 on: April 24, 2015, 06:33:18 AM »
Expand Quote
I've skated 15 different boards in the last year from a lot of different companies, different wood shops, various sizes, etc and the Sovrn deck has by far been the best.  The dimensions are absolutely perfect for me.  Nice long wheel base, long nose and tail and that "two fingers" of flat that Schmitt talks about. All around the best board that I've ever skated so I picked up a couple backups

Width - 8.38"
Wheelbase - 14 3/4"
Tail - 6 3/4"
Nose - 7 1/4"

[close]

Damn Steve, that's a haul. This thread is bad for my wallet. That Sovrn boards looks great, what woodshop does them?

They're from PS Stix.  I was anti-PS for a long time but this board changed that.  Never got soggy, never chipped, just a solid board with nice dimensions

ZEBRA

« Reply #232 on: April 24, 2015, 10:23:21 AM »
[/URL]

What's the deal with M-80?? My friend was telling me it's just less-grippy than regular MOB. More like a Jessup feel??

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #233 on: April 24, 2015, 04:38:14 PM »
came up on a new pair of Emerica westgate's, a Hopps "we are the music makers" tee and a Focus mag tee for $13 bucks today.

Pango

• Rep: -30
« Reply #234 on: April 24, 2015, 04:58:58 PM »
I've been skating a Mother Collective board since I got it last Saturday and I have to say I have not been disappointed.  I will post pictures soon.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #235 on: April 27, 2015, 10:28:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[/URL]
[close]

What's the deal with M-80?? My friend was telling me it's just less-grippy than regular MOB. More like a Jessup feel??

It's grippier than jessup but less chunky than regular mob, it's more like Black Magic sole saver; I'm a fan.

ZEBRA

« Reply #236 on: April 27, 2015, 05:18:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[/URL]
[close]

[close]

It's grippier than jessup but less chunky than regular mob, it's more like Black Magic sole saver; I'm a fan.

I'm not a fan of Jessup because it's not grippy enough for me. So, I may have to try this...

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #237 on: April 30, 2015, 09:29:08 PM »
Bought a pair of cons chucks from Atlas after hearing about the shit that happened to them recently, they're really nice guys to deal with hopefully no one fucks with them again

dillanharp

« Reply #238 on: April 30, 2015, 09:42:47 PM »
Bought a pair of cons chucks from Atlas after hearing about the shit that happened to them recently, they're really nice guys to deal with hopefully no one fucks with them again

Unfortunately Skateworks got hit the other night, same smash and grab style, down the road a bit. Probably the same guys.

ZEBRA

« Reply #239 on: April 30, 2015, 11:54:13 PM »
I'm surprised Atlas and Skateworks don't have bars or something on their windows. Like, according style gates they can open and shut. I know Atlas is in a decent area, not sure what type of area Skateworks is in. What about insurance?? Do skateshops not insure their stores??

Or maybe they do have that shit. I don't know... Fucking bummer either way. Hope those fuckheads are caught. It's only a matter of time before a couple guys start showing up to SOMA or some other park trying to sell product out the back of their car.