Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 293409 times)

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -38
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #660 on: January 04, 2016, 09:54:09 PM »
^ i am sooo OCD about how hats fit my head that i never try to buy em online.. thankfully i got one in a TOA mystery box that fits well. i got a crailtap mystery box and the hat made me look like elmer fud
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 66
« Reply #661 on: January 05, 2016, 11:43:53 AM »
I just got my 8.4 A. Allen deck with the Boys of Summer DVD, the Isle DVD, and some random patches.  Pretty stoked.  I haven't ridden a deck this wide in awhile, but I have size 11.5 feet, so it should work. 

concerned_parent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -85
« Reply #662 on: January 05, 2016, 11:45:00 AM »
Haven't got them in the mail yet, but pretty psyched.

i've got two of these and they fit like shit. they've been sitting in a box under my bed since the day they came in the mail.

really? I like mine a lot, what colors are sitting under your bed?

the pastel green with the navy blue embroidery and the navy blue with the white embroidery

PM if you're interested in taking these off my hands...
good come sausage

Randozzi

« Reply #663 on: January 05, 2016, 11:50:23 AM »
Picked up an Indy bearing press, after market Indy conical bushings and a set of 54mm Prize Fighters.
Have been wanting the press for a while, xmass present to myself.

ZEBRA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #664 on: January 05, 2016, 12:01:50 PM »
I'm always spending wayyyy too much money on skate stuff. Shoes and clothes mostly, but I'm really stoked on my recent purchases...

White dipped

Doom Sayers Club rails that look like red curbs.

Got them in 56mm.

I got some Indy Hollows that I've had for awhile that I'm going to put on and MOB grip. Need to get some Reds bearings and some Indy soft bushings and I'm ready to build her.

Hoping I don't have to put risers on. I ride my trucks medium tightness. Maybe a bit on the loose side.

Sorry for the giant picture.
Shopping at Zumiez.....

Look motherfuck, I just want to buy my "Purple Drank" shirt and get the fuck out so I can get home in time to steal some Virginia Slims from my mom before she gets home from work.

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -38
« Reply #665 on: January 06, 2016, 09:26:29 PM »
Picked up an Indy bearing press, after market Indy conical bushings and a set of 54mm Prize Fighters.

i hate hate hate getting bearings out, hurts the shit outta my palm and wrist. how does it work? i wanted to get this ;

but the one they have at the shop doesn't work too well. has any one else used this? im assuming the shop ones really old and over used so i'd like to see how someones experience with this is

its $15 and a bigger bearing presser/puller is $30
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

ZEBRA

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #666 on: January 06, 2016, 10:27:00 PM »
Just picked these up for the cruiser that I'm building that I was posting about. Stoked. Hopefully set it up this weekend!!!

Shopping at Zumiez.....

Look motherfuck, I just want to buy my "Purple Drank" shirt and get the fuck out so I can get home in time to steal some Virginia Slims from my mom before she gets home from work.

ferraveemo

• Rep: -3
« Reply #667 on: January 06, 2016, 11:21:41 PM »
Just picked these up for the cruiser that I'm building that I was posting about. Stoked. Hopefully set it up this weekend!!!

Just ordered these from Tactics...don't get why the shipping is taking almost a week but when I order shoes or skate parts they usually take 3-4 days!

Anyhow do these mush out? after jumping ship from Indy to Ace...Bone's Mediums are too hard/tight now. I've never imagined it be like that after all these years.

Do the aftermarket soft bushings come close to the Ace's Stock bushing's?

concerned_parent

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #668 on: January 07, 2016, 06:21:30 AM »

i hate hate hate getting bearings out, hurts the shit outta my palm and wrist. how does it work? i wanted to get this ;

why don't you just use a screwdriver to get them out? gives you the leverage you need to easily pry them out.

but the one they have at the shop doesn't work too well. has any one else used this? im assuming the shop ones really old and over used so i'd like to see how someones experience with this is

good come sausage

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #669 on: January 07, 2016, 08:10:54 AM »

why don't you just use a screwdriver to get them out? gives you the leverage you need to easily pry them out.

You don't just use your trucks, or is that what's hurting your wrists? Not being a dick but it sounds like you're just small or lacking strength.

Edit: I have one of these Reflex tools, it has a bearing press as well, maybe it'll help. I just use my trucks though.
http://www.amazon.com/Reflex-254497-P-Utili-Tool-Skate-Tool/dp/B007B9UK0S
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 08:28:11 AM by Level 60 Dwarf Paladin »
you never know about pre-cum 

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -579
« Reply #670 on: January 07, 2016, 01:39:30 PM »
I bought some shirts at the GAP, get it?

Rocko

• Rep: 12
« Reply #671 on: January 07, 2016, 02:19:15 PM »

You don't just use your trucks, or is that what's hurting your wrists? Not being a dick but it sounds like you're just small or lacking strength.

Edit: I have one of these Reflex tools, it has a bearing press as well, maybe it'll help. I just use my trucks though.

the truck hangar usually does the job for me but have you ever tried to take bearings out/put in in some pig wheels? its a struggle

Jordick

• Rep: 16
« Reply #672 on: January 07, 2016, 02:36:00 PM »
Brown 874 Dickies 31x30
White Proclub shirt
white socks
these count right?
You think he just rolled out of bed and b/s 360 mannied the roselyn banks?

ZEBRA

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #673 on: January 07, 2016, 09:07:47 PM »

Just ordered these from Tactics...don't get why the shipping is taking almost a week but when I order shoes or skate parts they usually take 3-4 days!

Anyhow do these mush out? after jumping ship from Indy to Ace...Bone's Mediums are too hard/tight now. I've never imagined it be like that after all these years.

Do the aftermarket soft bushings come close to the Ace's Stock bushing's?

They're pretty soft. They do mush out, depending on how tight you like your trucks.

To give you an idea. I'm about 200lbs. and I ride my trucks medium/loose. I absolutely love them. They have never chipped or tore on me. They have great response. There's a white bushing that Indy makes and it's "Super Soft". Softer than the red ones. I almost got them to see if I would like them, but decided against it. Rethinking that decision now...

I couldn't give you a comparison to ACE's stock bushings. Only had one set, and it was while I had a torn ACL, so I never really skated them. They're were also back when they first came out.
Shopping at Zumiez.....

Xen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 7
« Reply #674 on: January 08, 2016, 07:17:47 AM »
Stock Ace bushings are 94/92 ish, much stiffer than the indy reds.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 66
« Reply #675 on: January 08, 2016, 08:00:49 AM »
Quote from: Rocko  link=topic=82832.msg2430200#msg2430200 date=1452205155

I've just always used the axel or the bench mounted bearing press at the shop.  Works for me.

the truck hangar usually does the job for me but have you ever tried to take bearings out/put in in some pig wheels? its a struggle

layzieyez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #676 on: January 08, 2016, 09:16:30 AM »
Quote from: Rocko  link=topic=82832.msg2430200#msg2430200 date=1452205155

I've just always used the axel or the bench mounted bearing press at the shop.  Works for me.

If you use bearing spacers then that bones bearing tool doesn't work well at all.
I take everything I said back. The board hit me in the nuts for the first time ever today, because i was wearing these shits.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 69
« Reply #677 on: January 08, 2016, 11:29:11 AM »
Have you tried using a flat-head screwdriver to get your bearings out? I think it's a little easier than using your axles.

spaghetti

• Rep: 4
« Reply #678 on: January 08, 2016, 03:23:24 PM »
Couple print from henry_jones.

Adam Abbas

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #679 on: January 08, 2016, 05:37:58 PM »
Bought a few things over the holidays:

Chocolate's Winnipeg and Toronto boards, the Green Apple X Girl board, and a Shut Tony Manfre pro board.  I don't know if I should skate the Shut board or not, opinions are welcome!  Not pictured are legit Bones Swiss which I'm excited to try out, and a pair of the original Adidas SLR shoes that I'll be skating eventually.
You're hollerin' Don Fisher

I'm screamin' Buddy Carr

iwshilvdnfinland

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -105
« Reply #680 on: January 09, 2016, 08:08:20 AM »
Have you tried using a flat-head screwdriver to get your bearings out? I think it's a little easier than using your axles.

that's what i use...  and i use my feet for the most leverage.

left foot holds down the wheel, and the right one presses down on the flat head screwdriver i've jammed in the bearing piece stuck in the wheel.  i've done this since i'm 14 and it's never once failed me now matter what the wheel is.

Brandon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 275
  • how can it be? she's a...boy!
« Reply #681 on: January 09, 2016, 07:13:05 PM »
riding the aesthetics nostalgia train pretty hard lately. i found this killer denim jacket/chore coat during an ebay crawl about a week ago and it showed up in the mail today, ordered a medium and a large to be safe. best skate-related purchase in a very long time.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 10:57:38 PM by Brandon »

iwshilvdnfinland

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -105
« Reply #682 on: January 09, 2016, 07:39:42 PM »
^ that is incredible.  

did that come from one of those Singapore/Malaysia dudes?

Brandon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 275
  • how can it be? she's a...boy!
« Reply #683 on: January 09, 2016, 07:57:45 PM »
^ that is incredible.  

did that come from one of those Singapore/Malaysia dudes?
hong kong actually, ebay user evs282. he has an incredible collection of 90s/early 00s gear for good prices. i think he has one of the denim jackets left in M too.

franquietits

• Rep: 34
« Reply #684 on: January 10, 2016, 01:47:14 AM »

that's what i use...  and i use my feet for the most leverage.

left foot holds down the wheel, and the right one presses down on the flat head screwdriver i've jammed in the bearing piece stuck in the wheel.  i've done this since i'm 14 and it's never once failed me now matter what the wheel is.

same here, except I use the bearing presser end of a relfex skate tool. Works great, even for yanking a bearing out in a similar fashion. It's a bulky tool, but it helps.

Hannity

« Reply #685 on: January 10, 2016, 07:38:26 AM »
truck re-threader is crucial.

filmthis

• Rep: 0
« Reply #686 on: January 12, 2016, 07:48:55 PM »
a shirt from samurainy.com.......

hope it's legit.. lol

i was probably supposed to pay theories for the same shirt....

... or not. i don't really know
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 07:51:25 PM by filmthis »
vx1000

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • HI8VHS
« Reply #687 on: January 12, 2016, 11:45:53 PM »
came across this at a skateshop on my way home from out of town couldn't pass it up for $20 and its my size. The Little tag at the bottom is a little stash pocket too. Probably the best thing i will buy all year.

Randozzi

« Reply #688 on: January 13, 2016, 01:28:01 AM »

Bearing press has a nub that helps remove the bearing from the wheel. Not ideal but still works well.
Just Cruise is great, really digging it. Zach Chamberlin did a great job, really looking forward to his vid., Sprinkles when it comes out!

CINCINNATI

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 61
« Reply #689 on: January 13, 2016, 05:07:29 PM »
this deck has some sentimental value. saw this at the actual coexist skateshop in cincy in 2008, always wanted to buy it since they closed down years ago. finally bought one i saw on eBay.