Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 969605 times)

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #630 on: December 31, 2015, 09:13:26 AM »
Haven't got them in the mail yet, but pretty psyched.

i've got two of these and they fit like shit. they've been sitting in a box under my bed since the day they came in the mail.
good come sausage

the canadian suit

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #631 on: January 01, 2016, 07:58:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i've got two of these and they fit like shit. they've been sitting in a box under my bed since the day they came in the mail.

really? I like mine a lot, what colors are sitting under your bed?
p-shuvs and v-flips

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #632 on: January 02, 2016, 09:12:42 PM »
going home soon so ordered some kicks;

Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

ferraveemo

• Rep: 23
« Reply #633 on: January 03, 2016, 12:06:15 AM »

It depends if they're the first edition ones with the stretchy cotton/canvas with the velcro strap vs. the new canvas with the leather strap.

The first editions did fit like shit especially if you don't have a round head. they shape to the form of your head and feel super shallow, almost feels like you're wearing those beanies with the visor/brim on them haha!

I did however tried on the new one with leather strap and they fixed the shape on that. It would've been a whole lot better if they used that same 6 panel that everyone is using that starts of with a flat brim and not those stupid polo ones.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #634 on: January 03, 2016, 03:10:50 PM »
Came up on some Blueprint boards and couldn't resist. On hand I'm psyched because Blueprint was such an amazing company but then it also bums me out thinking about the shitty V2.0 "relaunch", which literally no one considers to be Blueprint at all.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #635 on: January 03, 2016, 03:15:53 PM »
Came up on some Blueprint boards and couldn't resist. On hand I'm psyched because Blueprint was such an amazing company but then it also bums me out thinking about the shitty V2.0 "relaunch", which literally no one considers to be Blueprint at all.

The tree/subway board is glorious!

Bought a bunch of stuff, will post it soon

Randozzi

« Reply #636 on: January 03, 2016, 07:05:03 PM »
The two on the right are amazing, Quiet Corners did the graphics I think. Paul G. is a great photographer, so good!

straight

« Reply #637 on: January 03, 2016, 07:09:50 PM »

Ohhh shit!! I have that tree "tube" deck. I've been sitting on it for a few years because my sister brought it back from London and I thought it was a cool graphic.

Coconut Lotion

« Reply #638 on: January 04, 2016, 02:53:53 AM »
I agree, that Jensen tree/tube board is beautiful. I miss the old blueprint. But isle is absolutely killing it to be fair, really fresh brand

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #639 on: January 04, 2016, 04:04:57 AM »

Stoking up i see! Such a rad shoe. You're thinking about skating the r/r ones?

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Dima

« Reply #640 on: January 04, 2016, 01:04:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

All the Polar gear I have seen out there look pretty B-class quality, but yeah the hats was the biggest disappointment with the flimsy brims.

Coconut Lotion

« Reply #641 on: January 04, 2016, 01:24:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

All the Polar gear I have seen out there look pretty B-class quality, but yeah the hats was the biggest disappointment with the flimsy brims.

Yeah I got a polar wallet as a Christmas gift from my girl and it is pretty poorly put together. It's stitched all crooked and i think they used some kind of glue to put it together too because I opened it up today and some sticky liquid was leaking out the edges. Ah well I wasn't expecting a great deal but still surprised how subpar the wallet is

Hannity

« Reply #642 on: January 04, 2016, 02:14:34 PM »
picked up the yellow stain, 8.6 shape from Snack. never bought from them before but clamy said they were South Central so I'm beyond stoked to find that width made by them. probably a 14.5 wheelbase but we'll see.

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #643 on: January 04, 2016, 06:34:23 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Stoking up i see! Such a rad shoe. You're thinking about skating the r/r ones?

yeah thankfully found em all for under $50 ! Not gonna skate them r/r but i have a pair right now that i wore as  a chiller that lasted me a year!

[

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #644 on: January 04, 2016, 09:17:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It depends if they're the first edition ones with the stretchy cotton/canvas with the velcro strap vs. the new canvas with the leather strap.

The first editions did fit like shit especially if you don't have a round head. they shape to the form of your head and feel super shallow, almost feels like you're wearing those beanies with the visor/brim on them haha!

I did however tried on the new one with leather strap and they fixed the shape on that. It would've been a whole lot better if they used that same 6 panel that everyone is using that starts of with a flat brim and not those stupid polo ones.

I just got that polar hat today. Its the new one with the leather strap. It also comes with a flat bill. I refuse to ever wear a hat with a velcro strap and pre flattened bill. The only complaint i have is that there weren't enough notches in the hat. I had it at the tightest notch and it was still too big, so I had to make a notch myself, also had to trim part of the leather strap off, because it was ridiculously long, very comfortable hat though.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #645 on: January 04, 2016, 09:54:09 PM »
^ i am sooo OCD about how hats fit my head that i never try to buy em online.. thankfully i got one in a TOA mystery box that fits well. i got a crailtap mystery box and the hat made me look like elmer fud

[

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #646 on: January 05, 2016, 11:43:53 AM »
I just got my 8.4 A. Allen deck with the Boys of Summer DVD, the Isle DVD, and some random patches.  Pretty stoked.  I haven't ridden a deck this wide in awhile, but I have size 11.5 feet, so it should work. 

concerned_parent

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #647 on: January 05, 2016, 11:45:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

really? I like mine a lot, what colors are sitting under your bed?

the pastel green with the navy blue embroidery and the navy blue with the white embroidery

PM if you're interested in taking these off my hands...
good come sausage

Randozzi

« Reply #648 on: January 05, 2016, 11:50:23 AM »
Picked up an Indy bearing press, after market Indy conical bushings and a set of 54mm Prize Fighters.
Have been wanting the press for a while, xmass present to myself.

ZEBRA

« Reply #649 on: January 05, 2016, 12:01:50 PM »
I'm always spending wayyyy too much money on skate stuff. Shoes and clothes mostly, but I'm really stoked on my recent purchases...

White dipped

Doom Sayers Club rails that look like red curbs.

Got them in 56mm.

I got some Indy Hollows that I've had for awhile that I'm going to put on and MOB grip. Need to get some Reds bearings and some Indy soft bushings and I'm ready to build her.

Hoping I don't have to put risers on. I ride my trucks medium tightness. Maybe a bit on the loose side.

Sorry for the giant picture.

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #650 on: January 06, 2016, 09:26:29 PM »
Picked up an Indy bearing press, after market Indy conical bushings and a set of 54mm Prize Fighters.

i hate hate hate getting bearings out, hurts the shit outta my palm and wrist. how does it work? i wanted to get this ;

but the one they have at the shop doesn't work too well. has any one else used this? im assuming the shop ones really old and over used so i'd like to see how someones experience with this is

its $15 and a bigger bearing presser/puller is $30

[

ZEBRA

« Reply #651 on: January 06, 2016, 10:27:00 PM »
Just picked these up for the cruiser that I'm building that I was posting about. Stoked. Hopefully set it up this weekend!!!

ferraveemo

• Rep: 23
« Reply #652 on: January 06, 2016, 11:21:41 PM »
Just picked these up for the cruiser that I'm building that I was posting about. Stoked. Hopefully set it up this weekend!!!

Just ordered these from Tactics...don't get why the shipping is taking almost a week but when I order shoes or skate parts they usually take 3-4 days!

Anyhow do these mush out? after jumping ship from Indy to Ace...Bone's Mediums are too hard/tight now. I've never imagined it be like that after all these years.

Do the aftermarket soft bushings come close to the Ace's Stock bushing's?

concerned_parent

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #653 on: January 07, 2016, 06:21:30 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i hate hate hate getting bearings out, hurts the shit outta my palm and wrist. how does it work? i wanted to get this ;

why don't you just use a screwdriver to get them out? gives you the leverage you need to easily pry them out.

but the one they have at the shop doesn't work too well. has any one else used this? im assuming the shop ones really old and over used so i'd like to see how someones experience with this is

good come sausage

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #654 on: January 07, 2016, 08:10:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

why don't you just use a screwdriver to get them out? gives you the leverage you need to easily pry them out.

[close]
You don't just use your trucks, or is that what's hurting your wrists? Not being a dick but it sounds like you're just small or lacking strength.

Edit: I have one of these Reflex tools, it has a bearing press as well, maybe it'll help. I just use my trucks though.
http://www.amazon.com/Reflex-254497-P-Utili-Tool-Skate-Tool/dp/B007B9UK0S
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 08:28:11 AM by Level 60 Dwarf Paladin »
you never know about pre-cum 

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -606
« Reply #655 on: January 07, 2016, 01:39:30 PM »
I bought some shirts at the GAP, get it?
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

Rocko

• Rep: 38
« Reply #656 on: January 07, 2016, 02:19:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
You don't just use your trucks, or is that what's hurting your wrists? Not being a dick but it sounds like you're just small or lacking strength.

Edit: I have one of these Reflex tools, it has a bearing press as well, maybe it'll help. I just use my trucks though.
http://www.amazon.com/Reflex-254497-P-Utili-Tool-Skate-Tool/dp/B007B9UK0S

the truck hangar usually does the job for me but have you ever tried to take bearings out/put in in some pig wheels? its a struggle

Jordick

« Reply #657 on: January 07, 2016, 02:36:00 PM »
Brown 874 Dickies 31x30
White Proclub shirt
white socks
these count right?

ZEBRA

« Reply #658 on: January 07, 2016, 09:07:47 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Just ordered these from Tactics...don't get why the shipping is taking almost a week but when I order shoes or skate parts they usually take 3-4 days!

Anyhow do these mush out? after jumping ship from Indy to Ace...Bone's Mediums are too hard/tight now. I've never imagined it be like that after all these years.

Do the aftermarket soft bushings come close to the Ace's Stock bushing's?

They're pretty soft. They do mush out, depending on how tight you like your trucks.

To give you an idea. I'm about 200lbs. and I ride my trucks medium/loose. I absolutely love them. They have never chipped or tore on me. They have great response. There's a white bushing that Indy makes and it's "Super Soft". Softer than the red ones. I almost got them to see if I would like them, but decided against it. Rethinking that decision now...

I couldn't give you a comparison to ACE's stock bushings. Only had one set, and it was while I had a torn ACL, so I never really skated them. They're were also back when they first came out.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 937
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #659 on: January 08, 2016, 07:17:47 AM »
Stock Ace bushings are 94/92 ish, much stiffer than the indy reds.