Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 294928 times)

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #1350 on: October 11, 2016, 08:18:48 PM »
got this Riley Hawk football shape on sale from Tactics. got a ways to go on my current board, but i'm really itching to set this up

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -37
« Reply #1351 on: October 16, 2016, 06:39:48 PM »
never have owned any thing from FA but always liked dylan and figured i'd get this in his memorial;

this one also caught my eye;

and a made 2 inspired purchase which i really really really like;

Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

six newell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #1352 on: October 16, 2016, 08:10:46 PM »

fadedpastels

• Rep: 5
« Reply #1353 on: October 17, 2016, 12:38:06 PM »

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 801
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #1354 on: October 18, 2016, 08:58:02 AM »
So the story goes that I brought out the NOS D3's I found in Copenhagen last year and we were skating in them and laughing about how huge they are and after a while even though there is zero board feel I kinda got used to the feeling of puffy shoes, and when we filmed a line in them I thought puffy looked kinda sick. So I thought why not try the modern puffy and decided these two would do as they were on sale and I like the look of them. Haven't worn DC's in well over 10 years but so far I dig them.

childhood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #1355 on: October 19, 2016, 02:59:33 PM »

Crail still makes some sick stuff
Nancy Drew

Jake From State Farm

« Reply #1356 on: October 19, 2016, 08:15:11 PM »

Hopps did a Jahmal Williams board with that same face on it a year or two ago. Crail is late to the party here.

Jud Nestorkins

• Rep: -39
« Reply #1357 on: October 19, 2016, 09:50:15 PM »
So I just got these Old Skools from a thrift store for $5. My size and as you can tell by the photos almost brand new still. However what is up with the last picture? I've never seen a sole do that before. you can't even tell when you're wearing them without walking and walking/skating just feels normal. Manufacture defect lol? By the way the second to last picture is the other shoe with the "normal" sole.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #1358 on: October 19, 2016, 10:31:10 PM »
So I just got these Old Skools from a thrift store for $5. My size and as you can tell by the photos almost brand new still. However what is up with the last picture? I've never seen a sole do that before. you can't even tell when you're wearing them without walking and walking/skating just feels normal. Manufacture defect lol? By the way the second to last picture is the other shoe with the "normal" sole.

It's honestly probably a pressure point of the last owner. Some of my shoes do something similar and I spend more time on the ball of my foot/toes
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -85
« Reply #1359 on: October 19, 2016, 10:35:26 PM »

It's honestly probably a pressure point of the last owner. Some of my shoes do something similar and I spend more time on the ball of my foot/toes
I had a new pair of Sal 23's recently do that every kickflip, it drove me nuts so I threw them in a donation bin.
you never know about pre-cum 

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #1360 on: October 19, 2016, 11:38:09 PM »
Had a pair of older model old skool pros have a similar problem, there was a bubble under the insole near the bend of the toe and it eventually lead to the sole doing that

handsclapanin

• Rep: 149
« Reply #1361 on: October 20, 2016, 10:18:00 AM »
After lurking that truck set up thread too much; I got some Khiro pivot bushings. small, soft. Getting the stock bushing out of my Indys was a major pain in the ass. Probably would have been easier if they were new trucks. Excited to try these out. It was crazy to feel how different they are compared to the hard plastic stock ones.
Also, got 2 more pairs of Reynolds cupsole to add to the stockpile. Not sure how much longer these are going to be made.

Joust Ostrich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 361
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #1362 on: October 20, 2016, 05:12:39 PM »
After lurking that truck set up thread too much; I got some Khiro pivot bushings. small, soft. Getting the stock bushing out of my Indys was a major pain in the ass. Probably would have been easier if they were new trucks. Excited to try these out. It was crazy to feel how different they are compared to the hard plastic stock ones.
Also, got 2 more pairs of Reynolds cupsole to add to the stockpile. Not sure how much longer these are going to be made.

Did you but the grey/red ones from me?  I have one more pair still new in the box, black/blue.  If you run out before I get to them, hit my up.

yapple dapple

• Rep: 60
« Reply #1363 on: October 20, 2016, 09:58:46 PM »

Hopps did a Jahmal Williams board with that same face on it a year or two ago. Crail is late to the party here.
Becky Factory has a board like that that's been out for awhile.

handsclapanin

• Rep: 149
« Reply #1364 on: October 21, 2016, 11:09:02 AM »

Did you but the grey/red ones from me??  I have one more pair still new in the box, black/blue.?  If you run out before I get to them, hit my up.

yes, Joust, that was me. same size, 9.5? I've now got 6 pairs new in the box. And currently rotating between 4 different colors (those grey ones from you being one of them). So I've got enough to last probably a year. But if these are really being discontinued like it appears (see upcoming shoes thread), I will take them. Black/blue? do you mean this color:

I wish I could find a pair of this color:

childhood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #1365 on: October 22, 2016, 03:39:16 AM »

I never saw the Hopps products you're referencing, but Jahmal Williams has dope taste, so it wouldn't surprise me if he put out a similarly seductive and intriguing female graphic. Still think the Crail shirts sick tho.

And the Chocolate "Dreamers" series, was way better than that BF stuff
Nancy Drew

Jake From State Farm

« Reply #1366 on: October 26, 2016, 01:05:06 PM »
White Blazers with the black swoosh. $36.50 shipped on ebay.  ;D

CINCINNATI

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 61
« Reply #1367 on: October 26, 2016, 06:40:15 PM »

got this on eBay for 28. small scuff on the nose, wall hanger for sure

concerned_parent

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1368 on: October 28, 2016, 05:42:05 AM »

got this on eBay for 28. small scuff on the nose, wall hanger for sure

damn i had this board. i fucking loved it. good one 4 sure.
good come sausage

dansko_vulc_mid

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1369 on: October 28, 2016, 12:50:05 PM »
Long time lurker, first time poster. Grabbed these at Century 21 in lower manhatan. Men's shoe section is lousy with SB stuff. Dunks in all shapes, colors, and sizes too.

Jim and Dan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
  • Roll for Rusty
« Reply #1370 on: October 28, 2016, 01:24:51 PM »

$20

HATE!

• Administrator
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1159
« Reply #1371 on: October 28, 2016, 02:58:04 PM »

I never saw the Hopps products you're referencing, but Jahmal Williams has dope taste, so it wouldn't surprise me if he put out a similarly seductive and intriguing female graphic. Still think the Crail shirts sick tho.

And the Chocolate "Dreamers" series, was way better than that BF stuff

Here's the Jahmal deck.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #1372 on: October 28, 2016, 03:13:59 PM »
Long time lurker, first time poster. Grabbed these at Century 21 in lower manhatan. Men's shoe section is lousy with SB stuff. Dunks in all shapes, colors, and sizes too.

This is how you start Slap on the right foot haha
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

dansko_vulc_mid

« Reply #1373 on: October 28, 2016, 03:51:45 PM »

Yikes. Figured this would happen.

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
  • All we like to listen to is Barry Manilow.
« Reply #1374 on: October 28, 2016, 07:49:29 PM »

Sitting on a pair with the same colorway... just waiting for the right opportunity to use them up. What kills me is that they felt too good on my feet, light, comfortable, stable, snug, breathable, and I like the color and the aesthetic of the shoe. Brace yourselves for the wild, contrarian and unpopular opinion, but that "Ba" guy is kinda cool too, I guess, so there's another season for me to feel too sorry for the shoes. I'll get over it as soon as my current rotation finds its way to the trash.

dansko_vulc_mid

« Reply #1375 on: October 29, 2016, 11:55:22 AM »

Sitting on a pair with the same colorway... just waiting for the right opportunity to use them up. What kills me is that they felt too good on my feet, light, comfortable, stable, snug, breathable, and I like the color and the aesthetic of the shoe. Brace yourselves for the wild, contrarian and unpopular opinion, but that "Ba" guy is kinda cool too, I guess, so there's another season for me to feel too sorry for the shoes. I'll get over it as soon as my current rotation finds its way to the trash.
[/
Same, same, and same. Difficult shoe to comprehend until you can get your hands on them. Made an audible "damn" when I slipped them on. Severely comfy and begging for a skate. The color way is very much Ladies Workout Gear Core. They also have a few pairs of the BA R/R in navy and hot pink for $65. Tempted to scoop me up and wear them in the house only.

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
« Reply #1376 on: October 29, 2016, 01:30:03 PM »
I wish the BA was still around
"fucking wheel feel off"

Bensquirts

• Rep: 61
« Reply #1377 on: October 31, 2016, 12:19:40 PM »
Down in New Orleans for my honeymoon, stopped by humidity and grabbed a shirt. Really good guy working the front and a real nice selection of gear. Definitely recommend stopping by if you're ever in the area.

concerned_parent

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1378 on: November 01, 2016, 08:35:33 AM »
Down in New Orleans for my honeymoon, stopped by humidity and grabbed a shirt. Really good guy working the front and a real nice selection of gear. Definitely recommend stopping by if you're ever in the area.

humidity rules. philly is a good dude.
good come sausage

TEMP-GNAR

« Reply #1379 on: November 01, 2016, 11:23:53 AM »
Damn I'm so stoked right now! Just won on eBay a signed/numbered Jason lee x Primewood LA reissue of the Bowie deck.