Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 969890 times)

Paco Supreme

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #1710 on: March 31, 2017, 11:14:07 PM »
so are FA just putting those hologram things on themselves or what, i've seen some shonky looking things come from PS Stix at times but theres no way they'd send out something that shitty to a customer right?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #1711 on: April 01, 2017, 05:20:53 AM »
so are FA just putting those hologram things on themselves or what, i've seen some shonky looking things come from PS Stix at times but theres no way they'd send out something that shitty to a customer right?

Apparently they all look like that. I thought it'd be a slick or maybe have a clear sheet of the heat transfer shit on top of everything, not an intern with some gorilla glue. That's the kind of shit you see a sample of and are supposed to say "we aren't doing the hologram boards because they look like shit"

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #1712 on: April 01, 2017, 06:44:13 AM »

Apperently they have no issues doing such a thing.

They really should have done a different  process like sfb said. It's really fucked.

It's too bad, that's my first FA board and I really like the idea for the graphic and the shape, but I can't back a company putting shit like this out. So that's my last FA board as well
Gentleman ninja warlock

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #1713 on: April 01, 2017, 07:14:47 AM »
you're gunna love those DC's
as for the FA board, well Dill owns the company need I say more?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1714 on: April 01, 2017, 07:23:14 AM »
wow, that FA boards looks trash shits like 85 bucks here in shops now btw for a mexi made board, ps, bbs, all like 85 bucks now a lot of places, also f4's cost like 70 bucks now, dlx shit got expensive in the past cpl years... kind of a bummer

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1715 on: April 01, 2017, 07:30:49 AM »

I hear ya, my bad for trusting FA

I. Already happy with the wes2. I needed a slip on and the homie at ripped laces recommended them. Shoe is literally perfect t for what I was looking for. Plus im down to support Wes.
Gentleman ninja warlock

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1716 on: April 01, 2017, 07:57:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I. Already happy with the wes2. I needed a slip on and the homie at ripped laces recommended them. Shoe is literally perfect t for what I was looking for. Plus im down to support Wes.
like it's b(r)itches and dill, can you imagine having a meeting with them both? *shudders*
Those wes' are the bomb, I was surprised at just how much support they have with only 2 lace loops, comfy as fuck too!

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1717 on: April 01, 2017, 08:04:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
like it's b(r)itches and dill, can you imagine having a meeting with them both? *shudders*
Those wes' are the bomb, I was surprised at just how much support they have with only 2 lace loops, comfy as fuck too!

Lol no doubt.

Yes the kremer is super comfy. It's not gonna last long but that's ok. I'll be happy to get a month out of a great shoe. I got a few pairs of course since they were on sale. I think I only paid $40/pair. I like the colourway too. Looks dope
Gentleman ninja warlock

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #1718 on: April 02, 2017, 07:16:19 PM »
Maybe the fa board has an extra graphic under the glued on one?
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #1719 on: April 04, 2017, 02:34:15 AM »
Fastest shipping ever. First pair of Footprint insoles I buy, lets see if they really work. Also hyped to try the Crupie wheels.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #1720 on: April 04, 2017, 04:12:15 AM »
Fastest shipping ever. First pair of Footprint insoles I buy, lets see if they really work. Also hyped to try the Crupie wheels.

Where did you ordered them? I'm tired of European shops with 7 days shipments :_)

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #1721 on: April 04, 2017, 04:32:01 AM »

Let us know how the crupie are? I've been looking to try something different than formula fours although ill most likely he right back to spitfire.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

Pigeon

« Reply #1722 on: April 04, 2017, 05:13:56 AM »
Maybe the fa board has an extra graphic under the glued on one?
Has anyone ripped the hologram off or skated a board until it came off? I wanted the AVE Terminator board, but immediately told myself, "No," after I saw how fucked it was. I would not be surprised if they fucked up a batch of boards and added the hologram shit to salvage/sell them.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #1723 on: April 04, 2017, 05:17:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Where did you ordered them? I'm tired of European shops with 7 days shipments :_)

http://www.titus-shop.com

Ordered sunday at night and got it today at 11am.
I'm living in germany at the moment so that could be the reason since Titus is german.  

Big Baby Jesus, I never had Formula 4s so I can't really compare. I actually never had any wheel from the major brands dunno why, I guess I like to try the smaller companies. ahah But I'll do a review on the wheel thread later for sure.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

fergus

• Rep: 45
« Reply #1724 on: April 04, 2017, 05:33:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Saw some instagram photo of the ave terminator board where the whole thing just fell off.
[close]

I could see that happening.

Here is a close up pic (with shitty lighting)

Look close around the edges of the graphic

Wow, that is embarrassing, especially when Jimi Britches always declares FA as shitting over all other board companies.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #1725 on: April 04, 2017, 06:07:20 AM »
I saw some dudes AVE terminator board where the glued on plastic piece just came off entirely on a warm up boardslide. I've had problems with the quality of their regular graphics so I can't imagine how shitty these would be.

micky682

« Reply #1726 on: April 04, 2017, 06:16:32 AM »
I saw some dudes AVE terminator board where the glued on plastic piece just came off entirely on a warm up boardslide. I've had problems with the quality of their regular graphics so I can't imagine how shitty these would be.
The guys at Pitcrew told me FAs split color plys is the reason a lot of the decks delaminate or break really easily. I think they essentially just cut two different top plys and glued them together, correct me if I am wrong though

peeweepawn

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1727 on: April 04, 2017, 07:08:07 AM »
ordered a split Sage deck from fa a couple of months ago. had it in a box til my current board was done and i just looked at the board and it was splitting so i sent them the pictures and got my money back. at least they were cool with it lol

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #1728 on: April 04, 2017, 01:38:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I'm living in germany at the moment so that could be the reason since Titus is german.  

Big Baby Jesus, I never had Formula 4s so I can't really compare. I actually never had any wheel from the major brands dunno why, I guess I like to try the smaller companies. ahah But I'll do a review on the wheel thread later for sure.
Titus sucks.
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #1729 on: April 04, 2017, 02:10:30 PM »
Quote from: Krooked antihero  link=topic=82832.msg2628085#msg2628085 date=1491338306
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Titus sucks.

Why? I'm not really on pair about them, but they usually have pretty much everything about skate stuff.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #1730 on: April 04, 2017, 02:31:51 PM »
Quote from: Krooked antihero  link=topic=82832.msg2628085#msg2628085 date=1491338306
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Titus sucks.
[close]

Why? I'm not really on pair about them, but they usually have pretty much everything about skate stuff.

Thanks and for the info but I had a horrible experience with Titus.

After 10 days I contacted them to know where was my package, and I  got the same info I could find by myself clicking on the tracking.

5 days later and tired to wait I called DHL and they told me that the package never left Germany because it didn't had the address... WTF

I Asked them again how I should proceed and I got my money back without any reply. After an angry mail from my part I got a 5% discount... Ridiculous coming from their mistake.

Probably in Germany works well, but my shipment to Spain was a disaster..

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #1731 on: April 04, 2017, 02:40:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Titus sucks.
[close]

[close]

Thanks and for the info but I had a horrible experience with Titus.

After 10 days I contacted them to know where was my package, and I  got the same info I could find by myself clicking on the tracking.

5 days later and tired to wait I called DHL and they told me that the package never left Germany because it didn't had the address... WTF

I Asked them again how I should proceed and I got my money back without any reply. After an angry mail from my part I got a 5% discount... Ridiculous coming from their mistake.

Probably in Germany works well, but my shipment to Spain was a disaster..

Uhmm that sucks :/

I also have good experience with Flatspot and Route One, never waited more than 4/5 days when I was living in Portugal.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

heritage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1732 on: April 04, 2017, 04:14:21 PM »
Will be setting this up soon. Guru's new deal, the board brand is called Birch. I don't know who is pressing them. The shape is pretty straight forward, similar to BBS shape, and the concave is moderate to flat so I'm pretty hyped to set it up.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1733 on: April 04, 2017, 05:52:32 PM »
Quote from: fergus  link=topic=82832.msg2627962#msg2627962 date=1491309189
Wow, that is embarrassing, especially when Jimi B(r)itches always declares FA as shitting over all other board companies.
I wouldn't trust anything that came out of his (or Dill's) mouth

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #1734 on: April 04, 2017, 10:32:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Titus sucks.
[close]

Have heard so many stories about their shady business over the years, but that skatebus tour in barcelona was the last thing for me that turned me off. I'd like to say back in -03 or somthing like that Titus organized these charter bus tours from germany to barcelona. It was basically hundred of kids to arrive in one spot with that bus, leaving shitloads of litter after them and moving on to the next spot. Locals were super pissed because those kids shut down so many good spots, and police were getting more and more annoyed by the skaters. I think atleast partly because of Titus and his grom tours skating was illegal in bcn for few years and people were getting more and more tickets for skating...
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

FirstBlood82

• Rep: 115
« Reply #1735 on: April 05, 2017, 07:57:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

i used to get the package from titus after 1 day, germany to sweden. but now they have change shipping company and it takes abit longer.

Live Fast Johnny

• Rep: 22
« Reply #1736 on: April 05, 2017, 03:39:48 PM »
Will be setting this up soon. Guru's new deal, the board brand is called Birch. I don't know who is pressing them. The shape is pretty straight forward, similar to BBS shape, and the concave is moderate to flat so I'm pretty hyped to set it up.

This looks great.  Let us know how it does.

rails

• Rep: -50
« Reply #1737 on: April 05, 2017, 04:04:58 PM »
anyone skate these before?
http://i.imgur.com/w6zJyo1.jpg
im getting a 8.12 by 32 deck and im deciding between this set of wheels, which are 54mm and 99a, and a set of Girl stout wheels, 52mm 98a durometer. thanks!

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #1738 on: April 05, 2017, 07:08:47 PM »

Qewo would have a field day with this.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1739 on: April 05, 2017, 07:26:32 PM »
Qewo would have a field day with this.
LOL