Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 969738 times)

Krooked antihero

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #1800 on: May 05, 2017, 12:47:08 PM »

Got my first paycheck today :)
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #1801 on: May 05, 2017, 01:46:02 PM »
Shit matches your quilt dog, rad purchase ^

CINCINNATI

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #1802 on: May 09, 2017, 12:43:08 PM »
ATTN: Finland :-*

Bought the two slicks for the wall, the stabbing is for my friend and the spaceman is for myself.

I'm about to set the one in the middle up.

<3

Joe Pesci

« Reply #1803 on: May 09, 2017, 09:31:08 PM »

Internet sales too good
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 04:58:21 PM by Joe Pesci »

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #1804 on: May 10, 2017, 09:34:43 AM »
Indy universal hardware; works for both phillips and allen
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 11:23:09 AM by Noble Experiment »

CINCINNATI

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #1805 on: May 10, 2017, 09:51:21 AM »
anyone on here score any of the danny way alien workshops or the selego habitat from goodwill? if so, congrats, you outbid me.

micky682

« Reply #1806 on: May 10, 2017, 10:08:37 AM »

Wouldn't they strip easier?

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #1807 on: May 10, 2017, 10:14:39 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

They do. And sadly they seem to be the most common bolts in many shops around here. Allen all the way for me, but I'll rather take philips than these.

HFS40000

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1808 on: May 10, 2017, 07:20:16 PM »
Remember Randoms Hardware?  I thought that shit was so dope when I was a kid.  I miss weird pointless gimmicks in skating

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #1809 on: May 10, 2017, 07:36:18 PM »
Randoms are still around, because who doesn't want to pound bolts out of a board once it's done

HFS40000

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1810 on: May 10, 2017, 07:51:50 PM »
haha I just googled them.  Ten bucks for bolts?  Fuuuuck that, the gimmick wasn't that cool

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #1811 on: May 11, 2017, 11:03:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

They do. And sadly they seem to be the most common bolts in many shops around here. Allen all the way for me, but I'll rather take philips than these.

Been using a set for a year and a half, no problems but they were the only 7/8 silver hardware I found recently

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #1812 on: May 12, 2017, 02:40:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Been using a set for a year and a half, no problems but they were the only 7/8 silver hardware I found recently

Mine stripped right away, I don't think I'll use combi bolts again unless I really don't have a choice. So gross looking too

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #1813 on: May 12, 2017, 03:26:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Mine stripped right away, I don't think I'll use combi bolts again unless I really don't have a choice. So gross looking too

Picked up a pair of Plus Reserve bolts and they're the same thing. Not sure if these also have the problem they have where the bolts stick out and you have to force them into the deck.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #1814 on: May 12, 2017, 06:31:53 AM »

Decided to actually try giving bearing maintenance a try rather than just buying new ones whenever they get bad. Was actually very satisfying and it's made a big difference!

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #1815 on: May 12, 2017, 11:07:51 AM »
Decided to actually try giving bearing maintenance a try rather than just buying new ones whenever they get bad. Was actually very satisfying and it's made a big difference!

Drake - Fancy (NEW 2011) HQ+Lyrics.

I just use a gatorade bottle with a rod, full of diesel oil -- since it's the cheapest fuel. But welcome to the club, nonetheless.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #1816 on: May 12, 2017, 11:57:05 PM »

I have this homie who cleans his set of Swiss atleast once in a month, he takes them fully apart, like removing cages and cleaning every ball manually... He's been been riding that same set for years and years now...
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #1817 on: May 13, 2017, 12:22:28 AM »
Quote from: Krooked antihero  link=topic=82832.msg2641460#msg2641460 date=1494658625
Expand Quote

[close]
I have this homie who cleans his set of Swiss atleast once in a month, he takes them fully apart, like removing cages and cleaning every ball manually... He's been been riding that same set for years and years now...

ha must take some patience... i do it once every 6 months..
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #1818 on: May 14, 2017, 05:55:07 AM »
Quote from: Krooked antihero  link=topic=82832.msg2641460#msg2641460 date=1494658625
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

ha must take some patience... i do it once every 6 months..
I do it when it's already too late. I've normally cracked a cage or something before I remember to clean them.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #1819 on: May 16, 2017, 07:34:55 PM »
I changed wheels recently and saw some rust on my accels so rinsed my bearings - taking the cages in and out is annoying so just take the shields off- rinse the bearings in acetone, dry em well and then rub the shields clean with rubbing alc. so worth it for swiss's

Here's the shit i got recently.

not the most ergonomic but saves a ton of space to take with me on the go- if i need to tighten some bolts during a sesh its nice. Not practical to setup a board with though.

So for the f4's ive tried classics, classic slims, classic wides, conical full and now these radial silms. so far there pretty awesome. probably will revert back to the classics as always though haha wanted to give these a go after seeing a few of you PALs posting em on the set up thread.

had a cheap clip on fish eye. a homie of mine gifted me the VX handle made by death lens so i figured i'd get this. HUGE difference in quality.

Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #1820 on: May 16, 2017, 09:52:58 PM »
Found some SLAP angel stickers online

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #1821 on: May 18, 2017, 02:47:59 PM »

I'm sure there's more cost effective ways to go about it, but this thing along with acetone and speed cream literally brought my Swiss 6 back from the dead.  I got over eager to skate during the spring thaw here in MI and one of the bank spots I regularly skate had a bit of ice with a ton of water trapped beneath on the lip of the bank.  After that session my wheels were literally seizing up.  Bought the cleaning kit, speed cream, and acetone and I'm good as new.  Way less cost than a new set of swiss too.  I suggest just taking the shields off though.

thebacker

« Reply #1822 on: May 24, 2017, 10:13:51 AM »
Got Mindfield AND the DC video from @thesecrettape. dudes the best

Nora9

• Rep: -81
« Reply #1823 on: May 25, 2017, 02:57:55 AM »
2 sets of bones swiss... spending that much on bearings was hard to do hopefully they are worth it.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #1824 on: May 25, 2017, 05:22:38 AM »
A little late to the party but i finally got my hands on this one, Was thinking about making it a cruiser but the graphic is too sick. Might just go ahead and make it a wall board.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #1825 on: May 25, 2017, 05:48:13 AM »
A little late to the party but i finally got my hands on this one, Was thinking about making it a cruiser but the graphic is too sick. Might just go ahead and make it a wall board.

I really wanted to snag that when it came out and get a big setup going, but collectors and newfound BA fans snatched them all up. I just wanted a good shape. Now I don't care anymore THANKS EVERYBODY

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #1826 on: May 26, 2017, 08:59:59 AM »
Came up on 5 pairs of huf socks at Ross for .99 a piece.
some crazy colors but oh well they are the best damn socks.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #1827 on: May 26, 2017, 05:52:52 PM »
Board w/ grip, 2 shirts, and an air freshener for $80 via the crail store sale.
you never know about pre-cum 

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #1828 on: May 27, 2017, 02:54:58 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I really wanted to snag that when it came out and get a big setup going, but collectors and newfound BA fans snatched them all up. I just wanted a good shape. Now I don't care anymore THANKS EVERYBODY
The new one with the vest is a cool graphic, but that shape is super fun. I'm on my second one and would highly recommend it to anyone. I run 159s on it and it's a blast.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

calvinsdream

« Reply #1829 on: May 27, 2017, 04:03:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
The new one with the vest is a cool graphic, but that shape is super fun. I'm on my second one and would highly recommend it to anyone. I run 159s on it and it's a blast.

Second that, except with 169s. Skating the vest shape now.