Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 969641 times)

Notyourmom and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

ducky darnsworth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #2010 on: August 15, 2017, 09:50:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Also got a new pair of Footprint Gamchangers. I went awhile without because I wanted to convince myself that I didn't need them but I'm a stupid idiot and I need them.
[close]
Went through the same thought process before I got a pair of Kingfoam Orthotics and I feel like an idiot for not getting a set years ago.  Interested to hear how you like the Gamechangers.
[close]

These are actually my third pair. They really do work, I just went through two pairs back to back and wanted to see what it was like to skate normal insoles again. But after getting a heelbruise on a not very high drop I knew I had to go back.
are the game changers better than the kingfoam elites? i got a pair and they're aight but they feel more squishy than the regular kingfoam hi's did, they never really seem to get firm.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #2011 on: August 15, 2017, 10:07:47 PM »
Expand Quote
went clearance shopping on sw and spent $36

[close]
First time Ive seen a Plan B board on Slap

Pigeon

« Reply #2012 on: August 15, 2017, 11:01:55 PM »

too lazy to take an actual pic and don't want to unbox them until my chilling shoes are done...not enough space on the shoe rack.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #2013 on: August 16, 2017, 05:43:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Also got a new pair of Footprint Gamchangers. I went awhile without because I wanted to convince myself that I didn't need them but I'm a stupid idiot and I need them.
[close]
Went through the same thought process before I got a pair of Kingfoam Orthotics and I feel like an idiot for not getting a set years ago.  Interested to hear how you like the Gamechangers.
[close]

These are actually my third pair. They really do work, I just went through two pairs back to back and wanted to see what it was like to skate normal insoles again. But after getting a heelbruise on a not very high drop I knew I had to go back.
[close]
are the game changers better than the kingfoam elites? i got a pair and they're aight but they feel more squishy than the regular kingfoam hi's did, they never really seem to get firm.

I've never had the Kingfoams but I really believe in the Gamechangers. They're not really squishy or too bulky or anything. I just feel a general sense of support, which is nice in the thinner shoes I tend to wear. Plus everyone's feet/walking patterns/etc are different so the whole oven molding thing you do is super cool so that you get support exactly where you need it.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #2014 on: August 16, 2017, 02:34:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Tried the regular kingfoams. Super comfy but lack support, after putting my feet through regular vulc shoes it's messed up my arches and sticking to Gamechangers. Orthics are good but after a while my arches would burn, a problem I don't have with gamechangers
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Nora9

• Rep: -81
« Reply #2015 on: August 17, 2017, 12:23:48 AM »
was riding on my old krux downlows and small ass wheels (prob 46mm or so) and it felt so strangely right

CINCINNATI

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #2016 on: August 17, 2017, 10:03:05 AM »
picked up some super star adv vulc's from eBay and am impressed. haven't skated them too much yet but damn they feel nice. anyone have any bad things about them?

NJFly318

• Rep: 3
« Reply #2017 on: August 17, 2017, 10:20:15 AM »
I just picked up a pair of Venture 5.8s. I'll see if I like them better than the Thunder 149s that I've been using.

JAesop

« Reply #2018 on: August 17, 2017, 01:08:09 PM »

Dear, Skateboarding + Polar collab deck. Graphic nod to Salman. Graphics by Ron Chatman I think.

shitcunt

• Rep: 4
« Reply #2019 on: August 17, 2017, 01:45:38 PM »
I just picked up a pair of Venture 5.8s. I'll see if I like them better than the Thunder 149s that I've been using.

I did the same recently, pushing around on them I can't say I'm sold. There's definitely a lag before you start turning. I wish they'd just make a slightly higher thunder with an extended base plate, it would be hands down the best truck.

NJFly318

• Rep: 3
« Reply #2020 on: August 17, 2017, 06:48:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I did the same recently, pushing around on them I can't say I'm sold. There's definitely a lag before you start turning. I wish they'd just make a slightly higher thunder with an extended base plate, it would be hands down the best truck.

I wish the same thing, I like everything about Thunders except the wheel bite (even with 1/8" risers). I will see what they feel like when I can skate again, overall I am excited to try them.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #2021 on: August 17, 2017, 07:57:24 PM »
picked up some super star adv vulc's from eBay and am impressed. haven't skated them too much yet but damn they feel nice. anyone have any bad things about them?
My only complaint was your sock bunching up a little bit with the insole but that only happens when you put the shoe on. Once it's on they are fine. I loved them and want to buy the black high tops next. Might have to skate my samba ADVs first to justify the purchase.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #2022 on: August 18, 2017, 09:28:23 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
My only complaint was your sock bunching up a little bit with the insole but that only happens when you put the shoe on. Once it's on they are fine. I loved them and want to buy the black high tops next. Might have to skate my samba ADVs first to justify the purchase.
I skated the classic white leather color of the Superstar ADV for about 2 weeks before I couldn't stand them.
To me, they start looking really bad after you skate them, probably because they were white leather but I also shredded the laces very quickly.

I also have very sweaty feet, so after about 10 minutes my foot would be sliding like crazy on the insole and my heel would slip out of the back of the shoe when pushing and walking. I actually felt like the Adiprene was too high and mushy and very unstable.
Overall I just don't think the shoe holds its shape very well and it's a giant miss just like the way they designed the Stan Smith Vulc. I'm not sure who's foot it was designed for or who the hell did sample testing.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #2023 on: August 18, 2017, 05:44:10 PM »
Anyone ever buy blank decks from skatewarehouse? Twenty bucks.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
« Reply #2024 on: August 18, 2017, 05:49:15 PM »
spent a pretty penny

JK INDUSTRIES
Dream Girl OG Shape 9.5
Zero Suit Samus 8.25
Dream Girl Socks
Dream Girl T-shirt

I also order The Friendship x Stugazi deck

--

« Reply #2025 on: August 18, 2017, 10:09:07 PM »
that's pretty much all i skate. the nose is noticeably larger than the tail, just so you know

doublesteveburger

« Reply #2026 on: August 18, 2017, 11:24:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
that's pretty much all i skate. the nose is noticeably larger than the tail, just so you know

How's the concave on them?

Nora9

• Rep: -81
« Reply #2027 on: August 19, 2017, 01:37:00 AM »
spent a pretty penny

JK INDUSTRIES
Dream Girl OG Shape 9.5
Zero Suit Samus 8.25
Dream Girl Socks
Dream Girl T-shirt

do u own an anime body pillow?

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
« Reply #2028 on: August 19, 2017, 06:50:02 AM »
Expand Quote
spent a pretty penny

JK INDUSTRIES
Dream Girl OG Shape 9.5
Zero Suit Samus 8.25
Dream Girl Socks
Dream Girl T-shirt

[close]

do u own an anime body pillow?

Yes

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #2029 on: August 19, 2017, 07:00:50 AM »
After reading about Jc taking zumiez for all they're worth in the sale gear thread, I figured I checkout what cheap welcome boards were up, found one in the shape I like for $35 so i snagged it, it's gonna sit at the back of my stack of boards for a while but hopefully it has a good bottom ply stain I can strip back.

Picked up a GX long sleeve from a uk shop that was on sale too

Chuck Gender

« Reply #2030 on: August 19, 2017, 10:25:32 AM »
Bought my first set of Bones Swiss six balls. Man, I just should have done that years earlier. Loving them so far!

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #2031 on: August 19, 2017, 10:33:14 AM »
Bought my first set of Bones Swiss six balls. Man, I just should have done that years earlier. Loving them so far!
If you're not already, do yourself a favour and use spacers with them. It helps prevent too much stress on the cages meaning they're less likely to crack.

Chuck Gender

« Reply #2032 on: August 19, 2017, 01:24:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
If you're not already, do yourself a favour and use spacers with them. It helps prevent too much stress on the cages meaning they're less likely to crack.
Sure, spacers are in place. But thanks for the advice!

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2033 on: August 19, 2017, 06:28:07 PM »
My new theory is to buy them directly from Powell because then you can buy an extra or a cage which they sell in singles....

That's actually not a bad gimmick for a company....sell a set of 9 so you have an extra....

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #2034 on: August 20, 2017, 12:46:28 PM »
Expand Quote

These are $3.90.   There are 6 different ones, and they're comfortable. 

https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/tommy-guerrero-collection-graphic-t-shirt-194437.html?dwvar_194437_color=COL00&cgid=

[close]

Thanks Joust. Just picked up 4 Guerrero shirts.
I also have to give you a thanks joust, I checked the link and ended up ordering this one:

For only 3.50$ it was too good to pass up.

Bensquirts

• Rep: 75
« Reply #2035 on: August 20, 2017, 01:50:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/tommy-guerrero-collection-graphic-t-shirt-194437.html?dwvar_194437_color=COL00&cgid=

[close]

[close]
I also have to give you a thanks joust, I checked the link and ended up ordering this one:

Picked up a few of these shirts too. 

Thanks Joust!

Joust Ostrich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #2036 on: August 20, 2017, 07:54:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Picked up a few of these shirts too. 

Thanks Joust!
You're welcome guys.  Happy to help out.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

CINCINNATI

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2037 on: August 22, 2017, 04:27:26 PM »

caved and bought these

Carrolls Chesthairs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2038 on: August 22, 2017, 05:15:44 PM »
blazer-zoom-low

caved and bought these

How are you liking these? I have a blister on the toe next to my pinky toe from skating these.

CINCINNATI

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2039 on: August 22, 2017, 06:05:29 PM »
Expand Quote
blazer-zoom-low

caved and bought these
[close]

How are you liking these? I have a blister on the toe next to my pinky toe from skating these.

haven't got them yet, ordered online (no local shop has them)

I've skated regular blazer mids, gt blazers, and bruins so I figure it would be kind of like those. bruins were pretty tight around my feet which is perfect for me. felt like a sock. blazer grand taylors were looser than bruins, but still nice. blazer mids were some of my favorite shoes. loosest out of all, even with the elastic tongue centering thing. Only reason I purchased the non gt blazer ones was because they look to have the blazer mid sole which has a thicker herringbone than the taylors. my gt ones wore out in about two months while the mid's were still going after like 4 months. plus, the soles are thicker in height so they look cooler Imo, just a personal thing. ill report back when I get them haha. fingers crossed they don't give me blisters