Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 969652 times)

handsclapanin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #2610 on: June 23, 2018, 10:09:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Dumb question maybe, but what's the use for a bearing press?
[close]

Inserts the bearings/spacers without putting any pressure on the inner race. When you use an axle or a Bones bearing tool all the force is placed on the inner race which pushes/pulls on the cage which can loosen the tolerances and can damage the cage, balls and raceways etc. Has a bearing puller as well which pulls them straight out, no twisting or torquing.
[close]

Won't all this and much worse happen when you go skate for the first time though? 🤔

not if you don't land primo. or do slappies. or take any impact.
honestly though, I'm a little jealous. I wish I had a bearing press. Getting this last set into some radial slims hurt my hand, using the tried and true truck method.
just googled it. $50. while looking it up, the wife looks over, asks what that thing is. The noise she made when I explained to her made it clear she thinks its ridiculous. "what?? laughing. do it the old fashion way"

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 289
« Reply #2611 on: June 23, 2018, 10:22:12 PM »
Bought a Cromer 8.06 krooked deck. Finally feels like a good size. I've been all over the place as far as sizes goes. 7.75 roller horror was fun but impact from landing was rough. 8.38 real full shape just felt way too goddamn big but its fun to ride on tranny. 9.25 BA cruiser is awesome but also just mainly my cruiser. I think im just going to stick to riding 8.06-8.2 from now on.

I wouldn't mind getting a bearing press to be honest. I had a similar experience as hands did trying to get bearings into a set of spit classics. It was so difficult to get them in that I actually bruised the insides of my hands. I almost sent them back but eventually got the last one popped in. But I dont have 50$ to spare on something im only going to use a few times a year.

Smartass

• Rep: 46
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2612 on: June 24, 2018, 12:00:45 AM »
Bought a Cromer 8.06 krooked deck. Finally feels like a good size. I've been all over the place as far as sizes goes. 7.75 roller horror was fun but impact from landing was rough. 8.38 real full shape just felt way too goddamn big but its fun to ride on tranny. 9.25 BA cruiser is awesome but also just mainly my cruiser. I think im just going to stick to riding 8.06-8.2 from now on.

I wouldn't mind getting a bearing press to be honest. I had a similar experience as hands did trying to get bearings into a set of spit classics. It was so difficult to get them in that I actually bruised the insides of my hands. I almost sent them back but eventually got the last one popped in. But I dont have 50$ to spare on something im only going to use a few times a year.

Probably not as nice as the Bronson one, but I picked up this one a while back and has helped greatly for me and my homies.

https://www.amazon.com/Owlsome-Skateboard-Longboard-Bearing-Sticker/dp/B00R4BTXZG/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1529823348&sr=8-4&keywords=bearing+press&dpID=51G4reV5rJL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Wonderful Whizzplank

• Rep: 8
« Reply #2613 on: June 24, 2018, 01:46:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Inserts the bearings/spacers without putting any pressure on the inner race. When you use an axle or a Bones bearing tool all the force is placed on the inner race which pushes/pulls on the cage which can loosen the tolerances and can damage the cage, balls and raceways etc. Has a bearing puller as well which pulls them straight out, no twisting or torquing.

Couldn't you get similar effects putting the bearing in by placing an old bearing on the axle first, then pressing against that?
Total newbie

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #2614 on: June 24, 2018, 05:47:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Couldn't you get similar effects putting the bearing in by placing an old bearing on the axle first, then pressing against that?
^^^feeling slow. This has never occurred to me.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2615 on: June 26, 2018, 12:08:40 PM »
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #2616 on: June 26, 2018, 01:12:34 PM »
hah, i've got the same in 8.5 on wait.

Elderly Gentleman

• Rep: 4
« Reply #2617 on: June 26, 2018, 01:13:50 PM »
Due to them getting some love on here recently, I decided to order a set of Mini Logo 8.38 trucks.  I've been skating Thunder Team high 149's.  My backup set is Krux 8.25's but I've noticed they just don't seem as responsive.  I'm looking forward to trying the ML's out (when they arrive)
I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around.

"I'll just use my Zumiez rewards card".

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #2618 on: June 26, 2018, 03:03:21 PM »
Due to them getting some love on here recently, I decided to order a set of Mini Logo 8.38 trucks.

don't lie

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2619 on: June 26, 2018, 03:39:32 PM »
hah, i've got the same in 8.5 on wait.

You’ve got impeccable taste!
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #2620 on: June 26, 2018, 03:59:32 PM »
Bought another pair of Romeros, would've scored them for cheaper too, had i not ordered them drunk at 11 pm when my pay went through

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #2621 on: June 26, 2018, 04:21:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Won't all this and much worse happen when you go skate for the first time though? 🤔
[close]

not if you don't land primo. or do slappies. or take any impact.
honestly though, I'm a little jealous. I wish I had a bearing press. Getting this last set into some radial slims hurt my hand, using the tried and true truck method.
just googled it. $50. while looking it up, the wife looks over, asks what that thing is. The noise she made when I explained to her made it clear she thinks its ridiculous. "what?? laughing. do it the old fashion way"

So what, just flat ground mannies? ;)

MC3

• Rep: 124
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #2622 on: June 27, 2018, 08:03:43 AM »
Bought another pair of Romeros, would've scored them for cheaper too, had i not ordered them drunk at 11 pm when my pay went through

I've done this before and it's super fun but also really dumb
(Cool Trick GIF)

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #2623 on: July 07, 2018, 01:53:16 AM »
just ordered another one of the Kevin Bradley Dunks Highs!

my first pair is still going strong with some super glue on the toe area. when i first got em i skated a lot for a lil over a month, then retired them and couple weeks back started skating them again. the Dunk highs seem to be perfect for my feet. got me another colorway of a dunk high that i just sharpied all black!

i never wanted to support nike too much but damn do dunks feel good......

calvinsdream

« Reply #2624 on: July 09, 2018, 03:32:46 PM »

my first pair is still going strong with some super glue on the toe area. when i first got em i skated a lot for a lil over a month, then retired them and couple weeks back started skating them again. the Dunk highs seem to be perfect for my feet. got me another colorway of a dunk high that i just sharpied all black!

How's the dunk sizing been on the highs? True to size?

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #2625 on: July 11, 2018, 04:34:32 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

How's the dunk sizing been on the highs? True to size?

yeah definetly true to size for me.....when they are all new i felt like i had the heel slipping going on (might be due to being really stiff cause of the foam midsole) but after a while that stopped. i usually get 3- 4 weeks out of a shoe. these felt super good for 2 months now!

mailman just dropped the KB ones i ordered!

Sad Hippo

« Reply #2626 on: July 14, 2018, 10:23:45 PM »
Bought the BA Dawg Shit board.  I think it's hilarious.  If you grew up when and where I did, Top Dawg shirts were big with little Northerner dudes that liked to try to fuck with skateboarders. 

HangtenNoseblunt

• Rep: -189
« Reply #2627 on: July 14, 2018, 10:48:16 PM »
nice i think thats the coolest one of the latest antihero drop, along with the grant board
Thank goodness we have HangtenNoseblunt in here as the voice of reason.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1536
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #2628 on: July 15, 2018, 03:35:28 PM »
Expand Quote
was feeling nostalgic and picked this up off ebay

[close]

I went to WAR with my mom over this backpack

I remember getting the CCS version of this backpack and simultaneously feeling excited to have a new backpack yet fully aware it was the poor man's version.  Fortunately for me, I'm not really a man anyway so it worked out.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 496
« Reply #2629 on: July 16, 2018, 02:02:10 PM »

Do you know if the dvd have bonus features that the vhs didn't have?

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2630 on: July 16, 2018, 02:45:18 PM »
bought a couple bianchi chandon hats .. deeeefinately overpriced at 50 but i got to say they are worth it . color, fit, material all perfect .. highly recommend if you’re a hat guy like me
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3289
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #2631 on: July 16, 2018, 05:26:21 PM »
bought a couple bianchi chandon hats .. deeeefinately overpriced at 50 but i got to say they are worth it . color, fit, material all perfect .. highly recommend if you’re a hat guy like me

I always get excited when I see there's a new BC release cycle, but then rarely find anything I could afford or pull off. Those hats did look good, but I'm not a hat guy so I had to let 'em go.

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #2632 on: July 17, 2018, 07:20:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I always get excited when I see there's a new BC release cycle, but then rarely find anything I could afford or pull off. Those hats did look good, but I'm not a hat guy so I had to let 'em go.

Bought one their lover tees in blue and I have to say the quality is amazing. The t-shirt even smells really nice and it's made in LA if it means anything.

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2633 on: July 17, 2018, 05:08:20 PM »
Shirts from Uprise, Humidity, and No Comply. Not doing laundry so i’m buying shirts at shops instead. Where should I go in LA?

Sad Hippo

« Reply #2634 on: July 17, 2018, 06:42:40 PM »
Shirts from Uprise, Humidity, and No Comply. Not doing laundry so i’m buying shirts at shops instead. Where should I go in LA?
Lotties and Kingswell.

Coolhats

« Reply #2635 on: July 17, 2018, 08:21:38 PM »
Just ordered a pair of brown polar surf pants. I may never wear real pants again 🙏

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2636 on: July 17, 2018, 08:45:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Lotties and Kingswell.

Sick, Pharmacy is closer but I def want to hit lotties instead. Hopefully I can do Kingswell too.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #2637 on: July 17, 2018, 11:22:01 PM »
Just ordered a pair of brown polar surf pants. I may never wear real pants again 🙏
They just look like scrubs to me, but definitely wouldn't be opposed to trying some

ungzilla

« Reply #2638 on: July 18, 2018, 07:15:37 AM »
i found these gramicci rock climbing pants at the thrift store for 5 bucks and they are what i imagine the polar surf pants are like... i.e. i'm fine w/ looking like a genie for the rest of my days because goddamn i'm comfortable.

Coolhats

« Reply #2639 on: July 18, 2018, 02:03:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
They just look like scrubs to me, but definitely wouldn't be opposed to trying some

I used to think they looked crazy, but I kept watching Nick Boserio footage and he made me really want a pair. They’re pretty loose but super light. Perfect for summer here.