Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 969682 times)

toque

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #2640 on: July 18, 2018, 02:58:34 PM »
i found these gramicci rock climbing pants at the thrift store for 5 bucks and they are what i imagine the polar surf pants are like... i.e. i'm fine w/ looking like a genie for the rest of my days because goddamn i'm comfortable.

I been loving skating my Gramicci pants lately

wheee!

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #2641 on: July 18, 2018, 08:40:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just ordered a pair of brown polar surf pants. I may never wear real pants again 🙏
[close]
They just look like scrubs to me, but definitely wouldn't be opposed to trying some
[close]

I used to think they looked crazy, but I kept watching Nick Boserio footage and he made me really want a pair. They’re pretty loose but super light. Perfect for summer here.
You're welcome  (to your wallet)
I have these, but with drawstrings. Doesn't get more comfy than some thin linen. $24 bucks and there are usually sales.

http://www2.hm.com/en_us/productpage.0567805003.html

edit: These also have the waist drawstrings. I'm gonna buy 2 more pairs.

HangtenNoseblunt

• Rep: -189
« Reply #2642 on: July 20, 2018, 02:54:25 PM »

this showed up today and he sure is cute for such an evil shmoo  :)
Thank goodness we have HangtenNoseblunt in here as the voice of reason.

Gnatpant

• Rep: 4
« Reply #2643 on: July 20, 2018, 05:06:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just ordered a pair of brown polar surf pants. I may never wear real pants again 🙏
[close]
They just look like scrubs to me, but definitely wouldn't be opposed to trying some
[close]

I used to think they looked crazy, but I kept watching Nick Boserio footage and he made me really want a pair. They’re pretty loose but super light. Perfect for summer here.
[close]
I have these, but with drawstrings. Doesn't get more comfy than some thin linen. $24 bucks and there are usually sales.

Holy shit good looks on these thanks for the link... do they fit pretty baggy? Or just right

Sad Hippo

« Reply #2644 on: July 20, 2018, 11:14:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Holy shit good looks on these thanks for the link... do they fit pretty baggy? Or just right
Do you have to iron them?  Need some new work pants.

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #2645 on: July 21, 2018, 11:13:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Do you have to iron them?  Need some new work pants.
I have a size medium pair being 6' and on the skinnier side, and I'd say they have a regular chino-type fit. Definitely not super baggy, but not slim. Similar to Volcom regular chino fit if you've tried those.
Mine do get pretty wrinkly, but I also just bunch them up and throw them in a drawer. It wouldn't hurt to give them a once over with an iron or a steamer if you were to wear them out.

SWPhillyFloater

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 63
« Reply #2646 on: July 24, 2018, 06:09:19 AM »
Just picked up some Adidas Sucius (his first shoe) and a Magenta hoodie.  Been wanting to skate his shoe for a while now so I'm excited to see how they are.

calvinsdream

« Reply #2647 on: July 24, 2018, 11:18:44 AM »
Shirts from Uprise, Humidity, and No Comply. Not doing laundry so i’m buying shirts at shops instead. Where should I go in LA?

Yoooo. Oddly enough my non Ohio shop shirts are from the same three shops. Humidity was chill when I went a couple weeks ago, bonus points for playing Cam’ron.

active_shooter

« Reply #2648 on: July 24, 2018, 11:35:53 AM »
Shirts from Blacklist and Southside skateshops. The Southside one is so dope, the owner now uses Next Level and these shirts are awesome.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #2649 on: July 24, 2018, 11:39:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

i love these stupid things. im wearing the dane dog ones right now and got an olive color pair because i wear these so much. they are really all i want to wear. ill have to look into those h&m pants because these are way to expensive.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #2650 on: July 24, 2018, 11:46:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

i love these stupid things. im wearing the dane dog ones right now and got an olive color pair because i wear these so much. they are really all i want to wear. ill have to look into those h&m pants because these are way to expensive.

Yeah the surf pants are just too good. Got a navy pair on sale and have been on the hunt for cheap ones or alternatives since. Obey actually makes some very similar pants, the 'easy' pants by obey are quite similar and often on sale. Even thinner material though. I wear an XL in polar surf pants and got an XXL in the easy pants and theyre just slightly baggier but the waist is obviously way bigger, not much of an issue with drawstrings though. If you get the same size they will probably be marginally slimmer than surf pants but close enough.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #2651 on: July 24, 2018, 11:59:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah the surf pants are just too good. Got a navy pair on sale and have been on the hunt for cheap ones or alternatives since. Obey actually makes some very similar pants, the 'easy' pants by obey are quite similar and often on sale. Even thinner material though. I wear an XL in polar surf pants and got an XXL in the easy pants and theyre just slightly baggier but the waist is obviously way bigger, not much of an issue with drawstrings though. If you get the same size they will probably be marginally slimmer than surf pants but close enough.

if you want a much cheaper version, you should look into the Dickies scrubs.  I was in a medical lab science program and had to wear scrubs to class, and the Dickies ones seem like they'd be great to skate in.  really thin but durable, cargo pockets, good fit, good breathability, lots of nice colors, and cost about 20-30 bucks. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

nopes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2652 on: July 24, 2018, 12:08:09 PM »
ill have to look into those scrubs. i check regularly for the polar pants to pop up on sale somewhere because i like the dumb colors and patterns but even on sale they are way too expensive.

nooky

• Rep: 9
« Reply #2653 on: July 24, 2018, 12:42:41 PM »
fuck all that noise - get ripstop carhartt scrubs ---

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006IX4ES2/ref=twister_B009YG8M1U?th=1&psc=1

19-30 bucks for the most part.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 12:59:25 PM by nooky »
I started getting a lot better when I went back to college and started taking a lot of math classes when I was 31.

I figured out how to figure things out better, if that makes sense.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2654 on: July 24, 2018, 01:24:52 PM »
those have a button! way too fancy for me.

CINCINNATI

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #2655 on: July 25, 2018, 06:56:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

want to pick up a pair from tactics, anyone know the inseam on these? looking at getting an xl. im cool with them being shorter, but not full on AVE capris

nopes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2656 on: July 25, 2018, 07:31:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

want to pick up a pair from tactics, anyone know the inseam on these? looking at getting an xl. im cool with them being shorter, but not full on AVE capris

i dont know off hand but based off that pair of domestics you sold me the XL will be fine on you.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #2657 on: July 25, 2018, 07:56:10 AM »

« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 08:55:04 AM by Firebert »

baustin

• Rep: 115
« Reply #2658 on: July 25, 2018, 01:23:32 PM »
Just picked up some Adidas Sucius (his first shoe) and a Magenta hoodie.  Been wanting to skate his shoe for a while now so I'm excited to see how they are.

Just finished skating my second pair of those. First shoe I've had in a while that I liked enough to buy another pair right away. I did tire of the adiprene insole after a while, it's super cushy and protective but not the least bit breathable and not to mention it makes the shoe hard to put on without bunching up your socks. Other than that the shoe is perfect to me. The Suciu II looks too narrow for my wide feet so I'm on some City Cups now. Hope you enjoy yours!

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #2659 on: July 25, 2018, 02:02:39 PM »
8.6 witchcraft and 52mm OJ insaneathane 101as

nosneb

• Rep: 78
« Reply #2660 on: July 25, 2018, 11:22:24 PM »
JJ Mother Collective reissue

Coolhats

« Reply #2661 on: July 26, 2018, 03:42:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

i dont know off hand but based off that pair of domestics you sold me the XL will be fine on you.

Check the polar site, they have a sizing guid there. That being said, I usually buy pants with a 30 inseam and the large fit about the same for me.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1033
« Reply #2662 on: July 26, 2018, 06:34:38 AM »
reliving the childhood I never really lived

nopes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2663 on: July 26, 2018, 11:29:23 AM »

shit_for_brains

« Reply #2664 on: July 26, 2018, 11:33:39 AM »
Good thing I kept an OG Bledsoe...

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 289
« Reply #2665 on: July 27, 2018, 11:04:08 PM »
T-shirt from Lotties, FTC, and DLXSF as well as a sick hat from FTC as well as a pair of Vans Pro Slip ons in the Ambrosia colorway which im hyped on. Stopped by Shrunken Head in PDX and grabbed a pair of bones med bushings to replace my indy stock which i’ll do tomorrow.

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
« Reply #2666 on: July 28, 2018, 07:08:35 AM »
Two of the Quasi Mother reissues, both the lux graphic with the flowers.
p-shuvs and v-flips

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #2667 on: July 28, 2018, 05:13:13 PM »
Lotties does a lot of random one ofs on T-shirts for their shop. I saw this one and just had to get it, too good!!

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #2668 on: July 29, 2018, 12:18:11 PM »
after a year of eyeing it, i finally decided to try some heroin. i hope it gets here quick!

even the steven

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #2669 on: July 30, 2018, 10:36:37 AM »
Picked up some 52 Spitfire classics. Can’t wait to try them and compare them with F4, Wayward and Dialtone (all of which I like)
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH