Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 295633 times)

nosneb

• Rep: 5
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #2760 on: September 09, 2018, 02:46:38 PM »
Can you post a pic of the Steepness of the kicks?

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 62
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #2761 on: September 09, 2018, 08:25:20 PM »
Ace 55s and 52mm f4 lock ins, the black and grey swirl ones.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #2762 on: September 10, 2018, 02:33:18 AM »
One of the locals at the park who's flow for DGK was selling boards out of his car for only 25 bucks each, and he just so happens to skate my size; for that cheap I had to pick one up. Never had a DGK ever, but I know they use generator wood and the shape isn't too bad, so I'm willing to give it a try

Also bought some new OG black and white Chucks to skate in, and some new bushings (not pictured).
Went with Doh Dohs cuz those were the only ones they had in a medium hard duro at the shop, they had Indy and Thunder aftermarkets as well but only in too soft of a duro for my tastes. So far they feel alright, not sure if they're fully broken in yet or not tho.

shripshrapper

• Rep: -9
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #2763 on: September 10, 2018, 12:54:52 PM »
I'd ride that for 25 bucks. It's got that nice conservative graphic

jc

• Rep: -16
« Reply #2764 on: September 11, 2018, 10:29:51 AM »

Had to scoop these states since they were only $14.99.
Figured I'll skate a pair and put other away.
And some sweet new hats. Huf and vans.

colt cannon lunchbox

• Rep: -96
« Reply #2765 on: September 14, 2018, 01:23:26 AM »

Really enjoying wanted to support Foundation after watching them on KOTR

jc

• Rep: -16
« Reply #2766 on: September 14, 2018, 06:58:14 AM »

Really enjoying wanted to support Foundation after watching them on KOTR

dude me too. I still remember my 1st foundation board back in 04. Someone had stolen my complete out of my PE locker and my friend hooked it up with a board. Problem is that was that board was huge, probably an 8.125/8.25 up until then I was exclusively riding 7.75s. I think after my two boards I have queued up I'll buy a Dakota board.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -12
« Reply #2767 on: September 14, 2018, 11:47:30 AM »
no pro on foundation got paid because you purchased a team board.

rip louis b.k.

• Rep: 6
  • im fadies
« Reply #2768 on: September 14, 2018, 12:00:23 PM »
no pro on foundation got paid because you purchased a team board.

yea fuck em for buying what they want, right

Parker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -9
  • chongo
    • tumblr
« Reply #2769 on: September 17, 2018, 04:28:22 PM »
just picked these two up.

fergus

• Rep: 4
« Reply #2770 on: September 17, 2018, 05:47:18 PM »

Can't wait for this to arrive!

Krooked antihero

• Rep: 32
« Reply #2771 on: September 17, 2018, 11:16:13 PM »
Local company (seven inch skateboards) had everything 50% off so I ordered this, never really ridden shaped boards before. This one is 8.4, no clue about other dimensions
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 02:20:23 AM by Krooked antihero »
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 62
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #2772 on: September 18, 2018, 12:30:20 AM »
That shape looks sick, super similar to the Raney Anti Hero shape.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

CrumblingInfrastructure

• Rep: 25
« Reply #2773 on: September 18, 2018, 04:09:25 AM »
Should be getting my pair of winterized romero highs tomorrow afternoon. I mostly bought them for a work shoe but when I get a chance i’ll post about how they feel skating. Ive been on a really weird shoe kick lately. Es Accel Slims -> Vans Slip On Pros -> Emerica Romero Highs. I’m definitely looking forward to trying these out and also having a shoe thats designed for wet/cold weather and seeing how they hold up in Seattle.

Edit: Shoes look good, everything is feeling weird. I wear a 9.5 in Vans, Es, and Nike. The shoe is loose but stubby(?) I feel like if I got a 9 my feet wouldn’t fit lengthwise or would be super cramped but fit well width widthwise. I pulled the laces in as tight as possible and it only feels snug right behind my toes. I can fit my hand down the collar of the shoe and touch the bottom of my foot. I’d like to add that sinces its the “winterized” version it has two hooks instead of eyelets like a hiking boot so the eyelets on the standard Romero Highs probably change the snugness around the ankle.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 03:41:13 AM by CrumblingInfrastructure »

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2774 on: September 20, 2018, 07:36:28 AM »
state harlems, which is my favorite classic shoe design style wise. toe cap and side patch.

Lurkville which is probably the best shape I ever got from a syndrome board, but it's not the size/graphic I was expecting

fakienoseslide

• Rep: 1
« Reply #2775 on: September 20, 2018, 01:25:10 PM »

Been eying these for a while now and recently found a pair of these, also in a really sick colorway. They look super sick. Got them from a importer companys sale for 35 euros.

I went half size up in these which might be a mistake but the US11 felt really snug lenghtwise. I've been meaning to try bigger shoes for a while, since most of my skateshoes make my bigtoes sore even after using and strechting them. We'll see.

kike

• Rep: 0
« Reply #2776 on: September 20, 2018, 03:40:11 PM »

Been eying these for a while now and recently found a pair of these, also in a really sick colorway. They look super sick. Got them from a importer companys sale for 35 euros.

I went half size up in these which might be a mistake but the US11 felt really snug lenghtwise. I've been meaning to try bigger shoes for a while, since most of my skateshoes make my bigtoes sore even after using and strechting them. We'll see.

Those fit weird, half size up is ok I guess...I could't convince myself of buying them when tried a full size bigger and still felt tight lenghtwise.

woodinbrine

• Rep: -2
« Reply #2777 on: September 21, 2018, 03:05:08 AM »
Set of 56mm Ricta Clouds, pack of Cheapshots and some nuts and bolts.

pauline_handsome

• Rep: 0
« Reply #2778 on: September 22, 2018, 03:05:14 AM »
if anyone has bought a board recently with nice steep kicks i'd be keen to hear thoughts about them.

i'm looking at new decks with pretty even nose/ tail kicks with a fair bit of concave.

rapscallion

• Rep: -18
« Reply #2779 on: September 22, 2018, 05:12:13 AM »
state harlems, which is my favorite classic shoe design style wise. toe cap and side patch.

Lurkville which is probably the best shape I ever got from a syndrome board, but it's not the size/graphic I was expecting

I appreciated your heads up in the sale gear thread. I bought the deck too and also got that 8.1 instead of the 8.25 shown. can't complain too much for the price so I set it up the other night.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2780 on: September 22, 2018, 07:51:59 PM »

I appreciated your heads up in the sale gear thread. I bought the deck too and also got that 8.1 instead of the 8.25 shown. can't complain too much for the price so I set it up the other night.

I generally pull the trigger when I find a solid deck for under $20 on amazon. Even If I don't need it, I flip it for 25 or 30 bucks