Author Topic: Skate Warehouse = Skate Shithouse  (Read 6207 times)

Tracer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
Re: Skate Warehouse = Skate Shithouse
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2014, 11:11:58 PM »
Can you get some stuff out of the back of a factory in China? 
he lives in hong kong, they make money not toys

Retox

• Rep: -47
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2014, 06:50:55 AM »
Man it must suck to pay for international shipping when everyone pretty much  gets shipping for free in the US.  Amazon Prime is the the fucking bomb if you need something in 2 days.

It sucks that when the big internet companies  fuck up and don't admit it and make you pay for return shipping...  Negotiate with skater owned shops.

Retox

• Rep: -47
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2014, 06:58:30 AM »
What are you ordering that you can't get in Hong Kong?  I've bought a complete there at a skateshop for roughly  120$ US just to skate their mini love park by the pier.  And I'm pretty sure they carry clothes and shoes.  Ask a local.  Have them write the address and show a taxi if they don't speak english.  That's what I did.  It's a rush bombing down Golden Street during rush hour traveling faster than the buses packed with ppl and there are streets that are closed off at night to skate through.  Hong Kong is fucking awesome.  Why go to Shanghai to breathe air pollution when you can skate plazas just as good in HK.

I'm going to laugh if our pros develop breathing problems due to traveling to mainland China often to film a part, since their bodies aren't use to the pollution.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 07:00:27 AM by Retox »

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2014, 08:45:54 AM »
On the two occasions that I have ordered from Skatewarehouse I've never had any problems. Everything came on time, no missing items, etc.
I will also say that Skatewarehouse makes some really good quality blank boards too. Real durable wood and a nice shape too. I emailed a worker there to ask them who made their boards, he said he couldn't tell me but he assured me that they were all made in the USA. Not bad for 20 bucks.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2014, 02:08:02 PM »
On the two occasions that I have ordered from Skatewarehouse I've never had any problems.

Same. Honestly whenever I've dealt with them they were good people with great service. Just because they are "big" doesn't mean they don't have knowledgeable people there or employees that don't skate, because they do. On two separate occasions they took the time to pull a particular board for me and give me the nose and tail length. I don't know what's so taboo about ordering from them if you are also buying from your local. Spread the business around.

I laugh at "core" tough guys here that act like they never mailorder. Sure you don't. That's why the forum is littered with "how do they fit" type questions. Because they aren't going to the shops to buy. Fucking hypocrites.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 08:22:28 AM by heritage »

samsk8

• Rep: -26
  • maddd propzzz
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2014, 12:57:34 AM »
be mad at the nigga negotiating ur deals
bomb ur mutha f**kn city!!

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65505
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2014, 01:16:09 AM »
be mad at the nigga negotiating ur deals
There was no middle black man.

In the end,  they said it was a mistake to ship it without contacting me and apologised. 

They took $19 off the shipping which was OK too.

None of the boards I bought (Isle, Polar, Hopps) are sold in HK.

I do still buy quite a lot of stuff at my local though. T-shirts and so on.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE