Author Topic: removing chuck taylor glued insoles  (Read 26409 times)

deadhead

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -2
removing chuck taylor glued insoles
« on: December 06, 2014, 05:55:21 PM »
I've done this with old skools and it has been a breeze but converse have them in tight. I just want to put skate insoles in but these converse one won't budge, any tips on getting them out clean and fast.

Prince Nelson

Re: removing chuck taylor glued insoles
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 06:01:29 PM »
just buy the fucking lunarlon converse.

deadhead

• Rep: -2
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 06:51:38 PM »
i'm not skating them, but skate insoles have ruined average cardboard style ones in non skate shoes

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 08:25:34 PM »
Just rip them out and remove whatever is still glued to the bottom with a butter knife.

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 08:33:14 PM »
I've never tried this with Converse, but anytime you need to remove something that's glued on just use a hairdryer.  Get it nice and hot and it should peel right out. 

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2014, 08:43:36 PM »
I've never tried this with Converse, but anytime you need to remove something that's glued on just use a hairdryer.  Get it nice and hot and it should peel right out. 
i was just wondering if that would work. i ripped one out of an old thrashed pair just now and it took a lot of effort and the toe part is stuck in there, seems impossible to get out now.  the sole is paper thin and the insole weighs like 2lbs, it would be nice to skate them with more board feel but i'm not taking the chance of ruining a good pair

shit_for_brains

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2014, 06:46:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
i was just wondering if that would work. i ripped one out of an old thrashed pair just now and it took a lot of effort and the toe part is stuck in there, seems impossible to get out now.  the sole is paper thin and the insole weighs like 2lbs, it would be nice to skate them with more board feel but i'm not taking the chance of ruining a good pair

It'll work but you have to be careful. If it gets too hot the actual insole itself will start to melt/fall apart.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2014, 07:12:07 AM »
I did this for a pair of nonskate cons a few months back. I ripped the insoles out and put some lunarlon ones I had from an old pair of Cons, they felt so much more comfy afterwards. They feel exactly like the Vol 4 Cons I had before.
I was  surprised at how easy it was to take out the insoles, there's actually like two layers of insole on each shoe but they both ripped out fairly easily. Had some chunks of foam on the second shoe stuck on, but I scraped most of it off with a blade. You just put your fingers in and rip it out with all your might.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -116
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2014, 10:49:48 PM »
Never rip the soles out. Get some heel inserts; they protect 3/4s of your feet and leave the room in your toes, so you can keep the insole in without ruining the shoe, and protect your feet.

Wegmans has them, or CVS, etc.