Author Topic: 13 year old Jagger Eaton wins Tampa AM!  (Read 10240 times)

4wheels

Re: 13 year old Jagger Eaton wins Tampa AM!
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2014, 01:53:24 PM »
This guy won in my opinion.
Brodie Penrod Tampa AM 2014 Flawless Run
this dude is a straight contest killer. gets golden ticket most of the time and makes it to finals and then blows it

skate_bored

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2014, 01:59:58 PM »
This contest might as well be "Tampa Flow". Do companies even have "Ams" anymore? Seems like as soon as you get 10 fans you're getting a pro deck. I get it that you can make more money, but you could probably stretch that out for 2 more years while building hype and awareness for the brand and THEN turn the guys pro and sell their shit.  These might as well just be any other local Tampa contest, as long as you have a car and rep-flow then you're in.

era

« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2014, 02:03:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
this dude is a straight contest killer. gets golden ticket most of the time and makes it to finals and then blows it

Dude skated 3 obstacles.  Did not utilize the park at all.  How is this a winning run?

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -360
« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2014, 03:39:12 PM »

Guarantee he didn't win because he didn't use enough of the course. That run was ridiculous eitherway. I think he should've won too.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2014, 05:23:36 PM »
This contest might as well be "Tampa Flow". Do companies even have "Ams" anymore? Seems like as soon as you get 10 fans you're getting a pro deck. I get it that you can make more money, but you could probably stretch that out for 2 more years while building hype and awareness for the brand and THEN turn the guys pro and sell their shit.  These might as well just be any other local Tampa contest, as long as you have a car and rep-flow then you're in.
250 ams entered, usually comes down to the final 10 park skaters. If you can a better run than Papa or Jagger you're pro already, thats how high the level of skating is these days.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
  • tiger style
« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2014, 05:05:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Just to clarify, this is the run that got Knibbs 4th place

How Jereme Knibbs Won Tampa Am 2014 (The Popular Vote)
[close]

Dude has great lines and flow, but the tricks weren't too hard, liked this dude way more.

Dashawn Jordan 2014 Tampa Am finals

Kinda sucks that there aren't really any actually important and already established ams in this.

this guy had the most well rounded run. seemed like the little kid had probably the hardest run with the most street variety, nibs was the local favorite and then that other guy had sickest just raws street line with all the ledge tricks.

i preferred all the other videos to jagger except maybe nibs. it was definitely sick to watch but it seems a little weird to not do any street skating in a contest like this in the same way it seems weird not to do any ramp tricks. that dashawn guy had the best run to me.

rothdigga

• Rep: 570
« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2014, 02:27:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Dude skated 3 obstacles.  Did not utilize the park at all.  How is this a winning run?

That run was his semi-finals run...FYI to everyone commenting why he didn't win.  With that run he definitely would have won the entire event, but that was to qualify for the finals, which he did comfortably in first place.  But he had 3 tries in the finals to make that run and couldn't do it.  It was one of the best runs I've seen there even without using the entire course.  If you're going to skate 2-3 obstacles the whole time, you better do it like that and just fuck up the ledge nonstop. 

Spitfire4life

• Rep: -20
« Reply #67 on: December 11, 2014, 03:19:01 PM »
Jagger lives in my city, and his dad owns a huge indoor gym/skatepark. The park is actually pretty fun, so I skate it occasionally. You gotta pay $15 for 3 hours. Anyways, my friends and I were skating the mini mega and jagger came up and told us we had to leave so that he could "train". We kindly asked that we could skate it with him, being that we had paid to skate. He got angry and told us that "if we didn't leave, he'd have his dad kick us out". We left the ramp and skated the street area for the rest of the night. We haven't been back since.

Him and his brother Jett are complete spoiled brats, and their dad is a complete asshole.
If you take medical advice from this puddle of retards you are going to die.