Author Topic: Alien Workshop returning with no team  (Read 75176 times)

Firestarter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -5
Re: Alien Workshop returning with no team
« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2014, 10:40:34 PM »
Why would anyone be shocked that they're returning? Dyrdek has one of th emost marketable names from MTV and there is money to be made. You think they would just sit back and let all those logos collect dust?
Kinda feels like exhuming the dead but I guess we'll see. That none of the team is coming back speaks pretty poorly about it tho, I have to admit.

Heather Chandler

« Reply #61 on: January 01, 2015, 12:17:12 AM »
As long as Hill and Carter are at the helm it will be a good thing.  Hears to The Sovereign Sect in 2015.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #62 on: January 01, 2015, 05:08:09 AM »
Why would anyone be shocked that they're returning? Dyrdek has one of th emost marketable names from MTV and there is money to be made. You think they would just sit back and let all those logos collect dust?
Kinda feels like exhuming the dead but I guess we'll see. That none of the team is coming back speaks pretty poorly about it tho, I have to admit.
Or maybe since they ran into financial trouble last time, their starring out with a stripped down company without having to pay a bunch big name pros before they even see a profit. This Alien as a "small board company"

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #63 on: January 01, 2015, 05:13:02 AM »
Most of the team wasn't getting paid before the company went under, and I don't think they'd be concerned with a paycheck if they were super down for the return of AWS. Instead, it seems like most of the remaining team is focused on Mother. It's not looking good...
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #64 on: January 01, 2015, 05:56:54 AM »
Most of the team wasn't getting paid before the company went under, and I don't think they'd be concerned with a paycheck if they were super down for the return of AWS. Instead, it seems like most of the remaining team is focused on Mother. It's not looking good...
Maybe they didnt want to not be able pay them again, skate careers are short, and maybe they didnt wanna be ina position to not get paid again

alcol

• Rep: 2
« Reply #65 on: January 01, 2015, 08:45:01 AM »
I'm a be on here until niggas start posting about my celebrity-skateboarder lifestyle exploits ala Lil Wayne.

Vibes of skating rocks

• Rep: -22
« Reply #66 on: January 01, 2015, 10:53:44 AM »
Brandon Nguyen looks to be on. Has been posting Alien related stuff for the last couple of weeks on IG and re-posted the "ON" instagram photo. Wouldn't be mad at that, he rips.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #67 on: January 01, 2015, 11:51:19 AM »
if they fuck this up i'll never forgive them.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #68 on: January 01, 2015, 12:09:15 PM »
Is chad bowers making these decisions or someone else ?

abudabi

« Reply #69 on: January 01, 2015, 01:29:10 PM »
what do they owe you again exactly?

Leaky McBurnside

• Rep: 10
« Reply #70 on: January 01, 2015, 01:35:45 PM »
As long as Hill and Carter are at the helm it will be a good thing.  Hears to The Sovereign Sect in 2015.

Carter isnt involved. Hill/Dyrdek/Tumyeto.

nino brown

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
« Reply #71 on: January 01, 2015, 01:38:55 PM »
Brandon Nguyen looks to be on. Has been posting Alien related stuff for the last couple of weeks on IG and re-posted the "ON" instagram photo. Wouldn't be mad at that, he rips.
hes bow legged
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 01:55:48 PM by nino brown »

S.E.

« Reply #72 on: January 01, 2015, 02:11:29 PM »
they should drop all previous font and logo choices, move forward with a new look but keep the audio visual aspects of the old AWS which it seems they did with that vid that dropped

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
« Reply #73 on: January 01, 2015, 02:21:18 PM »
Is chad bowers making these decisions or someone else ?

Chad Bowers is heading up 'Mother' with Gilbert, Jake, Tyler and Omar and has no affiliation with the new Alien Workshop.

abudabi

« Reply #74 on: January 01, 2015, 02:22:20 PM »
sucks that those dudes arent down to ride for alien anymore

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #75 on: January 01, 2015, 02:31:50 PM »
So here's the deal…

Alien Workshop will return for the through Tum Yeto as many have heard. From what I understand Mike Hill will be involved but Carter will not. It will return as a shadow of what it once was. In many ways I feel this return is just a way for some guys at Tum Yeto to collect another paycheck, which is sad because it comes at the expense of a classic brand. Workshops name has been tarnished enough over the years and many who love it would like to see it stay dead so the all the good times can be remembered and cherished. It will come back with an all am team and a mangled image none the less.

I will leave with this, there is a reason what was left of the original team wants nothing to do with it now.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #76 on: January 01, 2015, 02:41:54 PM »
I think you guys are hearing this shit from each other.

abudabi

« Reply #77 on: January 01, 2015, 02:44:33 PM »
tmkf is part of the gilbert's crew or something, i think he knows what he's talking about.

tmkf, you cant elaborate any on why the old dudes arent cool with the new alien?

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #78 on: January 01, 2015, 03:54:27 PM »
tmkf is part of the gilbert's crew or something, i think he knows what he's talking about.

tmkf, you cant elaborate any on why the old dudes arent cool with the new alien?

I don't want to put words in to anyones mouth, however I cannot help but sense a sentiment of corniness in regards to Workshop's return, almost disappointment. It seems as if it's being forced and everyone knows it cannot and will not be the same, even with Hill involved. If you read Jake's interview he speaks to it a little bit. All I can say is I think it has to do with Dyrdek, bad blood with how everything ended and everyone is ready for something new and authentic.

Workshop ended abruptly, people were kept in the dark and there was a lack of communication to the the staff and the team riders. There is a reason that Habitat stayed together. From what I understand Castrucci saw something coming and made an effort to be upfront and keep everyone together which made the transition more comfortable.

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #79 on: January 01, 2015, 03:56:09 PM »

I don't want to put words in to anyones mouth, however I cannot help but sense a sentiment of corniness in regards to Workshop's return, almost disappointment. It seems as if it's being forced and everyone knows it cannot and will not be the same, even with Hill involved. If you read Jake's interview he speaks to it a little bit. All I can say is I think it has to do with Dyrdek, bad blood with how everything ended and everyone is ready for something new and authentic.

Workshop ended abruptly, people were kept in the dark and there was a lack of communication to the the staff and the team riders. There is a reason that Habitat stayed together. From what I understand Castrucci saw something coming and made an effort to be upfront and keep everyone together which made the transition more comfortable. This was not the case with Workshop, one day everyone thought everything was fine the next they found out it was over.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #80 on: January 01, 2015, 04:28:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
again? this is the first i'm hearing that they owe me something. since it came from you, i'll let you elaborate.

abudabi

« Reply #81 on: January 01, 2015, 04:45:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
again? this is the first i'm hearing that they owe me something. since it came from you, i'll let you elaborate.
youre acting super entitled, as if they owe it to you to preserve your nostalgia. i can understand not wanting to see aws ruined, but saying that you'll "never forgive" a person who created a company that clearly means a lot to you is disrespectful. that is the type of shit people make fun of messageboard users for.

edit: thanks for the explanation TMKF
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 04:58:38 PM by abudabi »

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #82 on: January 01, 2015, 04:59:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
youre acting super entitled, as if they owe it to you to preserve your nostalgia. i can understand not wanting to see aws ruined, but saying that you'll "never forgive" a person who created a company that clearly means a lot to you is disrespectful. that is the type of shit people make fun of messageboard users for.
wrong. i made a facetious comment to which you jumped to a conclusion of entitlement with added layers insight into my perceived views instead of trying to clarify the meaning of my post like a logical human. that is the kind of shit people make fun of message board users for.

abudabi

« Reply #83 on: January 01, 2015, 05:06:51 PM »
there was nothing to show that your comment was facetious. people have already said similar shit, why should i assume youre joking?
edit: why wouldnt you just say you were joking after my first response?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 05:09:53 PM by abudabi »

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #84 on: January 01, 2015, 05:16:14 PM »
there was nothing to show that your comment was facetious. people have already said similar shit, why should i assume youre joking?
edit: why wouldnt you just say you were joking after my first response?
there's nothing to show it wasn't humorous either, hence my pointing out that you made a grand assumption. further, what would anyone else's comments have to do with mine? we are all individuals here.

your first response was snarky, it didn't deserve a sincere answer.

abudabi

« Reply #85 on: January 01, 2015, 05:31:20 PM »
yes, taking something at face value is a grand assumption. good point.
edit: obviously the point about other people's comments was to show that it was easy to confuse your facetious comment for a legitimate one, and one might want to avoid doing that sort of thing in order to avoid shitty needless interactions.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 05:33:51 PM by abudabi »

Chango

« Reply #86 on: January 01, 2015, 05:32:26 PM »
Has there ever been a successful relaunch of a company?

As much as I love the old AWS, just leave it and move on...

dillanharp

« Reply #87 on: January 01, 2015, 05:33:04 PM »
HOLY FUCK YOU'RE THE WORST PERSON IN THIS SHIT HOLE, FOCUS YOUR LIFE.

abudabi

« Reply #88 on: January 01, 2015, 05:35:32 PM »
hi nallid.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #89 on: January 01, 2015, 05:37:31 PM »
edit: obviously the point about other people's comments was to show that it was easy to confuse your facetious comment for a legitimate one, and one might want to avoid doing that sort of thing in order to avoid shitty needless interactions.
the 'grand' part comes from your reading into it. hence it going beyond face value. but your sarcasm just goes to show that you're sore about it.