Author Topic: Vans video.  (Read 150450 times)

BlacklistedUK

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 55
Re: Vans video.
« Reply #450 on: May 03, 2015, 06:04:15 PM »
Had the London premiere last Thursday and a good chunk of the team was over in attendance. The video itself is as good as you'd hope; beautifully put together yet still rad and raw somehow and the skating is ridiculous throughout.

As always, as  part of my job I have to film shit, so I covered the premiere, interviewed a few folk and caught Cab and Hosoi skating the House of Vans bowl. Check it out to build the hype!

Vans Propeller: The London Premiere

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #451 on: May 03, 2015, 06:58:27 PM »
someone get this online asap for everyone to watch

alexhondo54

• Rep: -5
« Reply #452 on: May 03, 2015, 07:08:21 PM »

This?
[/quote]
Im pretty sure that was not the song, no. I remember it being much different than that.

QUIT SINNIN

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
  • PATSY
« Reply #453 on: May 03, 2015, 07:47:00 PM »

This?
Im pretty sure that was not the song, no. I remember it being much different than that.
[/quote]

I can't listen at work but there's no way in hell it was They Might Be Giants. The song was some epic 60's/70's classic rock anthem, sounded like Procol Harum or something.

Stage 7

• Rep: -6
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.

grains

• Rep: 10
« Reply #455 on: May 04, 2015, 09:00:39 AM »
Dan Lu did not skate to They Might Be Giants and Kyle Walker skated to "Out of the Blue" by Roxy Music not Iggy Pop

abudabi

« Reply #456 on: May 04, 2015, 09:26:44 AM »
Dan Lu did not skate to They Might Be Giants and Kyle Walker skated to "Out of the Blue" by Roxy Music not Iggy Pop
!!!

artsy

• Rep: 14
« Reply #457 on: May 04, 2015, 10:14:26 AM »
anybody know when this is gonna be available to buy on iTunes? like midnight tonight or is there a set time stuff releases during the day tomorrow?

Dr Steve Brule

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
« Reply #458 on: May 04, 2015, 10:31:11 AM »
anybody know when this is gonna be available to buy on iTunes? like midnight tonight or is there a set time stuff releases during the day tomorrow?
Wondering that too. I pre-ordered mine off itunes. Still waiting for it to download/release
For Your Health

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #459 on: May 04, 2015, 12:02:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Wondering that too. I pre-ordered mine off itunes. Still waiting for it to download/release

Im sure it will be midnight, thats what happened when i got pretty sweet and the deathwish video.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #460 on: May 04, 2015, 12:05:53 PM »
If that's the case, people in Australia should already be able to download it.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #461 on: May 04, 2015, 12:11:43 PM »
Not enough people are talking about Pedro Barros

saw the film on sat. what everyone has been saying.  every part was really good (curren does nothing for me but if you like him you will prob like his part) but Pedro Barros is what blew me away the most. he had this one line that was just absurd. look forward to this part.
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

SHARPSHOOTER

« Reply #462 on: May 04, 2015, 12:34:38 PM »
Going to the premiere tonight in Vancouver, boo yah

abudabi

« Reply #463 on: May 04, 2015, 12:35:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Im sure it will be midnight, thats what happened when i got pretty sweet and the deathwish video.
what time zone are you in Monkey?

MeanestCleanestPenis

• Rep: 40
« Reply #464 on: May 04, 2015, 02:00:25 PM »
Excited to see this but pretty bummed there is no word of the hard copy dvd being available. Would have definitely bought it. Now I just end up being one of those folk that harasses everyone for a pm

rlang

• Rep: 19
« Reply #465 on: May 04, 2015, 02:05:15 PM »
hard copies are going to be at shops eventually for free

Dengles

« Reply #466 on: May 04, 2015, 02:07:11 PM »
If that's the case, people in Australia should already be able to download it.
I'm currently in Australia for study abroad…no such luck

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #467 on: May 04, 2015, 02:19:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
what time zone are you in Monkey?

Pacific standard time so only 10 hours to go for me!  :)

MeanestCleanestPenis

« Reply #468 on: May 04, 2015, 02:21:58 PM »

Sweet! I'd like to see it tomorrow but my itunes is all fucked up. I registered to the Japanese itunes now it doesn't work in the UK. Not even the guy at the apple store could sort it.

Greg Hunt was moaning about the culture of piracy/impatience but they are not even giving people the option to pay money for a hard copy. Just make an appropriate amount and sell for about a tenner, arrange for the dvds to hit at a similar time to the itunes release. You'll not sell as many as 2004 but you'll do okay. I'll always happily pay for a decent release. I had pretty sweet pre-ordered and was stoked when it came.

So anyway.........I'm really needing a Prostate Massage

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #469 on: May 04, 2015, 02:39:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Sweet! I'd like to see it tomorrow but my itunes is all fucked up. I registered to the Japanese itunes now it doesn't work in the UK. Not even the guy at the apple store could sort it.

Greg Hunt was moaning about the culture of piracy/impatience but they are not even giving people the option to pay money for a hard copy. Just make an appropriate amount and sell for about a tenner, arrange for the dvds to hit at a similar time to the itunes release. You'll not sell as many as 2004 but you'll do okay. I'll always happily pay for a decent release. I had pretty sweet pre-ordered and was stoked when it came.

So anyway.........I'm really needing a Prostate Massage

It is possible to reset your location on iTunes somehow. I know, because I just switched from Japan to Hong Kong. Might need to change your user id. Sorry, I can't be much more help but a guy in the shop did it for me...
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

MeanestCleanestPenis

« Reply #470 on: May 04, 2015, 02:45:25 PM »
Yeah, I figured there must be a way to do it. Odd that the guy at apple couldn't sort it. I'm planning on getting a new laptop in the next few months so I'll just set-up a new one then.

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #471 on: May 04, 2015, 03:13:08 PM »
Wait so there's really not going to be any physical copies of this available? What about the alleged book with interviews and photos from the making of the video?

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #472 on: May 04, 2015, 03:53:15 PM »
according to Vans on instagram, physcial copies are gonna be available in early June and come with the purchase of one of their Vans pro shoes. which is some bullshit, I'm not trying to spend $60+ just to get a hardcopy.

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #473 on: May 04, 2015, 04:12:29 PM »
according to Vans on instagram, physcial copies are gonna be available in early June and come with the purchase of one of their Vans pro shoes. which is some bullshit, I'm not trying to spend $60+ just to get a hardcopy.

but if you spend $60 on the hardcopy, in theory you're getting a pair of pro shoes for FREE!!!
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #474 on: May 04, 2015, 04:22:37 PM »

Do you not like Vans? i think that's cool that you technically get the vid for free after buying one of their shoes, its not like their shoes are shit. Id probably end up getting those TNT SG.

Binomial Nomenclature

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #475 on: May 04, 2015, 04:35:51 PM »
Daniel Lutheran skates to The Way We Used To Beg performed by Joel Alme.  It's a hot track.

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #476 on: May 04, 2015, 04:44:43 PM »
Daniel Lutheran skates to The Way We Used To Beg performed by Joel Alme.  It's a hot track.

wow that is very, very good.  sounds like loud reed with phil spector or something.

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #477 on: May 04, 2015, 05:34:32 PM »
damn, that's really stupid but thanks for answering my question. maybe i can find a way to get a copy out of the shop guys without buying a pair of shoes, since they're technically free

rideflannel

« Reply #478 on: May 04, 2015, 05:41:37 PM »
^yah and then someone who actually buys a pair of pros maybe shorted. Hopefully most shop employees realize the value of gwps and say's naw naw you'll need to buy a pair. 60 bucks for some kicks and a copy of a legit full length is a steal.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #479 on: May 04, 2015, 05:59:36 PM »
It's up.

Pretty good marketing. Probably not so easy to rip off I-tunes and lots of people will be prepared to shell out for some Vans if they really want a hard copy. Hard copies are delayed which will boost I-tunes sales and reduce people ripping it.

Probably just download it today if no-one can rip it...
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE