Author Topic: Vans video.  (Read 150418 times)

rideflannel

Re: Vans video.
« Reply #420 on: April 29, 2015, 05:48:14 PM »
^Man, Josephine was on heavy repeat today. Whip poor Will would be super sick.

Burt Ward

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
« Reply #421 on: April 29, 2015, 09:12:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
what Magnolia Electric Co. song did gilbert skate too?
[close]
My guess would be Josephine or at least I hope so
[close]
This, although anything from that album would be dope. Let the bets begin! I bet Tracer's allowance money that Gilbert skates to Whip-poor-will

OMG yes!
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

tony volume

• Rep: -13
« Reply #422 on: April 30, 2015, 04:52:38 AM »
Is the SF premier invite only? The website sucks and they link to each other...nowhere to buy the ticket online.

http://www.victoriatheatre.org/index.php/box-office/vans-presents-propeller
I'm showing up anyway, it might be free! I've never paid for a video premier. Last time I went to a premier at that location was the mindfield premier. It was free.

Tabletop

• Rep: -74
« Reply #423 on: April 30, 2015, 02:08:21 PM »
Just saw it -a1
In no particular order, well kind of.
AVE
Gilbert
Elijah
Pfanner
TNT
Rowley
AA
Filming and Editting was incredibly good.
Music seemed to go very well.
Very strong video.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65505
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #424 on: April 30, 2015, 03:55:53 PM »
Hong Kong premiere was fucking great.

Smallish venue. Free beer, food and T-shirts.

100 or so skaters.

The way a premiere should be done!

The video was amazing. Felt like it really delivered.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #425 on: April 30, 2015, 04:58:23 PM »
stoked to hear mostly positive reviews without way too much information but also pretty bummed to hear that the last trick in the video was a cover like 2 months ago. why do they do that?

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
« Reply #426 on: April 30, 2015, 06:43:27 PM »
what Magnolia Electric Co. song did gilbert skate too?

The Handing Down

Willy Santos cut my hair

• Rep: 390
« Reply #427 on: April 30, 2015, 06:50:20 PM »
Rowan Zorilla was really really good, and Daniel Lutheran did my favourite trick of the vid: 360 flip some steps to sneaky grind mid-ride out

I_Respect_Wood

• Rep: 8
    • HH avatar image
« Reply #428 on: April 30, 2015, 07:06:32 PM »
Saw it yesterday in Argentina.... Great work of Greg Hunt and his crew, like classics videos, no fillers, drones cranes and that stuff... only those 16mm shots perfectly added... Loved the intro, like they did those jumps and between every generations... from Tony Alva to now... Very surprised with Ray Barbee´s trick, though he will be only playing his guitar, but love his clips.. and that Cardiel 5-0! Amazing... Music was pretty on point... Was really surprised by TNT and Rowley parts... if they had just a couple of tricks in the vid it will be ok, but they had a part and were good. Chima good opening, great tricks and jumping big stuff, Rowan literally killed, Pedro Barros do cray stuff and had a long line in a skatepark, but is a ridiculously long line... love the couple of trick of hassan in the mix. Pfanner skated good tho, dan lu did crazy stuff  after grinding rails... love it... A bit bummed about almost every last trick has seen in photos already and the amount of tricks rowley did in that dicth.... For Vans they did a good job in the premiere here, a big movie theatre, red carpet, the had tons of photos to see in the entrance, they gave pop corn and beers to VIP guest. but it was free to everyone, the gave stickers and posters at the end.. they killed on that.
If I wasnt me, I never hang out with me...

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/new-york-supreme-ben-kadow-qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T">via GIPHY</a></p>

abudabi

« Reply #429 on: April 30, 2015, 07:19:59 PM »
stoked to hear the filler shots are kept to a minimum.

cookieboy

• Rep: 10
« Reply #430 on: April 30, 2015, 07:52:51 PM »
Any news on the sf premiere? I'd like to make the trip to check it out if I can for sure get in.

Brown Thunder

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -66
« Reply #431 on: May 01, 2015, 02:53:00 AM »
Went to the London premiere last night and as soon as currans part came on i and lots of people went to the toilet. Dan Lu was in there and asked "what we thought so far" and said ''i've noticed people seem to go to the bathroom during this part" and someone said "why is this your part" (just jokes obviously)

Video was great but this was my favourite part...... and Rowan killed it

doublesteveburger

« Reply #432 on: May 01, 2015, 11:46:39 AM »
Went to the premiere last night. The video definitely delivered. Greg Hunt knows how to put together a solid skate video. The shots, angles, editing and overall feel of the video was done so well. Favorite parts were definitely Dan Lu's and Rowan's. The intro was perfect, too. I also got a kick out of hearing random laughter and 'yeah!' when AVE's feeble and Dill's curved 5050 popped up... I see you, pals. I hear you.

:-*

JAesop

« Reply #433 on: May 01, 2015, 11:56:02 AM »
So...reading between the lines on all the reviews, it sounds like a solid vid but nothing incredible. Kind of like their shoes.  ::)

matter of fact

• Rep: 42
« Reply #434 on: May 01, 2015, 02:26:23 PM »
did Daniel Lutheran get that fakie 540 down the nine stair that goes right into a wall at the beach? pretty sure i saw him trying it on the toy machine website or something at one point

abudabi

« Reply #435 on: May 01, 2015, 02:59:48 PM »
Went to the London premiere last night and as soon as currans part came on i and lots of people went to the toilet. Dan Lu was in there and asked "what we thought so far" and said ''i've noticed people seem to go to the bathroom during this part" and someone said "why is this your part" (just jokes obviously)
ha!

franquietits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 62
« Reply #436 on: May 01, 2015, 10:13:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
ha!

I Wouldn't attempt this at any venue for any type of show. I got stuck in a bathroom stall once during a show I walked out on during the middle of it (lock wouldn't come out). Shit sucked, I panicked. :-[. Better to be safe then sorry.

yeahisaidit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #437 on: May 01, 2015, 10:45:01 PM »
Saw the video tonight. For such a diverse group of people, Greg hunt made it extremely cohesive, and i enjoyed it start to finish.

Having said that, i know what ill rewatch.

5. I actually really enjoyed the "legends" section and was surprised by that. Ray barbee did the sickest trick off a bump in LA, the one vincent alvarez fakie 540s.
4. Rowan zorilla- good style and creative
3. Andrew allen had more footage than this thread lead me to believe. Its about 2/3 of a part, and I enjoyed it all.
2. Gilbert Crockett does an unbelievable single at LA High on a high bank.
1. AVE - the way he skates is incredible. Its as if youre more afraid for the obstacle than for him.

Clayton

• Rep: 78
    • Spot Hunter avatar image
« Reply #438 on: May 02, 2015, 12:14:44 AM »

Did this footage come out in something else? TNT's part was probably my favorite in the video but I didn't remember seeing this.

Tabletop

• Rep: -74
« Reply #439 on: May 02, 2015, 01:56:40 AM »
So...reading between the lines on all the reviews, it sounds like a solid vid but nothing incredible. Kind of like their shoes.  ::)

Fail.

ClubBizarre

• Rep: 6
« Reply #440 on: May 02, 2015, 01:59:53 AM »
 :)

MeanestCleanestPenis

• Rep: 40
« Reply #441 on: May 02, 2015, 03:22:40 AM »
Don't know if it has been mentioned/asked before but is their any confirmation on a dvd release yet?

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65505
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #442 on: May 02, 2015, 05:43:41 AM »
Have to say it went:

Jedi
TNT
Crocket

For me.

Thought TNT should have had the last part really.

Mainly because he had the best 80's style metal band haircut at some point.

Seriously, that haircut alone made him SOTY in my book.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #443 on: May 02, 2015, 08:25:31 AM »
Who got SOTY?

Brown Thunder

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -66
« Reply #444 on: May 02, 2015, 09:16:58 AM »

scorpion1001

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • All Hail Carroll
« Reply #445 on: May 02, 2015, 05:42:45 PM »
fuck i hope j-lay's part is a bonus or something on the DVD aside from the web

alexhondo54

• Rep: -5
« Reply #446 on: May 03, 2015, 11:34:32 AM »
Just watched this last night at the Chicago Premiere. Was really well put together. The filming was completely on point, no gimmicky bullshit, just hd clips filmed exceptionally well with the film shots to accent everything.

I remember Dan Lu's song going extremely well with his part. Does anyone know what he skated to? According to skatevideosite, it says "they must be giants - red shadow' but after a quick google, i could not find that song.

Also, this may have been talked about earlier in the thread, or possibly not, but im not going to read all of the pages to find out. At the premiere, Dan Lu's part finishes without that gap to 50 thrasher cover clip in his part, and goes to gilbert crocketts part next. In the middle of his part, the clip of that 50 by Dan Lu was randomly placed inside. Anyone know why that would be? Just seemed kinda out of place to me.

pez

• Rep: 6
« Reply #447 on: May 03, 2015, 11:47:51 AM »
^ I think a couple people mentioned that earlier, I thought it seemed odd, but I'm still waiting to see the video so we'll see. 

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #448 on: May 03, 2015, 12:57:18 PM »
Just watched this last night at the Chicago Premiere. Was really well put together. The filming was completely on point, no gimmicky bullshit, just hd clips filmed exceptionally well with the film shots to accent everything.

I remember Dan Lu's song going extremely well with his part. Does anyone know what he skated to? According to skatevideosite, it says "they must be giants - red shadow' but after a quick google, i could not find that song.

Also, this may have been talked about earlier in the thread, or possibly not, but im not going to read all of the pages to find out. At the premiere, Dan Lu's part finishes without that gap to 50 thrasher cover clip in his part, and goes to gilbert crocketts part next. In the middle of his part, the clip of that 50 by Dan Lu was randomly placed inside. Anyone know why that would be? Just seemed kinda out of place to me.
This? They Might Be Giants - The Shadow Government
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #449 on: May 03, 2015, 01:27:15 PM »
The only clip ive been able to stumble upon so far.... Dollin!! These last 2 days cant come fast enough.

https://instagram.com/p/2MOylBBVFf/?taken-by=javierpinto20