Author Topic: Grant Taylor Shoe  (Read 2190 times)

ben3350

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -156
Grant Taylor Shoe
« on: November 24, 2014, 09:59:53 PM »
Went to stratosphere in Atlanta today and picked up a pair of the new Grant Taylor shoe. Funny thing is that Thomas Taylor was working the cashier and checked me out. He said he hadn't skated the shoe yet since his ankle is fucked up.

They are comfy as fuck and look good. I'm gonna break them in tomorrow. I've never skated a blazer low before but I've heard good things.

As much of a fan I am of Grant's skating, I wasn't expecting him to get the newest pro model from Nike. I might have expected Sean Malto or Shane O'neill first. Good for Nike.

tony volume

• Rep: -13
Re: Grant Taylor Shoe
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 02:06:04 AM »
I skated town park last week, and one of the guys from 510 was skating the shoe, he said it was more like a slimmed down bruin.

it looks pretty good. I might scoop up a pair, but I gotta try on a pair first.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 02:42:00 AM »

As much of a fan I am of Grant's skating, I wasn't expecting him to get the newest pro model from Nike. I might have expected Sean Malto or Shane O'neill first. Good for Nike.

Yeah, I bet he even got to choose the font on that GT patch!! Well, probably not since its the standard nike font. At least he got to pick a color... Maybe.

Give Grant a real fucking shoe.

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 728
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 02:54:44 PM »
Got mine today in black suede. they fit perfectly, true to size. nice synthetic neonprene on the inside, sturdy heel,plus the extra-wide centering straps. broken-in feel right out of the box. only concern: toe feels pretty thin, but the ollie area's looking decent. super fucking light. good for sockless skating. saving them for spring time. I need that light at the end of the "canadian winter" tunnel.

crackrazor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 03:02:40 PM »
That price tag though...$110 in canada

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1071
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2014, 05:35:26 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah, I bet he even got to choose the font on that GT patch!! Well, probably not since its the standard nike font. At least he got to pick a color... Maybe.

Give Grant a real fucking shoe.

I feel like Nike probably asked him if he wanted a shoe and he said fuck it, I like the blazers. He's definitely earned his own shoe. I feel like GT, is the type that doesn't care that much to design a shoe, but wont slap his name on a random shoe design for a larger check.

I can see Ishod or Kennedy being the next nike dude to get an original pro model. If malto hadn't been injured, he'd probably have one

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2014, 08:05:37 PM »
Saw these at a Nike Sb store yesterday. I can't really see the point in having a pro shoe that is just a low budget version of an old shoe. Just seems like a colourway.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

Dengles

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2015, 07:18:48 PM »
Picked up a pair today at the shop in B'more, skated a my local curbs just slappys and general fun tricks they were good shoes.  It's the first pair of not TNT Vs or Crockets that I have skated in over three years, cause my buddy worked at the Vans store and I got a discount.  I got them because GT is my God, I am a slave to his skating, also I needed a pair of shoes that were more durable than vans cause I'm about to study abroad in Australia and I want a pair of shoes that will last the whole semester because everything skate related is fuck all expensive there.