Author Topic: chronic swellbow  (Read 4533 times)

sports

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 21
chronic swellbow
« on: January 04, 2015, 03:30:50 PM »
I couple months ago I slammed and got a swellbow. I hadn't really gotten one before, and it was about the size of a clementine. Anyways, the swelling went away by the end of the day and I kind of forgot about it. Now, whenever I fall on my side (no matter how lightly I fall) that shit instantly swells back up and hurts like a bitch. It will go back down within a few hours but I know that shouldn't be happening since before it would never really swell up, it'd just bruise.

My question is: Any fellow slappers have this problem? And if so how'd ya fix it?

I'm guessing I should just go to the doctor and get my elbow drained of fluid, which seems like its gonna suck.

BraveUlysses

Re: chronic swellbow
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 04:05:54 PM »
Man I got the same exact issue. I really hate when my elbow starts to look normal again and I slam once and it's back to square one. Sometimes I just wanna wear a short sleeve shirt but my swellbow will look so brutal that I cover it up with a light jacket or something.

Hannity

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 04:14:22 PM »
i had this issue a few years ago. i drained my own elbow in the sink with a sterilized needle. probably one of the grossest things i've had to do to myself, and likely not the best course of action, but it worked out. the only real solution with bursitis (same cause of hippers) is to just give it time. like try to go at least 6 months without hitting it or disturbing it. bail carefully, my friend...maybe try to find one of those batting sleeves you can put on your elbow that baseball players wear.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 04:16:08 PM by Hannity »

QUIT SINNIN

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
  • PATSY
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 11:12:06 PM »
I've had chronic swellbow since I was 12. There are now pretty decent sized permanent bumps on my elbows. I get them constantly, but they never hurt beyond the initial slam. I've had 'em the size of an egg, maybe larger, but no pain.

Weird thing is I just got one, the slam hurt as bad as I can remember, it swelled up, but it was totally gone the next day. Usually they last about a week or so. And this one bruised and still hurts.

Weird.

Never gone to the doctor or anything.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 11:32:08 PM »
I reccomend icing it and taking some ibuprofen, and maybe consider wrapping it up with something. best of luck.

Kolostrum

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2015, 12:01:19 PM »
Ditto to everything that's been said. I eventually had to go to a physical therapist who attached electrodes to my arm to break apart nodules that had formed due to calcification of the synovial fluid.

My problem was that I was using my elbow to break my falls. Once I learned how to fall properly I never experienced the problem again.

sports

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2015, 04:08:47 PM »
thanks duders. went to the doc and they told me just to stay off it and take anti inflammatory meds if it swells. don't know if thats a long term fix but oh well.
Once I learned how to fall properly I never experienced the problem again.
I still need to learn this. I've been skating for 12 years plus and still fall like a fucking idiot. I either slam straight to my elbow and hip, or take it all to the wrists. in the mean time I found a soft elbow pad sleeve thing that I think is supposed to be for baseball, but hopefully it keeps me from wrecking my shit for a little while.

Prince Nelson

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2015, 11:44:31 AM »
I have a permanent lump about half the size of an egg next to my elbow. If I fall, it swells up huge and bruises terribly. solution: don't fall on it.