Author Topic: Philly Skateboarding, paines park question.  (Read 2240 times)

Dengles

Philly Skateboarding, paines park question.
« on: January 11, 2015, 03:35:59 PM »
Does anyone here know if Paines Park will be skate-able by Friday the 16th, on account of all the snow?  I'm from Maryland but I'm tagging along to Philly cause my little sister is doing a college visit at U Penn, and I read that Paines is with in walking distance.  Also if any Slap Pals are down to skate for the day in Philly I'm with it. 

Random Matt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 8
Re: Philly Skateboarding, paines park question.
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 12:22:03 PM »
While driving by I've seen a few people skating there since we got the last snow.  Not sure if some parts are snow covered or not.

Penn and Drexel both have tons of spots you'll recognize, but in general you should keep moving rather than session a spot.

To get to Paines from Penn, take the Schuylkill River trail on the Center City side, following the trail north will take you right to the park.  If you enter from South Street bridge there's a fun ramp to skate down.

Dengles

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 06:37:05 AM »
While driving by I've seen a few people skating there since we got the last snow.  Not sure if some parts are snow covered or not.

Penn and Drexel both have tons of spots you'll recognize, but in general you should keep moving rather than session a spot.

To get to Paines from Penn, take the Schuylkill River trail on the Center City side, following the trail north will take you right to the park.  If you enter from South Street bridge there's a fun ramp to skate down.

Thank you man! Is that ramp in doors or out doors? And I'm planning to skate a bunch of spots on the way to Paines so I'm pretty stoked. 

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 07:20:06 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Thank you man! Is that ramp in doors or out doors? And I'm planning to skate a bunch of spots on the way to Paines so I'm pretty stoked. 

Paines is good now.  And the spots in the city should all be good, maybe some rocksalt/pedestians etc but that's about it.
there's also a little tranny park under the gray's ferry bridge if you follow the Schuykill south. Super fun but small.

Dengles

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 01:20:56 PM »

Paines is good now.  And the spots in the city should all be good, maybe some rocksalt/pedestians etc but that's about it.
there's also a little tranny park under the gray's ferry bridge if you follow the Schuykill south. Super fun but small.
[/quote]

Oh god stuff that actually sounds super rad, cause skating Tranny is my absolute favorite, but I'm not tryna go to FDR without a group of friends.  I'm gonna look for this park for sure.  Thanks for the Tip!

Tarela

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 11
  • We spent four seasons at the Four Seasons twice
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015, 09:12:43 PM »

Cant hear that name without giggling

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2015, 01:01:41 AM »
It's all about those ledges/banks at the bottom man! When I was there like no one was skating that shit. Uber nice spot. Enjoy if you get the chance!

Dengles

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2015, 07:58:01 PM »
It's all about those ledges/banks at the bottom man! When I was there like no one was skating that shit. Uber nice spot. Enjoy if you get the chance!

Those ledges were amazing and I'm normally a tranny guy, I have never had more fun doing hurricanes than on that long granite ledge, that runs sideways at the bottom of the slight slope.  Also I ran into probably five people I know from B'more there which was rad.