Author Topic: 1031 on vacation, Svitak skating for Vallely's new company  (Read 24312 times)

Badmeaningood

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 25
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: 1031 on vacation, Svitak skating for Vallely's new company
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2015, 06:57:35 AM »
I'm gonna be spening my evening with a nice glass of red and the poems of Mr Vallely.

Anyone remember when he punched O'Meally years ago for expressing the mildest of criticisms after one of his "spoken word" performances?

Seamus_McShamebag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2015, 08:17:24 AM »

The journal entries on streetplantbland.com are an inspiring glimpse into the mind one of todays greatest warrior poets.  Woe is V, don't cry for he New Jersey.

GeorgeM

• Rep: -12
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2015, 08:20:13 AM »
The press release on the Street Plant website about Svitak is fucking hilarious. Who does he think his market is, or what kind of brand does he think he has that he needs such an official press release with industry jargon much less any type of formal press release at all?

"INFORMATION RELEASE 002

Contact Person: Mike Vallely

Re: KRISTIAN SVITAK
Street Plant Battalion / Ground Assault Division Skater

Kristian Svitak is the newest member of the Street Plant Battalion Skateboard Team, although he is no stranger to the sport itself. His name continues to be passed around the skateboard grapevine as being one of the most dedicated skaters anywhere.

Mike Vallely, president of the Long Beach based Street Plant skateboard company says of the not-so-young skater, �Simply put, Kristian is one of the most passionate skaters around. He seems to have stayed true to his own personal style of skating and maintained his own personal approach. He is simply one of my all-time favorite skateboarders!�

Vallely recently returned from San Diego where he had dinner with Svitak and agreed to put him on the team. Emily Vallely, vice-president of Street Plant says, �Kristian is like my big brother. I remember touring through France and Switzerland with him in 2000 and us getting car sick together.�

The Street Plant skateboard company will be releasing a new signature model Svitak skateboard, resplendent with his busted-ass-grill staring into the future of skateboarding. With T-shirts and stickers and skateboards all helping to spread Svitak�s name through the land, it would seem that he is about to become a household word."

Off 1031 and on Street Plant and soon he will become a household word? The wording of that doesn't even make sense.

It's crazy that Vallely probably actually believes all his own bullshit. "This brand is gonna be different this time. This is what I've always wanted. Everything else was just a detour on the road to getting me to this point."

Who does Vallely think he is?  Vito Genovese?  "I need to have a sit down with Svitak.  He will join Street Plant.  He will not take a bite of his Cold Cut Combo until he kisses the ring." 

Vallely has an Eagle eye for a business opportunity.  He thought 2013 was a good time to take the reigns of Black Flag.  Clearly his timing is spot on.  Anyone who invests in anything he is hocking will end up disappointed.
Tony, do that ollie, you know the one at Del Mar...Ssssiiiiiiccccck. - T. Guerrero, The Search for Animal Chin.

Fastfreddy

« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2015, 08:32:53 AM »
The one thing that i've noticed about Vallely is that he's always trying to 'cash in' on whats hot. I dont know the guy and this isn't a personal attack, but im the consumer here.

Theres a huge difference between having 'a lot of interests' and just straight up trading lives.

This dude sees that people respect his 'influence' in skating more than his current skateboarding (there has even been mention of it in this thread) so he's obviously using that as his marketing ploy..the sad thing is, this is his best idea to date.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2015, 10:12:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
What happend to elephant?
[close]

The original distributor sold it to Brad Dorfman's Select distribution. They use their own woodshop (no more PS Stix).

I'm not sure how much Mike V owns of Elephant. Typically, the skater shops an idea around to an established distributor and is employed as brand manager/creative director or licenses the name and also takes on a managerial role. I'd probably bail too if I was forced into that situation.
[close]

But Select is considerably more legit than the bs distributor they used before. Seems like they would have more freedom and be around more skate brands vs longboarders.

Also, hasn't Mike V had enough experience getting "screwed" out of companies that he supposedly owns or is doing "without a middleman" to know how to protect himself so that shit doesn't happen?

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3290
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2015, 10:24:09 AM »
The one thing that i've noticed about Vallely is that he's always trying to 'cash in' on whats hot. I dont know the guy and this isn't a personal attack, but im the consumer here.

Theres a huge difference between having 'a lot of interests' and just straight up trading lives.

This dude sees that people respect his 'influence' in skating more than his current skateboarding (there has even been mention of it in this thread) so he's obviously using that as his marketing ploy..the sad thing is, this is his best idea to date.

Because of this, I'd fucking love it if he tried some Bianca Chandon thing and called it Fag Bash and then didn't understand why everybody was bummed on the idea.

"Hey I meant 'bash' like 'party', guys!"

Dustin Stoner

• Rep: 3
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2015, 11:52:41 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Because of this, I'd fucking love it if he tried some Bianca Chandon thing and called it Fag Bash and then didn't understand why everybody was bummed on the idea.

Or "It's not hate speech.  It's a London cigarette party you need to call a random phone number for directions to."

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2015, 01:21:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Or "It's not hate speech.  It's a London cigarette party you need to call a random phone number for directions to."

Genius.

Lion of Judah

• Rep: -3
« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2015, 01:26:01 PM »
What's the word with Kyle Berard? That guy rips way too hard to not have his name on a board and a check in his pocket.

ALZ

• Rep: 1
« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2015, 01:35:56 PM »
What's the word with Kyle Berard? That guy rips way too hard to not have his name on a board and a check in his pocket.

Elephant is still alive...new instagram here http://instagram.com/elephantbrandskateboard/

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2015, 02:14:49 PM »

The journal entries on streetplantbland.com are an inspiring glimpse into the mind one of todays greatest warrior poets.  Woe is V, don't cry for he New Jersey.

How many times do ya think he's read "Get in he Van"?
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

Violator

• Rep: 73
« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2015, 02:19:56 PM »

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2202
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #72 on: January 14, 2015, 02:40:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Everything else was just a detour on the road to getting me to this point."
[close]

So what you are saying is, his seminal release "Drive" was not just a solo tour video, but rather a metaphor for creating the ultimate brand.

Exploring this further, the streetplant was not just a trick he popularized in the 80s, but rather his attempt at forshadowing the process of creating the ultimate brand, TV Transit Vallely By The Sword Elephant, fuck, I mean Street Plant!

Everything Mike V does is a metaphor. He's a poet.

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #73 on: January 14, 2015, 03:32:30 PM »
anyone wanna collaborate on some fan fiction involving mike v and his daughter? 'oh [emily?] you look so much like your mother at your age. i stole her from jason lee and i'm gonna steal you from that college egghead you're dating.'
'daddy, you're so alpha!'
scene 2
daughter is dancing to peaches while mike v, unnoticed stands in the corner, bemused
'oh daddy, i didn't see you there'
'fuck the pain away, i like that message, sugar plum. can i have this dance?'

working title
'incest is the elephant in da room on powell st, as seen on television, whilst drinking black label and feeling out of my element'

i read this imagining i was wearing a mike v mask and saying this to Emily!!

this should be an Emily appreciation thread! shes a  foxxxx

fang

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #74 on: January 14, 2015, 03:36:18 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Thousands. This guy has wanted to become Rollins for 30 years. Kinda gay!
And let's face it he has.

1) Once very relevant/inspirational in a "subculture" (like rollins)
2) Acts superior/intellectually/physically/etc (like Rollins)
3) Random tattoos that he said "i look at them as scars" (direct ripoff line that rollins has said)
4) Started other ventures as career is starting to wind down (rollins to acting/UN b.s. , vallely to wrestling, hockey)
5) "Spoken word" about deep stuff (like rollins)
6) complete douchebag now (like roolins)
7) black flag

:-o

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 217
« Reply #75 on: January 14, 2015, 05:29:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
What happend to elephant?
[close]

The original distributor sold it to Brad Dorfman's Select distribution. They use their own woodshop (no more PS Stix).

I'm not sure how much Mike V owns of Elephant. Typically, the skater shops an idea around to an established distributor and is employed as brand manager/creative director or licenses the name and also takes on a managerial role. I'd probably bail too if I was forced into that situation.
[close]

But Select is considerably more legit than the bs distributor they used before. Seems like they would have more freedom and be around more skate brands vs longboarders.

I wouldn't go that far. They both seem shitty, not to mention that Select still sells a signature re-issue board of a convicted rapist/murderer and justifies it by omitting his full name (but still using his moniker). The other distributor is run by Joey Pulsifer.

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
« Reply #76 on: January 14, 2015, 05:32:07 PM »
Expand Quote
anyone wanna collaborate on some fan fiction involving mike v and his daughter? 'oh [emily?] you look so much like your mother at your age. i stole her from jason lee and i'm gonna steal you from that college egghead you're dating.'
'daddy, you're so alpha!'
scene 2
daughter is dancing to peaches while mike v, unnoticed stands in the corner, bemused
'oh daddy, i didn't see you there'
'fuck the pain away, i like that message, sugar plum. can i have this dance?'

working title
'incest is the elephant in da room on powell st, as seen on television, whilst drinking black label and feeling out of my element'
[close]

i read this imagining i was wearing a mike v mask and saying this to Emily!!

haha.  I heard she was cute. 

wheee!

frontsideindy

• Rep: -122
« Reply #77 on: January 15, 2015, 06:22:08 AM »
[/quote]

you are right Emily is really a darling.

but we shoud not forget the second Vallely daugter, Emily she become a crazy free dancer..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqV9fOGuyJc

like black swan..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkSOqyXLl-M

and makeup artist.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8n8RlQqh1Y

but gentleman if you become interested, allready on the way to long beach, dont forget you need to handle the father in low, and
will listen to poems for christmas and thankgiving for the rest of you life, forever and eternity.

ogcoors

• Rep: -69
« Reply #78 on: January 15, 2015, 06:40:56 AM »
I am completely blown away by this. I have had real bad vibes from Vallely since he did the DIY brand and bad-mouthed corporations in skateboarding, then almost immediately had a board on Powell. He seriously jumps off of companies way too much.

Also, the whole Rollins, [I am the incinerator, I burn desire, and enjoy pain and challenge] bullshit is all a gimmick it seems with Vallely. I do respect Rollins a lot because, he is more of a pioneer in a sense; while Vallely seriously is just the weaker, uninformed Rollins of skateboarding.

It is a shame because if he would just quit preaching and skate he would be a favorite to me for sure. I just can't support someone who is fly by night and basically lying to children to buy fake boobs or something he doesn't need.

C

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1474
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #79 on: January 15, 2015, 07:22:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

The journal entries on streetplantbland.com are an inspiring glimpse into the mind one of todays greatest warrior poets.�  Woe is V, don't cry for he New Jersey.

[close]

[close]

Thousands. This guy has wanted to become Rollins for 30 years. Kinda gay!
And let's face it he has.

1) Once very relevant/inspirational in a "subculture" (like rollins)
2) Acts superior/intellectually/physically/etc (like Rollins)
3) Random tattoos that he said "i look at them as scars" (direct ripoff line that rollins has said)
4) Started other ventures as career is starting to wind down (rollins to acting/UN b.s. , vallely to wrestling, hockey)
5) "Spoken word" about deep stuff (like rollins)
6) complete douchebag now (like roolins)
7) black flag

:-o
You forgot about "acting" in movies.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #80 on: January 15, 2015, 07:39:54 AM »
It is a shame because if he would just quit preaching and skate he would be a favorite to me for sure.

this! shut the fuck up and (just) skate vallely; you're amazing when you do that

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Stewie

• Rep: -2
« Reply #81 on: January 15, 2015, 10:40:31 AM »
svitak real estate runs deep. 

adams to black label.   

suck one.

fang

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #82 on: January 15, 2015, 10:45:21 AM »
Expand Quote
It is a shame because if he would just quit preaching and skate he would be a favorite to me for sure.
[close]

this! shut the fuck up and (just) skate vallely; you're amazing when you do that

This.

I'll watch him skate all day. I don't need to hear him tell his not-that-interesting life story in multiple dvds and acting like touring to skate is hardcore (you know he read get in the van too many times just by this activity!).

Another thing, how many companies has he started now? this has got to be a record

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #83 on: January 15, 2015, 11:06:00 AM »
Vallely's mistake is thinking Vallely is as interesting to everyone else as Vallely thinks Vallely is.

Heather Chandler

« Reply #84 on: January 15, 2015, 12:05:10 PM »
I am completely blown away by this. I have had real bad vibes from Vallely since he did the DIY brand and bad-mouthed corporations in skateboarding, then almost immediately had a board on Powell. He seriously jumps off of companies way too much.

Also, the whole Rollins, [I am the incinerator, I burn desire, and enjoy pain and challenge] bullshit is all a gimmick it seems with Vallely. I do respect Rollins a lot because, he is more of a pioneer in a sense; while Vallely seriously is just the weaker, uninformed Rollins of skateboarding.

It is a shame because if he would just quit preaching and skate he would be a favorite to me for sure. I just can't support someone who is fly by night and basically lying to children to buy fake boobs or something he doesn't need.

C

I'm intrigued by this statement.  Fake boobs that Vallely doesn't need, or fake boobs that the child doesn't need? 

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
« Reply #85 on: January 15, 2015, 08:52:48 PM »
svitak real estate runs deep. 

adams to black label.   

suck one.

Adams has been on Black Label twice already.

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #86 on: January 15, 2015, 08:58:57 PM »
Elephant was actually kinda ok.  the whole team filled with people that are all sorta weird was cool. 

but how the fuck could you be a rider for Elephant skateboards without Mike V?  That's so bizarre, why would you even want to at that point. 

also fuck Mike V for upselling those Black Flag boards on his personal ebay page... that's for guys like me to do.

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #87 on: January 15, 2015, 09:19:50 PM »
Someone tell Russ Pope to put Jason Adams on Transportation Unit, seems like a great fit.
Jason rode for Creature and Scarecrow with Russ, TU is mostly art based with cool shapes and they share A love of Curbs.
Riding for A brand started by someone else who bailed out is just a bummer and doing it for a check.

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #88 on: January 16, 2015, 09:26:58 AM »
Someone tell Russ Pope to put Jason Adams on Transportation Unit, seems like a great fit.
Jason rode for Creature and Scarecrow with Russ, TU is mostly art based with cool shapes and they share A love of Curbs.

Riding for A brand started by someone else who bailed out is just a bummer and doing it for a check.

this.
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

ogcoors

• Rep: -69
« Reply #89 on: January 22, 2015, 07:14:27 AM »
Expand Quote

C
[close]

I'm intrigued by this statement.  Fake boobs that Vallely doesn't need, or fake boobs that the child doesn't need? 

[She puts the lotion in the basket] comes to mind. When it comes down to it, Vallely has a particular lifestyle and has to be skateboarder, so he doesn't whatever he can to pay for it and there we have it, By 'elephant The powell Sword street DIY plant transit'. . . i guarantee everyone that starts skating in the near future will send pics of their new street plant board to vallely so he can post it on his hardcore website, that has links to Black Flag. (Ginn got arrested for molesting his daughters, so we might not see a tour for a while).