Author Topic: shoes you would maim/ kill/ pay a small fortune for  (Read 115164 times)

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
Re: shoes you would maim/ kill/ pay a small fortune for
« Reply #120 on: January 27, 2015, 06:26:36 PM »
How on earth can this shit be going on fifth page without a mention of SLB 23?
*typo fixed.

well the SLB did get mentioned on page two
to be honest they had a re-release of the 23 a few years back so it's not like they are super hard to get a hold of. classic shoe for sure (had them in maroon/ black) but it just doesn't seem that rare when compared to something like kareem's shoe on duffs or a pair of mariano axions. idk ???

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #121 on: January 27, 2015, 09:14:41 PM »

templeton 2

bastien salabanzi

tnt

accel plus

Flashback to an era when Vans made skate shoes. Was this pre-Vanity Fair buy out?

"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

Stanley Spadowski

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 313
  • Can I still be the janitor?
« Reply #122 on: January 27, 2015, 09:33:46 PM »
Van Wastell got me stoked on these.
Had this pair and loved them.
"These floors are dirty as hell, and I'm not gonna take it any more!"

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 817
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #123 on: January 28, 2015, 12:19:32 AM »
Van Wastell got me stoked on these.
Had this pair and loved them.

had the same pair as well as the brown and orange ones, Loved mine as well

dinosaur

• Rep: 7
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #124 on: January 28, 2015, 04:48:51 AM »
Expand Quote
And thanks for reminding me about the Keenan's, those I would maim/kill/pay a small fortune for.
[close]

it's actually hard to find any decent pics of them (the pic you posted was the only one i could find too). remember the colourway with the clear soles? :o

i-paths have now been posted now, all is right with the universe (i can actually get some reeds but i don't think they are as memorable as the cats/ grasshoppers)

While on the topic of ipath

Bought a pair of these after seeing danny renaud rock em hard in mosaic. Looked cool but skates like shit. Gave em to a friend.

Always wanted a pair of travelers. They remind me a bit of reebok workouts.

breathnaigh

• Rep: 5
« Reply #125 on: January 28, 2015, 05:12:52 AM »
Ah yeah the Staple was sick. I had at least 2 pairs of the black/gum. Lakers colorway would have been dope.

I've always wanted the OG Takashi Dunk SBs. Black and gold. Fuckin clean. Probably never get them, oh well.

DC Rick Howard Is for sure.

+1

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #126 on: January 28, 2015, 06:50:37 AM »
If i could ever find a pair of No Skools again i'd be so happy

YES!! they did so many rad colorways of them. i had at least 10 pairs.. Id love another

daditude adjustment

• Rep: 21
« Reply #127 on: January 28, 2015, 07:08:29 AM »

I still check eBay for the blue and navy ones all the time. I wish es would redo these exactly the way they were.

Loose Trucks Saved My Life

• Rep: -1
« Reply #128 on: January 28, 2015, 08:55:36 AM »

I loved these shoes so much. They were durable and the colorway was so sick. Ordered them from SPoT for like $25 back in the day.

dillanharp

« Reply #129 on: January 28, 2015, 09:02:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
And thanks for reminding me about the Keenan's, those I would maim/kill/pay a small fortune for.
[close]

it's actually hard to find any decent pics of them (the pic you posted was the only one i could find too). remember the colourway with the clear soles? :o

i-paths have now been posted now, all is right with the universe (i can actually get some reeds but i don't think they are as memorable as the cats/ grasshoppers)
[close]

While on the topic of ipath

Bought a pair of these after seeing danny renaud rock em hard in mosaic. Looked cool but skates like shit. Gave em to a friend.

Always wanted a pair of travelers. They remind me a bit of reebok workouts.
You didn't miss anything with the travelers. Thick sole, stiff leather. They were tanks for durabilty but felt like actual tanks on your feet.

Kirtap

• Rep: 15
« Reply #130 on: January 28, 2015, 09:18:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Call me mad (as i recall this shoe getting alot of hate before) but id love a pair of these again, they lasted forever and had mad flick because of the plasticky - spikey toe area, also i still think they look pretty G.

Nike zoom tre
http://solesirius.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/TreadBTTFDay3.jpg
[close]

I had these in the black/rasta colorway and are probably some of my favorite skate shoes of all time. All the "new" shoe tech features of today were in these things years ago. Never got to try the original tre's but i had a buddy who swore by them...then another one that swore by the exact same pair after getting em from my other friend. I did the same with my AD's, I skate goofy and gave them to another friend who's regular and they lasted us both forever. same exact pair of shoes that shit is crazy lol.
[close]

i missed the train on the first zoom tres but i had the ADs as well. i still think theyre one of the sickest looking shoes, but god damn they were uncomfortable. whatever that really sticky synthetic part they lined the inner heel with would cut my feet up so bad that i had to wear bandaids on my feet just to walk around in those things. i ended up giving them to my brother because i couldnt handle them. id probably still wear them today if they made that heel part different. i had this colorway.

http://4.kicksonfire.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/nike-sb-tre-ad-shock-orange-new-blue_1_1024x1024.jpg

I had this exact problem too. Great looking shoe, and aside from the flesh wounds around my ankles, they were really comfortable. I still have them around here somewhere... Maybe I should dig them out and try modifying them in some way to make them more wearable.

QUIT SINNIN

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
  • PATSY
« Reply #131 on: January 28, 2015, 11:51:53 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I still check eBay for the blue and navy ones all the time. I wish es would redo these exactly the way they were.

my fav shoe of all time. theres two size 10s on ebay right now, i need 10.5

daditude adjustment

• Rep: 21
« Reply #132 on: January 28, 2015, 03:47:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

my fav shoe of all time. theres two size 10s on ebay right now, i need 10.5

I saw those! But I need a 13. I had a pair in 12s and they actually stretched out pretty well. I'd grab the 10s if I were you dude.

BMCsteve

« Reply #133 on: January 28, 2015, 03:56:47 PM »
Black or white leather KCK

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3317
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #134 on: January 28, 2015, 04:06:00 PM »
All emericas for me!   ;D

These Braydon's were kind of a guilty pleasure at the time but i always liked it for how crazy they were at a time that vulcs reign. Bet they were confy as hell!

Agree 100%. I loved both pair of these I owned. They were like pillows for your feet.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #135 on: January 28, 2015, 10:06:57 PM »
fadedpastels> some nice choices in there. the bastien's were heavily rowley XLT inspired, never did try a pair though. i didn't actually try the TNTs either because i was too obsessed with rowley at the time. no to take away from its credibility or anything but remember when black/ pink colourways were huge? that's what that shoe reminds me of. ed's 2nd shoe is getting a lot of love in here; makes me regret not buying a pair now :'(

Stanley Spadowski> and TK too no?

dinosaur> they would be the 1985s no? i really like the look of the travellers too (esp. in navy) but remember physically picking up a pair and realizing they were super HEAVY. ended up going with these instead:

Loose Trucks Saved My Life> vox?

Sk.A.T.A.N (and GAY)> braydon was slightly ahead of the curve with that shoe wasn't he (actually he was just on the whole glam metal tip no)? shame he got the boot (no pun intended though it did come a hi-top too right ;D) so soon after its release; looks like a glam-ed up MJ1 with a prototype g6 sole
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 05:07:44 AM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

ferraveemo

• Rep: 23
« Reply #136 on: January 29, 2015, 02:45:20 AM »
Black or white leather KCK

I remember éS had a model like these with a runner toe. I'm not too sure if it was Rodrigo TX's model but it was almost the same but with just a runner toe.

formeitscrazylike

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #137 on: January 31, 2015, 08:28:33 AM »

Prince Nelson

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 397
« Reply #139 on: January 31, 2015, 03:04:26 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

fuck yeah^^

had these in black and they were awesome.

possibly my favorite skateshoe ever:

These lasted forever as well:

trannies and mannies

« Reply #140 on: January 31, 2015, 05:02:52 PM »
lakai gems

those manchester colors on the vincent shoe would be perfect

c. 1995

• Rep: 31
« Reply #141 on: February 01, 2015, 09:27:38 AM »

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #142 on: February 01, 2015, 10:03:59 AM »
Expand Quote
All emericas for me! � ;D

These Braydon's were kind of a guilty pleasure at the time but i always liked it for how crazy they were at a time that vulcs reign. Bet they were confy as hell!

[close]

Agree 100%. I loved both pair of these I owned. They were like pillows for your feet.

I've been trying to get another pair of these in that colourway after the first pair I had, skated them to death and loved them. They are surprisingly hard to get even though they were on sale a few months after release here in the U.K and as such probably didn't sell too well. They seriously skated perfectly after about two kickflips. (SO, on that note if anyone has anywhere I can get a pair of these please pass on the info).

As for other shoes:

Had these in red but always wanted the Gino ones:

Again, had these in the black and white colour but these always looked brilliant with the one colour toe. And nostalgia aside, I think these would probably still be feasible to skate in, even with the big air pocket in the heel the forefoot was surprisingly good for board feel.

Always a regret not picking these up at the time, but from what I remember they were pretty expensive:

Thanks to some oversight by T.K Maxx I got these for �14, say what you want about the shoe but they are insanely skateable. I would kill for them again.

These look so so good, another shoe regret not getting these:

These in Lo-top were another one of my favourite skate shoes. The toe-cap etc didn't last too long but hey, that's what shoe goo is for. Goddam I'm getting misty eye'd.

I'm saying nothing other than these were just the best:

Would have loved these, a friend of mine had them in navy when they came out, they looked pretty decent in person and he reported nothing but positive traits about them while skating:

Anyone else remember the Greco TWS interview where he was wearing these in I think pure red/yellow stripe when nollie bs flipping Beverly Hills 9? Was probably in 2005.

These were fucking tanks but they made me unbelievably happy having these when I was 14/15. That rubber ollie pad area was indestructible:

Along a similar "tech" vein (Think these were an Eldridge pro model?):

« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 10:30:02 AM by poor alice »
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 725
« Reply #143 on: February 01, 2015, 10:23:09 AM »
this is my new fav. thread!

@thewilleasley

« Reply #144 on: February 01, 2015, 10:48:36 AM »

Always a regret not picking these up at the time, but from what I remember they were pretty expensive:

Anyone else remember the Greco TWS interview where he was wearing these in I think pure red/yellow stripe when nollie bs flipping Beverly Hills 9? Was probably in 2005.

Both of these are super dope. I remember that Greco interview as well his shoes on Vans were nice.

I never got the chance to skate the P.Rod 3's but I always loved the design. Seen them in person a couple times as well they were so sick. Would definitely try to cop these if I could find them in a 10.

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 194
« Reply #145 on: February 01, 2015, 01:05:14 PM »

Niko Katavainen

• Rep: -4
« Reply #146 on: February 01, 2015, 01:35:54 PM »

Favorite shoe of all time. In these exact colorways.

ginzberg

• Rep: 20
« Reply #147 on: February 01, 2015, 01:37:28 PM »
^^ Is that the Eos? I had a pair in black/black/charcoal... was one of my favorite shoes, and then it seemed they never did a 2nd run

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #148 on: February 02, 2015, 09:35:34 PM »
sorry peeps, i am in the process of moving apartments/ moving my family in with me so i've been busy. the first batch has been reserved though and they will be up online ... when i get them up online. i'll keep you posted!

formeitscrazylike> were they karl's model? either way they look like you could seriously get your wu-tang on with them 8)

DISTANT RUMOURS> nice choice on the syntax (veganrant: apparently they never made a suede version of this shoe), never owned a pair, would love to channel my inner-moses in them though. ooh muska 1s, gotta give it to the muska always on top of his shoe game; that model alone changed the way skate shoes looked for the next 5 years. again i swear that mike carroll DC model was infused with some sort of metal. brave call on the kastels, did you skate a pair? i really only ever liked their first run of shoes (the all black ronnie b model with the white stripe running around the back).

trannies and mannies> can't speak for the rest but the mj-3s were so dope, only ever had the low tops but would kill for some of the all weather high tops.

poor alice> many would argue with some of the shoes you posted but i'm guessing it's because a lot of us probably never tried them. the EEs and penny's are kind of a given, both would go for big $$$ these days. never skated fallens (or osiris for that matter), but those ali kicks defs represent a certain time in skating. glad we are in agreement with the XLTs, you have that colour too? i personally thought those grecs were UGLY but i never skated them (was that the one that ethan fowler used to wear a lot?). hahaha chet/ globe cops a lot of hate for this era but the fact is they were selling like hotcakes. propbably not the greatest shoe for a company though; they literally look like they would last too long!

this is my new fav. thread!
;D ;D ;D

VCR> was that a team model? for some reason it makes me think of creager...

Niko Katavainen> haha, popps would be so disappointed. i haven't rocked cons in YEARS but these shoes were gunna be my return gateway drug. make me think of mid 90s beastie boys. "were" being the operative word here though, by the time i got around buying a pair popps was already given the boot and i couldn't find them anymore. i imagine these would fetch a pretty penny even though they aren't that old. if only popps had the foresight to lock away 200 or so pairs to re-sell on ebay.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 381
« Reply #149 on: February 03, 2015, 10:08:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Lakai x Crailtap Carrolls

[close]

remember the EMB ones? :o
carroll selects aren't that hard to come by but i can't remember seeing that specific colourway in said treasure trove. i'll have a look though

I am like 99.9% sure that I have the EMB Carroll Selects at my parents' house.  Never skated, just worn to work a few times.  If I still have them and anyone is interested in purchasing them, send me a PM.

I would love to have a stash of the AV3.  Once you take out the tongue stuffing, that shoe is perfect.  I remember the sole not being described as vulc on the box so I always assumed it was a different construction.  Like an early Wafflecup, but with no break in time.  I was super anti-vulc at the time and it felt like the best of both worlds to me.