Author Topic: shoes you would maim/ kill/ pay a small fortune for  (Read 71556 times)

Cosme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 405
Re: shoes you would maim/ kill/ pay a small fortune for
« Reply #420 on: April 28, 2017, 07:25:35 AM »

THESE! What the fuck were they? Dyrdek's right? I had a black pair my sophomore year I've been racking my brain about it for a while.

It's Dyrdek's second DC model from 1996. I had them in that same color. Loved them. They looked perfect. They were the coolest. I was so cool back then...

BTW - anyone has any pic from Colin Mckay's second shoe on DC. I am unable to find any photo. I remember they felt weird for the time. Like a futuristic aerobic boot. But that's all my memory can recall.

Not sure if that's his second or third. Scroll right, it's a huge pic.

Damn, nice find! I remember those Colin pro models now. Also, those dukes :o don't remember ever seeing them

Yes! Thank you very much. That page scan took me back in time. wow
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 07:29:56 AM by Cosme »

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #421 on: July 21, 2017, 04:59:30 AM »

wouldn't necessarily maim / kill / pay a small fortune to get another pair of those nowadays, but those are the skate shoes i have the fondest memories of. they were the first skate shoes i ever bought for myself as a kid with birthday money that weren't cheap vans / converse / even tennis shoes from chain sporting goods store (small town upbringing, closest skateshop had to be two hours away, no money for the real deal back when shoes were averaging 120 euros in the very early 2000's, no internet sales back then etc...). got them not too long after WHL came out and was really stoked on eS back then, they had the most amazing roster and now they had pj ladd. anyway those accel plus' managed to endure over three months of daily skateboarding, felt amazing, and i remember wearing them to a hotel around the time i was seeing my first girl so i must have had some good times in them in general. colorway may look funky & outdated by now but back then i was convinced the whole picture was the epitome of a proper skate shoe so fuck that !
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 10:22:41 AM by silhouette »

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 441
« Reply #422 on: July 21, 2017, 09:23:27 AM »

THESE! What the fuck were they? Dyrdek's right? I had a black pair my sophomore year I've been racking my brain about it for a while.

It's Dyrdek's second DC model from 1996. I had them in that same color. Loved them. They looked perfect. They were the coolest. I was so cool back then...

BTW - anyone has any pic from Colin Mckay's second shoe on DC. I am unable to find any photo. I remember they felt weird for the time. Like a futuristic aerobic boot. But that's all my memory can recall.

Damn, nice find! I remember those Colin pro models now. Also, those dukes :o don't remember ever seeing them

That's McKay's third shoe. Never had them but was always blown away by how basketball they looked. Kinda looks like a weird Fila now but I gotta admit I like them. Always get stoked when I see them in footy. Drake Jones at Pier 7.

crackrazor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #423 on: July 21, 2017, 11:53:09 AM »
Anyone want these? They've been sitting in a closet for years and I don't want them. Email me at [email protected]

Sorry about the massive image.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 11:56:13 AM by crackrazor »

Seadramon

• Rep: 53
« Reply #424 on: July 23, 2017, 04:41:28 PM »
Anyone want these? They've been sitting in a closet for years and I don't want them. Email me at [email protected]

Sorry about the massive image.

What size are the emericas?

noileum

• Rep: 25
« Reply #425 on: July 24, 2017, 04:50:45 AM »
Wish I'd got more than one pair of these

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 803
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #426 on: July 24, 2017, 05:00:17 AM »
Wish I'd got more than one pair of these

I've got a pair in black/purple that I've worn about 4 times. Never really vibes with them.

noileum

• Rep: 25
« Reply #427 on: July 24, 2017, 05:26:31 AM »
I didn't fuck with that colourway as it was pure garbage

the black or white however were class

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 803
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #428 on: July 24, 2017, 05:44:00 AM »
I didn't fuck with that colourway as it was pure garbage

the black or white however were class
TBH I bought them when they were 75% off and I bleached the purple parts.

Matthew_James

• Rep: -154
« Reply #429 on: July 25, 2017, 08:18:55 AM »
What was the Es shoe that Arto was wearing in Menikmati that was navy blue with a reddish sole and the "es" in a white field? I always wanted those.

It was Ronnie Creager shoe.
WHY CAN'T SKATE SHOES LOOK LIKE THIS ANYMORE? paneled toe caps didn't deserve to be obsolete.

I would buy these so fast. They were nice bc they were slimmer than Accells, and skated beautifully. Just perfect imo, they should have never stopped producing this shoe. Someone bitch at Kelly Hart enough to get him to pull the trigger on a reproduction, and get Creager a check in the process.
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 49
« Reply #430 on: July 25, 2017, 09:02:55 AM »
I always wanted a pair of those
"fucking wheel feel off"

90sDamiano

• Rep: -2

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -85
« Reply #432 on: July 29, 2017, 08:20:53 PM »

That's McKay's third shoe. Never had them but was always blown away by how basketball they looked. Kinda looks like a weird Fila now but I gotta admit I like them. Always get stoked when I see them in footy. Drake Jones at Pier 7.
It's his second, this is his third. This one's aight...

you never know about pre-cum 

daditude adjustment

• Rep: 14
« Reply #433 on: August 02, 2017, 06:10:13 PM »
I can't post a picture because of the data limit or whatever, BUT! I finally found a pair of the eS Edgars online from Martini skateshop. $16 and on my feet now. Life is so exciting sometimes!

Donald Rump

• Rep: -2
    • pouet.net
« Reply #434 on: August 04, 2017, 08:27:12 AM »
eS Koston 1, loved that shoe had four pairs in a row

Bought the lakai reissues and they were pure garbage and gave them away

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -231
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #435 on: August 04, 2017, 10:16:20 AM »
Seeing those Ellingtons makes me wish he was still on Emerica. A revamped G6 model of the Ellington would be awesome.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #436 on: August 04, 2017, 02:29:37 PM »

It's his second, this is his third. This one's aight...

Yup that is his third, and they skated great.

The two's look absolutely amazing though...

I would love to have some deadstock pairs of dc on that page. I had them all...

But man a pair of black syntax :(

I just bought a pair of old grey syntax, for 8 bucks.  Gonna try and restore them...