Author Topic: Mike V, Scott Bourne. Why is skateboarding yet to produce a good wordsmith?  (Read 8287 times)

frontsideindy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -122
the slap forum shoud get the Nobel Prize in Literature.

mattdlx

• Rep: 165
Expand Quote
Stecyk, Mofo, Pushead.

[close]

The golden age of Thrasher. I might have been �illiterate without it.

My friend Justin, edited this anthology, there was some good stuff in it and some painful stuff also. Not Mike V painful...

Same dude who edited the No Comply : Skateboarders and Authority (or something like that) book?

Life And Limb did indeed have some decent stuff.
And I'd forgotten how much I liked Jocko's book.
SPB!

shark tits

Expand Quote
Stecyk, Mofo, Pushead.

[close]

The golden age of Thrasher. I might have been  illiterate without it.

My friend Justin, edited this anthology, there was some good stuff in it and some painful stuff also. Not Mike V painful...

yes! this is the one where the guy from florida blacks out and fights and writes post its to himself to piece together his nights. 'i'm an ovenman, dammit!'
pilot lite is dope, frozen in carbonite sometimes makes more sense than others or maybe i like some of the subject matter [coliseum, britpop] more than others [menace, rap]. ted barrows usedta have a wellwritten blog. dude was 'worldly' like sexualhelon.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
The only literature I've read by a skateboarder is by Guillaume Noyelle, he's in many of the Magenta/Thaillandier associated clips with a trick here and there. He writes in french, don't know if there are any translations. I read his book "Jeune Professionelle" it was not particularly interesting, but it was very well crafted and captures some truth about the contemporary concept of work and success in the western world.

QSLM? (Bande Annonce 2)

http://static.fnac-static.com/multimedia/images_produits/ZoomPE/0/4/1/9782841004140.jpg

I saw Mike Vallely read at slam city jam in 2001 (?) or so, I thought he was a pretty good slam poet or whatever. Pretty sure it was Bourn back in the day, writing some pretty good stuff on fecalface. Gonz stories about skateboarders are second to none.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 01:22:25 PM by botefdunn »

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
but speaking to the question, writing is by necessity a solitary, sedentary, intellectual pursuit: skateboarding does not necessarily foster these behaviours.

mattdlx

• Rep: 165
almost forgot Nieratko!!
SPB!

logan chase

-sb

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
but speaking to the question, writing is by necessity a solitary, sedentary, intellectual pursuit: skateboarding does not necessarily foster these behaviours.

That's fairly adept. Well played.

Andy Schrock

http://www.createspace.com/4265883

My Book Has Been Published!!!!

Yesterday Erased by Andrew Schrock - Review!