Author Topic: Best cheaper bearings  (Read 22859 times)

white rapper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -80
Re: Best cheaper bearings
« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2015, 11:32:12 AM »
bones swiss ceramics

Spider on drugs

• Rep: 0
« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2015, 08:24:39 AM »
Bought these enuff bearings for 8 euros, they're supose to be swiss but i dont really know what that means in this case.
I never had a set of legit bones swiss so i cant really compare, but so far from a 5 minute testdrive, they're fine.
i can give you guys a better review later, but if your in europe and poor, they're wort the 8 euros.

from left to right: shake junts ab7, swiss, reds

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2015, 04:59:21 AM »
They have a metal cage?
I've never had much luck with metal caged bearings. They never last as long or perform better than nylon caged bearings, at least from my experience.

Uinta High

• Rep: 99
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2015, 12:37:10 PM »
Odd question but for anyone that bought Hard Luck bearings do they come with spacers? And has anyone skated the HL ceramics?

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65505
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2015, 12:58:20 PM »
Noticed super swiss dont come with spacers. Cheap bastards. Hope these weren't fake too!
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

BMCsteve

« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2015, 08:17:24 PM »
Noticed super swiss dont come with spacers. Cheap bastards. Hope these weren't fake too!

Legit super swiss come with spacers

BMCsteve

« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2015, 08:19:23 PM »
Odd question but for anyone that bought Hard Luck bearings do they come with spacers? And has anyone skated the HL ceramics?

The hard luck swiss (which are actually made in Switzerland unlike other "swiss" brands) do come with spacers, all other versions do now.  The HL Ceramics are really good.  FYI, they're the same as the Rush Bearings all weather ceramics which have a good reputation and have been around for a while

dillanharp

« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2015, 08:22:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Last ones i got from my shop did not have spacers.

BMCsteve

« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2015, 07:17:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Weird.  I have two sets and they both come with spacers.  Skate One also specifies that they come with them http://www.skateone.com/bones-reg-super-swiss-6-bearings-8-pack

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #69 on: February 14, 2015, 03:52:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Weird.  I have two sets and they both come with spacers.  Skate One also specifies that they come with them http://www.skateone.com/bones-reg-super-swiss-6-bearings-8-pack

These were real. I didn't fuck around with any eBay shit.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #70 on: February 14, 2015, 04:14:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

1) no one is making fake Swiss

2) don't ever bad mouth eBay

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #71 on: February 14, 2015, 08:55:34 PM »
if something seems too good to be true, it usually is.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2015, 05:25:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Sorry for confusion. The bearings I bought for students were super reds, not swiss. They had no spacers...

If you want to learn about fake/defected swiss, go to the "Defected Swiss" thread. They were being sold through eBay and a few Slappers got burnt.

shark tits

« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2015, 05:31:43 PM »
ya know how girls get penis envy? i'm like that about bearings. i always buy cheapo's then complain internally that everyone else gets more gnar for their buck. like i hafta mad dog to ollie something other people can tic tac at.
once my girl bought me some $50 jawns at rukus and they were ok, i still felt like i wasn't totally hauling balls but i had that pride like a chevy owner or something. for anyways, i was trying to go from detroit to chicago via CP railroad and the damn train bulls stoled all our shit. bye bye bearings!
my downstairs neighbor uses brake cleaner and grease, swears they last forever and they do seem fast but i'm not sure he doesn't secretly replace them like folger's crystals every once in a while.
i guess what i'm trying to say is spend the extra money and don't get yanked offa train.

aaronagis

• Rep: -3
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2015, 12:59:19 AM »
ya know how girls get penis envy? i'm like that about bearings. i always buy cheapo's then complain internally that everyone else gets more gnar for their buck. like i hafta mad dog to ollie something other people can tic tac at.
once my girl bought me some $50 jawns at rukus and they were ok, i still felt like i wasn't totally hauling balls but i had that pride like a chevy owner or something. for anyways, i was trying to go from detroit to chicago via CP railroad and the damn train bulls stoled all our shit. bye bye bearings!
my downstairs neighbor uses brake cleaner and grease, swears they last forever and they do seem fast but i'm not sure he doesn't secretly replace them like folger's crystals every once in a while.
i guess what i'm trying to say is spend the extra money and don't get yanked offa train.

This is amazing advice.

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2015, 04:18:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Sorry for confusion. The bearings I bought for students were super reds, not swiss. They had no spacers...

If you want to learn about fake/defected swiss, go to the "Defected Swiss" thread. They were being sold through eBay and a few Slappers got burnt.

i stand corrected.  i linked most of everyone to them too hahahahaha

JamesNtheGntPch

• Rep: 38
  • Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #76 on: February 24, 2015, 09:31:59 AM »
A friend of mine told me it was possible to order swiss bearings from industrial retailers and they were much less expensive because they aren't branded as skate bearings. Anyone ever look into buying bearings that are not skateboard specified?

shark tits

« Reply #77 on: February 24, 2015, 03:32:34 PM »
A friend of mine told me it was possible to order swiss bearings from industrial retailers and they were much less expensive because they aren't branded as skate bearings. Anyone ever look into buying bearings that are not skateboard specified?
yeah, i usedta buy bearings and hardware screws from the hardware store. one thing about skate parts form the hardware store, they suck! the pseudo shorty's would break and the bearings wouldn't last for a good gotdamn. i had a good mind to picket outside the hardware store and tell their customers 'true value sells junk' like the guy boycotting the fashion bug on a long ago episode of daily show. kilborn era.
i feel like the picket protest has grown trite over the yrs and no longer holds any weight so don't spend your time doing that, just go to the skate shop and buy some real berrings, ya cheap prick.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #78 on: February 24, 2015, 06:36:41 PM »

I looked into this and it didn't see any deals. Home Depot sells 608 bearings to go in drills, etc. but they cost around $5 for one bearing.

One thing I have wondered about was whether you could buy rollerblade bearings. I've seen Bones Swiss rollerblade bearings in a 16pack for around $60. Cheaper than two sets of skate bearings although the comments on Amazon mention something about rollerblades having axles of varying sizes.

Sam Malone

• Rep: 0
« Reply #79 on: February 24, 2015, 07:45:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

i stand corrected.  i linked most of everyone to them too hahahahaha

Those $23 swiss you posted are probably not counterfit, just stolen from a shop by the looks of the rest of the items sold by AAPawn.
That's way cheaper than a shop's cost ($30ish?), and they are selling a bunch of other bearings at or below cost.

Here's the dilemma assuming they are real -
They were either stolen from a real skateshop, or from somewhere like Zumiez.

Knowing that it's a possibility some skateshop got ripped off, do you still buy them because they're cheap?

N.L.

« Reply #80 on: February 25, 2015, 08:06:59 AM »

http://www.slapmagazine.com/component/option,com_jfusion/Itemid,4/index.php?topic=83119.0

Yes, they do come with spacers. My set were great for a few months but didn't last long and that's with minimal skateboarding... Just glad I didn't pay a usual ceramic price for them.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #81 on: February 25, 2015, 01:04:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

http://www.slapmagazine.com/component/option,com_jfusion/Itemid,4/index.php?topic=83119.0

Yes, they do come with spacers. My set were great for a few months but didn't last long and that's with minimal skateboarding... Just glad I didn't pay a usual ceramic price for them.

Weird. I just bought a set of these Hard Luck "ceramics" from SoCal Skateshop and they didn't come with spacers.
http://socalskateshop.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=45617

No spacers sucks for a set of bearings costing $45. Just no substitute for Bones Swiss.

N.L.

« Reply #82 on: February 25, 2015, 02:12:18 PM »
Maybe I'm wrong... I thought I had some with mine. I was using them with spacers...

Boomhauer

• Rep: 43
  • Yep

ogcoors

• Rep: -69
« Reply #84 on: March 03, 2015, 06:37:24 PM »
Anyone ever try cheap shots by spitfire if I rip the shields off and lube up with sewing machine oil do they break in good?

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #85 on: March 04, 2015, 01:31:03 AM »
What say yall about these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bones-SWISS-Precision-Competition-Skateboard-Bearings-Set-of-8-FREE-spacers-NEW-/151591803180?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item234b93592c

If they're real, fantastic.

Swiss last you years and years. If you clean them 2/3 at least...

I'd rather spend $45 on some real swiss and not have to fuck around with e-bay tribunals etc.

They really are probably cheaper than most other bearings in terms of life-span.

ferraveemo

• Rep: 23
« Reply #86 on: March 04, 2015, 02:26:01 AM »

If they're real, fantastic.

Swiss last you years and years. If you clean them 2/3 at least...

I'd rather spend $45 on some real swiss and not have to fuck around with e-bay tribunals etc.

They really are probably cheaper than most other bearings in terms of life-span.

Well from experience of having both the eBay Swiss and the actually Swiss that you get from a local skate shop makes you decide to just go on and pay for the legitimate ones. I've managed to return and got my refund for the swiss and also that ceramics that i didn't get to use. The eBay Swiss are shut! i could feel the slowness as oppose to the real swiss where it's smooth and fast as hell.

TheRealDeal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -34
    • TMKF VIDEO avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #87 on: March 04, 2015, 03:56:30 PM »
I ordered some $23 ebay swiss just to check out the reproduction quality, given that they are knock-offs.  Mine had spacers in the box and every thing looks pretty spot on, except that the font on the sticker is slightly more bold and the "care and maintentance" instructions are not centered on the piece of paper.  I'm gonna hook'em up for shits and giggles. I'll report back.

shark tits

« Reply #88 on: March 04, 2015, 06:02:59 PM »
back in his 'vert dog' days fred durst was sold counterfeit bearings once. just once.
Limp Bizkit - Counterfeit

straight

« Reply #89 on: March 04, 2015, 06:27:05 PM »
Rusty bearings and if real broke musty bearings will do