Author Topic: Best cheaper bearings  (Read 22858 times)

Spitfire4life

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -20
Re: Best cheaper bearings
« Reply #90 on: March 04, 2015, 07:24:15 PM »
Anyone ever try cheap shots by spitfire if I rip the shields off and lube up with sewing machine oil do they break in good?
I haven't used the cheapshots, but I had the burners and they were pretty good. My friend had the cheapshots and he liked them. I'd say go for it, if you don't like them, you're only down $10 so it's not too bad.
If you take medical advice from this puddle of retards you are going to die.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65505
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #91 on: March 05, 2015, 03:32:40 AM »
Fuck bearings, let's talk about Ebbit's hats. Can anyone pick up some good genuine ones on the Bay?

Not fake fakes though.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

Boomhauer

• Rep: 43
  • Yep
« Reply #92 on: March 05, 2015, 10:18:55 PM »
Expand Quote

If they're real, fantastic.

Swiss last you years and years. If you clean them 2/3 at least...

I'd rather spend $45 on some real swiss and not have to fuck around with e-bay tribunals etc.

They really are probably cheaper than most other bearings in terms of life-span.

[close]

Well from experience of having both the eBay Swiss and the actually Swiss that you get from a local skate shop makes you decide to just go on and pay for the legitimate ones. I've managed to return and got my refund for the swiss and also that ceramics that i didn't get to use. The eBay Swiss are shut! i could feel the slowness as oppose to the real swiss where it's smooth and fast as hell.

Word, i won't risk it. Looking back in the thread, lot of folks seem to not have had any luck with the ebay swiss. Indy blacks look promising in the meantime.

pootysnacks

• Rep: -8
  • HI
    • SATANSWEINER avatar image
« Reply #93 on: March 08, 2015, 10:20:57 AM »
reds have lasted me like almost 2 years now  lol

samsk8

• Rep: -26
  • maddd propzzz
« Reply #94 on: March 10, 2015, 08:36:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Anyone ever try cheap shots by spitfire if I rip the shields off and lube up with sewing machine oil do they break in good?
[close]
I haven't used the cheapshots, but I had the burners and they were pretty good. My friend had the cheapshots and he liked them. I'd say go for it, if you don't like them, you're only down $10 so it's not too bad.

spitfire need to exit the bearing game, tried all their offerings. overall poor longtivity and just dont roll well
bomb ur mutha f**kn city!!

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #95 on: March 11, 2015, 10:34:43 AM »
Only set of spitfire bearings I've had were the Classics (blue shields) and I was not a fan. It seemed like it was impossible to break them in. After a month of skating them they felt still felt sluggish. They just wouldn't break in, which I thought was weird.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #96 on: March 12, 2015, 07:01:26 AM »
Just wanted to confirm what I wrote in another thread, that the eBay Reds I bought were definitely fakes, so beware when hunting for cheap priced ones.

Bought a new pair of genuine Reds from the local shop the other day and all the differences I listed before were still present:

Packaging on the fakes is nearly the same but the letters in the UPC code were a slightly less bold font. "Made in China" is written in an grey tint on the genuine bearings.

The edges of the races (especially the inner races) are less beveled on the fakes. Much less polished and more tool marks present as well.

The ball retainer (the plastic thing the holds the balls) IS beveled. On real Reds the retainer has a flat back with squared off edges.

The writing on the shield looks like "BONESTM" and "REDSTM". On real Reds the "TM" is in a half size font. e.g. "BonesTM"

Lube seemed less heavy than speed cream. Smells different.

Seller was this guy, who also sells Swiss at $18 a pop: http://www.ebay.com/usr/goodwint999

N.L.

« Reply #97 on: April 06, 2015, 03:52:37 PM »
Rockin Ron is back in business. Say what you want about the man, he assembles a killer bearing easily on par with Bones Swiss for $27...

http://www.rocketsskateboardbearings.com/rocknronsbearings.htm

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #98 on: April 06, 2015, 04:12:51 PM »
My local skateshop when I was a kid had a bunch of bearings from a hardware store.. They would take all kinds of abuse, an they were like $1 each.
I'm pretty sure you could find really good bearings if you start looking into industrial bearing manufacturers. Hell, it's probably the same guys who make the bearings for skate companies anyway, but without the markup.

Tay

« Reply #99 on: April 15, 2015, 04:31:31 PM »
I've had luck with Autobahn bearings, they're a cheap eight dollars at the local shop. They last awhile with regular cleanings. Last year I invested in Bones Swiss Ceramics and proceeded to snap nearly half the cages in a month.  :-[ I can't see a justification for the price tag.

imgne

« Reply #100 on: April 15, 2015, 05:17:16 PM »
I don't know if or how well known Modus Bearings are for you guys over there, but if you can get hands on a set of modus blue's, I highly recommend them for a great alround cheap set of bearings, but remember to always pop the cases off..

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #101 on: April 15, 2015, 08:30:20 PM »
Rockin Ron is back in business. Say what you want about the man, he assembles a killer bearing easily on par with Bones Swiss for $27...

http://www.rocketsskateboardbearings.com/rocknronsbearings.htm

Oh shit yeah!

If you are going spend the coin, go with rockin ron or bones swiss six (not swiss or ceramics, swiss six).

Bones super reds weren't worth it compared to indy 7s (amazing deal)

Cheap stuff, MLs are great, buy two sets for when some crap out and keep the 'winners'
Spit Cheapshots - I still have some, use them as fillers until they die

I've recently been running Indy blacks and andale 7s - out of the gate the indys are fast as hell, andale not so much and after 4 sessions with them they still feel slow and one bearing has already wonked out forcing me to remove the shields.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 08:37:54 PM by Xen »