Author Topic: Miniramps in storage units?  (Read 5626 times)

Erngh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 1
Miniramps in storage units?
« on: April 24, 2015, 04:17:43 PM »
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this. 10x30 climate controlled storage units cost about $150/mo, go in with a couple friends maybe, and you have a 24/7 private, air conditioned miniramp. 10x30 wouldn't be anything huge but it would be a start.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1473
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Miniramps in storage units?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 09:38:36 PM »
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this. 10x30 climate controlled storage units cost about $150/mo, go in with a couple friends maybe, and you have a 24/7 private, air conditioned miniramp. 10x30 wouldn't be anything huge but it would be a start.
Where are you going to use the bathroom?  You're going to want one.

Bill

• Rep: -32
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 09:46:06 PM »

If you were sneaky enough to get it fully built, Maybe it could last a few sessions. Keep in mind that Storage units have regular business hours and then lock the gates. Also they have full survellience cameras everywhere.. So this wouldn't be the greatest idea. Because you'd be paying for the ramps supplies and then sweating with all the labor to build it, Only to not know how long it'll be Untill an employee or management see it. Knowing them, They'd prolly claimed you damaged the unit too.

Great idea but I wouldn't recommend it...Just build a Diy spot somewhere
Rule #1

Fashion Never Function

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 09:46:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Where are you going to use the bathroom?� You're going to want one.

Piss jug, it's the way of the road

shark tits

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2015, 09:46:58 PM »
my pal had the key to a slightly larger space. it might've been a band room or a storage shed proper, i'm not for sure. had diagonal ramps w/ movable grind toys in the middle. wasn't orgasmic but for many a cold winter's day it pulled clutch like big papi. not for sure what it ran everyone, believe there were like 10 'tenants'. $20 a month? $50? i don't know but if you have enough reliable galoots it's a grand idea.

poopnutsupreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2015, 09:49:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Also you can just poop in condoms
Any dude that hates on roller hockey hasn't played, and likely haven't played a sport in their entire life.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1473
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2015, 09:52:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

I don't think my runny explosions from taco bell are going to will itself into a rubber.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2015, 10:03:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
I don't think my runny explosions from taco bell are going to will itself into a rubber.

Wide-mouth shit jug, it's the way of the road

Grampa

• Rep: 143
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2015, 10:07:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Life Hack: If you were just at Taco Bell, your drink cup can be easily converted into a DIY funnel that allows you to divert the mudslide into any containment reservoir of your choosing.

Seamus_McShamebag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2015, 11:19:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Life Hack: If you were just at Taco Bell, your drink cup can be easily converted into a DIY funnel that allows you to divert the mudslide into any containment reservoir of your choosing.

Life Hack 2.0:  I like to use the paper Taco Bell bag to handle bigger volumes with larger, less controlled blast radii and then convert the results into a piping bag that I use to write quirky quotes on things to inspire my friends.

A lot of good tips here...

Seamus_McShamebag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2015, 12:07:31 AM »

alonzohambugerjones

• Rep: 3
  • http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-5sK5IyEANvg/TkMuXcaLsGI/
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2015, 08:45:12 AM »
off topic, has anyone ever tried to build a concrete mini using wooden pallets. They're everywhere and could be a shortcut for the flat bottom and walls but I have no building experience.
on topic, fairly certain you'd get kicked out of that storage unit.

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2015, 09:26:50 AM »
Buy a used shipping container for around 800, fuck renting.

Erngh

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2015, 11:56:26 AM »

Now that's an interesting idea...

Erngh

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2015, 11:57:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If you were sneaky enough to get it fully built, Maybe it could last a few sessions. Keep in mind that Storage units have regular business hours and then lock the gates. Also they have full survellience cameras everywhere.. So this wouldn't be the greatest idea. Because you'd be paying for the ramps supplies and then sweating with all the labor to build it, Only to not know how long it'll be Untill an employee or management see it. Knowing them, They'd prolly claimed you damaged the unit too.

Great idea but I wouldn't recommend it...Just build a Diy spot somewhere

Good points. Ideally this would serve as something in the winter when it's pitch black when I get off work.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2015, 01:15:01 PM »

I don't see how that would work at all. They're awfully short and narrow, and it wouldn't have any sort of climate control or lighting.

spool of cord

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • Welcome to another chapter of audio sodemy
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2015, 01:48:31 PM »
It depends on where you live really ...not every storage unit gets locked down....and people usually only watch security footage if there's been a problem....I mean, frankly, I think you could get away with it if you're living in the right place. But then again, I've never heard of temperature controlled units before. Sounds pretty snazzy. But if you think it's the right place, and don't turn it into a loud/party spot, I'm thinking you'll be good to go. Just don't do it if there's like a 3 month minimum lease on the place.
sanch dont be mad because your wife used to clean my mansion

and................... your still a mark!!!!!

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2015, 01:55:44 PM »

That did not work out well for those women on Season Two of "The Wire."

Erngh

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2015, 03:19:06 PM »
But then again, I've never heard of temperature controlled units before. Sounds pretty snazzy.

Welcome to Texas...

2thick

• Rep: -63
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2015, 05:06:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

It's the fackin way she goes boys

ogcoors

• Rep: -69
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2015, 08:52:02 AM »
i have 4 extra ones if your willing to pick it up . . . i made a skyscraper out of them for art and such.

just build an outdoor mini skatelite and your good to go

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2015, 09:36:55 AM »
Rent a little bay door warehouse in a shitty part of town.  Then can build what you want and there's a toilet, but I would probably still do the piping bag idea.
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

stupidiot

• Rep: -55
  • this is my facebook
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2015, 10:49:19 AM »
I I literally shit my pants skating the other day. Apparently watermelon gives me diarrhea.
Skateboarding Life Art Potatos

SHARPSHOOTER

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2015, 01:02:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That did not work out well for those women on Season Two of "The Wire."
Breaking Bad is the best show I've ever seen, except maybe The Wire... I will never stop talking about Breaking Bad or The Wire...

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2015, 10:14:23 AM »
It could work, i know in a few of the out of the way towns here kids use parents storage units as party spaces. Theres a skatespot at one here that doesn't have a fence or any security in it. You'd probaly just have to build it modualry and put it together at the mini storage rather be there doingal the cutting and general construction. There was a mini ramp here in band practice space it was pretty cool the ramp was only 10ft wide but that was cuz the space was small.

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2015, 10:41:37 PM »
If you're feeling ambitious, start a 501c7 non-profit social club, sell memberships, sponsorships, and build bowl.

http://www.brainardstreetbowl.org/