Author Topic: CHRIS JOSLIN THE SKATEBOARDMAG PART  (Read 8005 times)

shit_for_brains

Re: CHRIS JOSLIN THE SKATEBOARDMAG PART
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2015, 02:07:42 PM »
thats enough

Seriously. People are calling it hating, but it's Joslin Fatigue and it's real. There's such a thing as too much.

foureyedjim

« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2015, 02:12:31 PM »
I don't dislike him.  If he skated more interesting spots I'd probably actually like his skating.

shitmeister

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -4
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2015, 02:14:45 PM »
yeah ive had enough. bored of this guy

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2015, 02:25:52 PM »
I liked it, kid is a skate rat for sure

posguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2015, 02:40:48 PM »
I fucking hate coldplay with all my heart but i cant understand the hate bandwaggon! Man, he is in the streets skating his lungs out, with a fucked up feet and still killing it! I've seen more footage of this guy in this week than most of pros in their entire career, and even his throw away is mindblowing!!  He is a true skate rat and you just cant hate on that!

This guy is the skaters skater. Instagram is full of skating. Everything he owns is full of skateboarding. I would be surprised if his wife was full of skateboarding too. Skateboarding is this guys thing and he's fucking good at it. As much as I would like to see him go to SL and stomp Nyjah, I don't want him to become part of the circuit. Every clip he puts out on IG is gnarly. I am gonna say Am of the Year, turns pro for Plan B and Etnies around the same time and puts out a solo part that makes Fade to Black look like childs play.

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 372
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2015, 02:45:17 PM »
"feel so relieved, feel so good" could be the next "hey man"

KUberry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2015, 02:59:13 PM »
Burger a go go

OldmanEpic

« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2015, 03:26:21 PM »
This kids style is like WHL PJ and a mix of brian wenning.

Crushing spots with crazy lines like fuck all.

Kids am outta nowhere and already legend status

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2015, 04:48:06 PM »
Milkin' it.
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

The Woodsman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2015, 04:57:58 PM »
i hope he'll be in the lrg video, i dont think ive seen his name in any ads for it.

all they need to do is go film with him for one day and he'll have a full part.
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
-Gandhi

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2015, 05:03:31 PM »
Its funny how some people treat skating this kind of stuff as if its bubblegum pop music. It's not. I get that it might not be your cup of tea, but that's personal preference. He is an incredibly talented skateboarder who loves skating and skates what he skates. He's not some prefab studio creation. It would be a lot more contrived and lame if suddenly he picked up and moved to Brooklyn and skated nothing but cellar doors and bump to bars. But for some reason, some of you believe that everybody should be that one kind of skater.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 173
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2015, 05:12:02 PM »
Its funny how some people treat skating this kind of stuff as if its bubblegum pop music. It's not. I get that it might not be your cup of tea, but that's personal preference. He is an incredibly talented skateboarder who loves skating and skates what he skates. He's not some prefab studio creation. It would be a lot more contrived and lame if suddenly he picked up and moved to Brooklyn and skated nothing but cellar doors and bump to bars. But for some reason, some of you believe that everybody should be that one kind of skater.

I'm open to every type of skating there is. Hell, I'll even admit I love watching Nyjah skate. But Joslin looks fucking weird with his 90 degree back bends after tricks.

OldmanEpic

« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2015, 05:13:47 PM »
Rob Dyrdek is jizzin prematurely in the DC logo jeans to get this kid in street league.  

Seriously I dont care what anyone says about his style, this dood is fuckin amazing.

His lil OC ramp edit is more stylish however. Maybe hes lurking slap, on meth?

Ive been this impressed by a new guy maybe 10 times in along time, Way/McKay/Duffy/Wray/Penny/PJ

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2015, 05:19:10 PM »
What the fuck? Came on slap today and thought some troll was naming every thread something Joslin related for no reason. Opened each one and they all had real clips.

I can understand the hate for overexposure but I actually appreciate that he seems to do nothing but skate. I'm sure I'll be fatigued by over-saturation but I recently discovered that I can just shut my computer off and I won't have to watch anymore. This discovery blew my mind.

@thewilleasley

« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2015, 05:26:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm open to every type of skating there is. Hell, I'll even admit I love watching Nyjah skate. But Joslin looks fucking weird with his 90 degree back bends after tricks.

I did the same shit back when i had chronically sore knees. hopefully he gets that partially torn ACL fixed while it's still intact before he has do it all the hard way and get hurt first, but clearly its impossible to get him off a skateboard and i doubt he'd just voluntarily stop & get surgery on it while he can still shred everyday. skating the types of gaps he does almost make that ACL seem like a ticking timebomb.

you're actually not even supposed to absorb the impact with your knees, you're supposed to stabilize yourself with your upper legs and use the MUSCLES to take most of the impact (like when lifting weights with squats) but you still gotta bend your knees to a certain extent to engage those legs properly. you can tell when he lands his knees can't immediately absorb all the force & transfer it to his thighs upon landing so he bends them every so slightly and uses his back to compensate
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 05:28:30 PM by @thewilleasley »

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
  • tiger style
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2015, 06:38:16 PM »
did no one in this thread watch his go pro part? i don't even get why people are trying so hard to hate on this kid. fully agree with the pj mixed with wenning comment. skates fast, does insane lines, is undeniably one of the gnarliest guys out, one of the most tech guys out and how can anyone not be stoked to see him shake up street league.

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 737
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2015, 07:05:36 PM »
Even if this kid never puts out another part he'll be talked about for a long time. He's already put out more footy than trainwreck, or scott kane.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

sharkbarf

• Rep: 1
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2015, 07:28:14 PM »
Holy shit. This dude is in a rush to put it out there. Aside from how awful his parts are put together, he fucking rips. Kind of makes you think what will become of Plan B. He's like some hybrid of Shekler and Pudmill.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2015, 08:41:45 PM »
That nollie bs flip is seriously fucking huge, them stairs long, dumb angle. I think with time and maybe some surgery his style will get better. Plus he seems SO genuinely stoked on skateboarding as a whole that I'm sure he'll skate everything eventually and crush it. Personally I think it's kinda neat to see someone so rabid about what they love to do, skateboarding or not. It's weird to think about, but I bet this next generation of young kids are gonna grow up talking about Joslin in the same way my group of friends talked about Koston, the kid is a goddamn superhero.
Mostly agree but I'd put him more in the Reynolds category skatewise. Joslin is amazing, but I don't see him being the guy to do a lot of NBD's in regard to the first to do certain ledge, manual or hand rail tricks. This is what made Koston so crazy when you look at some of the things he was the first to do. He'll be a guy who constantly takes hard/technical tricks to massive gaps which is sort of what Reynolds has done his entire career even though he is clearly capable of skating all types of stuff. Joslin's stuff is beyond insane, not a huge fan of his style but his knee being fucked might not allow him to get as much pop on certain tricks of be able to land cleanly.

jonnysheen

• Rep: -63
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2015, 02:49:31 AM »
Even skateboarding is like floggin a car?

andocom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2015, 03:51:55 AM »
I haven't seen his true part, but I cant see him not getting SOTY at this point. Can't recall anyone dropping the amount of footage Joslin has in such a short span. There must be a lot of anxious pros watching these clips.

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2015, 06:25:41 AM »
I expected a Classic Slap worthy in-joke when I saw half the Photos&Videos front page was all new Chris Joslin part threads.  This is fucked.

urbanasshole

« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2015, 07:00:27 AM »
I dont think putting this shitload of footage out is anywhere near cool. When it`s obviously planned to do that, what does he really expect to achieve?

Yu Dum

« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2015, 10:45:20 AM »
I dont think putting this shitload of footage out is anywhere near cool. When it`s obviously planned to do that, what does he really expect to achieve?
What the fuck does this even mean?? How could you not appreciate the fact that there's so much free footage? I can understand the hype being diluted due to oversaturation (when I logged in this morning I thought all the Chris Joslin threads were a bit much), but to say that it's not "cool" is just a sad attempt at trying way too hard to find something to hate on.

EmilioBestevez

• Rep: 71
« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2015, 11:02:31 AM »
He's really good and is obviously very driven.  Looks like the quintessential skate rat.   But I'm not that into it.  His style isn't very easy on the eyes so I'm honestly only entertained by his biggest tricks (eg. doing THE BIGGEST tre flip ever).  Everything else is kind of generic.  I've seen bigger switch heels and switch flips and I've seen better ledge tricks, in most cases done with better style.  Good on him for being so talented but there's nothing there for me to stay interested.

MeanestCleanestPenis

• Rep: 40
« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2015, 12:10:59 PM »
I can see what the guy is saying, if your looking at a knee surgery it might be better to drip feed the footage out

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -457
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2015, 09:03:56 PM »
if you actually watch his parts and don't just put your blinders on when you see difficult/technical/gnarly tricks that aren't overtly artsy fartsy, you'll realize he does some pretty awesome stuff.

the way he floated off that smith grind 180, the lipslide down a handrail to a fucking manual, the boardslide to fakie followed by a quick half cab off the curb, and the way he popped the nollie flip during the ender come to mind.

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

SlayerKiller

• Rep: -37
« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2015, 01:07:02 AM »
Also remember he's doing ALL of this on a torn ACL

everyone keeps saying he has a torn acl (because he said it).... but does he really?

SlayerKiller

• Rep: -37
« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2015, 01:08:15 AM »
This kids style is like WHL PJ and a mix of brian wenning.

Crushing spots with crazy lines like fuck all.

Kids am outta nowhere and already legend status

uh...no.

stone cold steve austin

• Rep: -84
« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2015, 03:46:45 AM »
fuck he's a hammer lord but fuck it's ugly