Author Topic: Footprint insoles  (Read 32536 times)

The Woodsman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
Footprint insoles
« on: February 17, 2015, 10:13:14 AM »
I've been thinking about trying a pair, are they actually worth it? I get heel bruises pretty frequently so I was thinking about getting the jaws ones, it says they are high profile and provide the most cushion.
Also if youve ever had them what's the deal with the sizing? I wear a 10.5 in most shoes but I'm afraid if I get the 10/10.5 they'll be too short, any insight?
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
-Gandhi

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Footprint insoles
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 11:34:58 AM »
i love them. i really like the arch support, which is something that most stock insoles lack. then again, that takes some time to get used to.

i wear 10.5 as well and went for the 11/11.5 since they mold to the shape of the shoe pretty well.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 11:42:41 AM »
The Jaws' ones are the kingfoam? I myself like the Gamechangers.

They provide a good shape and protection especially in the in the toe area.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

The Woodsman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 12:11:47 PM »

The game changers are the ones you heat and mold to you foot right? How is the arch on those? I don't like big arches they hurt my feet, that's part of why I was looking at the jaws, they said the jaws were flat.
-Gandhi

The Woodsman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 12:39:47 PM »
i love them. i really like the arch support, which is something that most stock insoles lack. then again, that takes some time to get used to.

i wear 10.5 as well and went for the 11/11.5 since they mold to the shape of the shoe pretty well.

Is the arch area on yours still lined up with where yours in on your foot? Cause I'm just worried if I get them to big the arch won't be right, cause I can always trim them if they are to long.
-Gandhi

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2015, 01:32:46 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The game changers are the ones you heat and mold to you foot right? How is the arch on those? I don't like big arches they hurt my feet, that's part of why I was looking at the jaws, they said the jaws were flat.
I haven't tried them, but have done some research since I was interested.
In the case of the gamechangers, YOU mold them to YOUR foot by heating them up and walking around in them. So the arch should be an exact replica of the arch of your foot, which is the best method to use for a supportive insole. The KingFoam insoles are basically a flat insole which forms to your foot as you skate in it. In my opinion, the gamechangers would be better since it is a custom fit that offers the arch support height of your foot specifically. The KingFoam will be good, but is used as a replacement of your stock insole in your shoes if it's too hard (Busenitz ADV for me) and is more of a 'general' insole.

Hope this helps, I've been putting off trying these because I don't wanna spend 40 bucks on insoles and hate them, but the concepts should be correct.

EDIT: In any case, it will probably feel very weird using any insole that is supporting your arch at first. This is because most brands use a flat PU or EVA insole. Arch support will initially feel like a lump under your foot, but doesn't allow your arch to flatten when taking impact so the stresses are evenly displaced. This is the case for GameChangers mostly, and it will help align your bones/joints while taking these impacts as to not stress them in unusual ways causing pain.
#endrant
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 01:37:30 PM by IanBZHD »

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2015, 01:41:37 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah, the arch area is pretty high, while the mid and front area is flat. They also come with 4 cushion pods to prevent heel bruise, but I never used them.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Multigrain

• Rep: 0
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2015, 05:45:30 PM »
I've only ever tried the King Foam ones. I used them for a while but I rolled my ankle super bad and stopped using them. I can't say for certain if they were the cause because if your front foot manages to get in front of your board the wrong way there's nothing you can do about it, fancy insoles or not. On their site they claim that all the insoles help prevent ankle rolls.

What I didn't like about King Foams is that they did sit really high in the shoe and they were kind of bowed in what I felt was the wrong way. I found they were kind of the opposite of the way a board is concaved. Ever skate a super old board that's gone completely flat and it feels like it's almost turned upside down? They felt like that to me. Personally I'd rather have an insole that my foot fits sort of down into, like if the sides went up around the sides of my feet a little. It'd make me feel more stable. Maybe custom-forming the orthotics would do that. That said I do understand that they kind of have to make the insoles thick in order for them to actually function.

They're not supposed to pack in at all and they're supposed to maintain their shape which they did for the most part. After a few pairs of shoes they started to rip apart.

pencil

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -131
  • my other account is abudabi
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2015, 10:15:53 PM »
Ive said this before and I will say it again
GO TO A RUNNING STORE AND HAVE THEM FIT YOU FOR INSOLES

they will be pricey, but they will last you 100x longer than these fucking gimmicks do
they will help your posture and you WILL NOTICE THE DIFFERENCE
these are insoles made to endure people pounding their feet on the ground for thousands and thousands of miles
i put 3000 miles on mine running cross country in highschool and they still work
would you rather read an abudabi post or have a screwdriver shoved up your ass?

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2015, 02:10:29 PM »
I got the Gamechangers last year, and I didn't think they'd make as much of a difference as they do. They feel great and they really help with impact and general alignment. It didn't really hit me how much I liked them until I went to the park wearing a pair of hand me down Janoski's my friend lent me and it just straight up hurt to do tricks in them. The price tag isn't pretty, but they're definitely worth it.

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2015, 05:28:06 AM »
Gamechangers seem to work for me better than the custom made orthopaedic insoles I had before.

saltusnaut

• Rep: 36
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2015, 10:52:55 AM »
Definitely not a gimmick. They not only help on impact they also lessen the shatter when skating rough spots. Well worth the money if you can afford them imo.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2015, 03:18:48 PM »
I have flat feet and plantar fasciitis, and I use the gamechangers.  I no longer have sore feet after skating even though I find myself tapping my shoes around to make sure that the insole feels lined up (not because they shift around in the shoe, but I've developed this idiosyncracy/ritual).  I also feel more stable all around and honestly my knees and back would probably have kept me from skateboarding if I didn't start using these things when they first came out.  I wish I had these things when I first started or at least when I used to jump down gaps and stairs when I was 15-20.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 03:37:00 PM by layzieyez »

The Woodsman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2015, 04:02:11 PM »
Well I ordered the game changers and a pair of the kingfoams, one for skating and one for work (I load trucks in 12 hour shifts so my feet hurt when I'm done) thanks a lot for all the input guys.
-Gandhi

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 92
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2015, 02:49:55 PM »
I had the Gamechangers and they were great, adding an arch into my shoes stopped me from getting sore legs, back and knees being at work standing up all day. Took a while to get used to skating a shoe with arch support though.

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2016, 11:29:51 AM »
What's the difference between Gamechangers lites, PUs and custom orthotics other than the customs costing $20 more?

micky682

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2016, 02:32:28 PM »
They may help you skate longer, but that doesn't mean you'll skate better. You lose a considerable amount of board feel depending on if you use Vulc or Cup. Vulc shoes are better with stock insoles.

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2016, 02:47:06 PM »
has anyone here tried the regular kingfoam insoles and the kingfoam elite insoles?? is there that much of a difference between them?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 09:30:20 PM by ducky darnsworth »

unerds

• Rep: -3
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2016, 03:11:46 PM »
They may help you skate longer, but that doesn't mean you'll skate better. You lose a considerable amount of board feel depending on if you use Vulc or Cup. Vulc shoes are better with stock insoles.

vulcs with solid insoles are kinda like the poor man's cup sole... stiffens them up a bit and helps with impact.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2016, 03:17:12 PM »
I got gamechangers and kingfoams. The gc's almost have too much arch support. I'm running them in BA's as well, maybe need to try them in a less supportive shoe. The kingfoams are pretty worthless. They also need better instructions. I can't find any info about he pads, do you take them off or what.
you never know about pre-cum 

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2016, 03:22:02 PM »
I got gamechangers and kingfoams. The gc's almost have too much arch support. I'm running them in BA's as well, maybe need to try them in a less supportive shoe. The kingfoams are pretty worthless. They also need better instructions. I can't find any info about he pads, do you take them off or what.

BA's already have a great arch support so maybe thats why they add even more to it.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2016, 05:35:00 PM »

I got the BAs without them and am skating Lakai Griffins with the Kingfoams. I dont think you need em on the BA's cause as SKATAN said they have amazing arch support.

In my experience the Kingfoams work really well in most cupnsoles that have a flat stock insole. I've skated the Kingfoams in a lot of emerica's and es's .

I tried to fit em in Dunks once and it was a horrible idea - i noticed they dont work well in most Nike's cupsoles.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2016, 05:46:10 PM »

Most people would probably rather not have to deal with them. Currently I have no choice 'cause my feet hurt.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2016, 07:03:53 PM »
I've been skating the jaws kingfoam elites recently since I'm wearing some vulc fallens. I like to wear them around for about an hour before I actually go skating to warm up and activate the foam since it's kind of stiff at first. They are so thick they feel like they conform to the shape of my feet when they do get warm. I haven't noticed a loss in board feel. These insoles seem to actually get better the more I skate in them instead of breaking down.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2016, 08:21:01 PM »
I've had my game changers for about a monthor 2 now, I can feel the difference. I have normal size arches, if you want to know what kind you have, go to wal mart or look up the nearest dr schools kiosk where you stand on a thing to be fitted for their insoles, it take a couple minutes and at the end it tells you what kind of arch you have.

When ever i put on a pair of shoes now without the game changers in them, i can tel that the arch support isnt there. It feels nice and solid under my foot. Didnt fit in all my shoes though, a couple were way to tight but they fit great in Huf Dylans, Lakai Guy mars and cons weapons. I had less luck in the huf liberty and sutter.

I always switch the insoles to my game changers now when ever i change shoes. I guess they do help, once you feel the arch support, and then un feel, there's gotta be something good happening i would think. As far as the impact protection, It's good, my feet feel fine after skating, but i dont jump off anything over 2 feet.

I want a couple more of them honestly.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Stoeipoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2016, 05:54:16 AM »
I'm three times as good with the footprint insoles.
Bitches call me pussy, the horse filler.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2016, 01:45:12 PM »
I've had the GameChanger, Orthotics, and King Foam. Along with the old Medic Insoles from Remind and Dr.Scholls active series. I also have pretty low arches.
Kingfoam feel nice, no arch support whatsoever. Orthotics feel okay but after a while they hurt my arches after a while. Gamechangers feel alright but the arch felt to hard for me and my arches eventually got cramps. The Remind insoles probably flattened out and are better for walking around. Dr. Scholls are okay, kinda similar to the older Ultra Cush HD insoles but with a hard plastic middle, is did hurt after a while and could definitely use more cushion in the heel.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Lonechicken

• Rep: 11
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2016, 07:35:03 AM »
I've had the GameChanger, Orthotics, and King Foam. Along with the old Medic Insoles from Remind and Dr.Scholls active series. I also have pretty low arches.
Kingfoam feel nice, no arch support whatsoever. Orthotics feel okay but after a while they hurt my arches after a while. Gamechangers feel alright but the arch felt to hard for me and my arches eventually got cramps. The Remind insoles probably flattened out and are better for walking around. Dr. Scholls are okay, kinda similar to the older Ultra Cush HD insoles but with a hard plastic middle, is did hurt after a while and could definitely use more cushion in the heel.

Kingfoams do feel nice. I always have to do the DIY arch insert underneath, and it's perfect. Squishes down so that the arch is supported but not too hard to hurt.

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2016, 08:37:55 AM »
I tried the Kingfoam Orthotics and couldn't stand how obtrusive the arch-support was.

I then tried the GameChangers and for the first time in my life I had back pain and leg pain from simply skating around (no jumping whatsoever). Like, blinding, unfathomable pain.

I finally tried the Kingfoam Flat insoles and ditched them simply due to uncomfortability. I cut them to fit my shoe perfectly, rounded the edges with sandpaper to fit better, and I STILL couldn't shake how unnatural they felt.

So, three Footrpint's products, something like $110 spent total, and I gave up on ALL of them.

It sucks, I need impact protection more than anything (I get sore heels from skating flat sometimes). I skate Busenitz Vulcs exclusively and the stock insoles in there are laughable, but I guess I'm fucked.

If anyone at Footprint is reading this: help me out.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 08:41:06 AM by MyUserName »

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2016, 11:13:46 AM »
I tried the Kingfoam Orthotics and couldn't stand how obtrusive the arch-support was.

I then tried the GameChangers and for the first time in my life I had back pain and leg pain from simply skating around (no jumping whatsoever). Like, blinding, unfathomable pain.

I finally tried the Kingfoam Flat insoles and ditched them simply due to uncomfortability. I cut them to fit my shoe perfectly, rounded the edges with sandpaper to fit better, and I STILL couldn't shake how unnatural they felt.

So, three Footrpint's products, something like $110 spent total, and I gave up on ALL of them.

It sucks, I need impact protection more than anything (I get sore heels from skating flat sometimes). I skate Busenitz Vulcs exclusively and the stock insoles in there are laughable, but I guess I'm fucked.

If anyone at Footprint is reading this: help me out.
Do you know what kind of arch you have?

« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 12:27:52 PM by johnes »
I’m a fat Siamese cat.