Author Topic: Footprint insoles  (Read 32544 times)

Tracer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
Re: Footprint insoles
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2016, 12:14:40 PM »
Insoles are for jerkoffs, guys basically get fleeced out of 50$ for a piece of foam

Colden removes the insoles and still jumps huge shit. Don't be a victim

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2016, 12:50:18 PM »
Trevor Colden believes vaccines cause autism.

unerds

• Rep: -3
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2016, 01:25:31 PM »
trevor colden treats objects like women, man!

seriously tho - anti vax?  skaters sure as fucking hell aren't doctors.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2016, 01:43:32 PM »
I've come to realize that my knee problem will be solved by losing some of this gut and strengthening it with exercise, not with $50 snake oil insoles.
you never know about pre-cum 

Lonechicken

• Rep: 11
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2016, 06:43:16 AM »
Wait, who the fuck is spending $50 on insoles unless it's custom? Is that Canadian dollars?

The best insoles for skating are between $15 - $30.

unerds

• Rep: -3
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2016, 09:45:55 AM »
Wait, who the fuck is spending $50 on insoles unless it's custom? Is that Canadian dollars?

gamechangers are $44.99 for off the rack, pro model type shit that shapes to your foot.

Lonechicken

« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2016, 10:27:59 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

gamechangers are $44.99 for off the rack, pro model type shit that shapes to your foot.

I must have gotten mine during a sale, because I would have balked at that price. I still prefer Kingfoams though. Gamechangers are good in the beginning, but the hard part where the arch is gets uncomfortable down the road.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2016, 12:45:44 PM »
Are the Kingfoams softer? My Gamechangers are getting kinda hard.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2016, 05:04:06 PM »
They are but are completely flat and offer no arch support
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2016, 07:04:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

funny you say that cause i've found my kingfoams to be perfect for my feet. i guess we're each gonna have a different experience due to no two feet being the same.

also about the price..ive never paid more than $30 for the kingfoams.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Lonechicken

« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2016, 07:42:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

funny you say that cause i've found my kingfoams to be perfect for my feet. i guess we're each gonna have a different experience due to no two feet being the same.

You're right about that. Even on the same person. My left foot always seems to need a couple more millimeters of width on a shoe than the right, while my right foot needs more room on top of the mid-foot area.  :(

Such

« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2016, 07:41:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

You're right about that. Even on the same person. My left foot always seems to need a couple more millimeters of width on a shoe than the right, while my right foot needs more room on top of the mid-foot area.  :(

lol me to, left foot longer right foot wider. thank god my left foot is the longest though, im regular.

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2016, 01:29:32 AM »
I have the TK kingfoam insoles. I don't jump down shit really anymore since I have a jacked up back and I don't put them in every shoe. Only ones with super thin shitty insoles. But I feel like they really helped my plantar fasciitis out and they definitely help when landing primo. If you have a lot of foot pain I think they might be worth it. I mainly just use them in my work shoes now since it seems like most shoes I've been buying lately have had decent insoles.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2016, 07:46:53 AM »
using gamechangers right now and they give good support and padding but boardfeel is definitely lacking. I don't like the sensation of my feet being distant from the board. reminds me of the puffy sneaker days.

are there any insoles that are a happy medium?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2016, 08:09:24 AM »
using gamechangers right now and they give good support and padding but boardfeel is definitely lacking. I don't like the sensation of my feet being distant from the board. reminds me of the puffy sneaker days.

are there any insoles that are a happy medium?

Bummer. I have some of those coming in the mail today. I was using some lunarlons I pulled out of a pair of Chuck Taylors but I've had them so long that I can smell them through my shoes. The gamechangers were supposed to replace them, but if they suck like that I don't know.

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2016, 08:32:11 AM »
From personal experience, if you have fallen arches something soft like the stock lunarlon insoles offer almost no support and have almost no shock/impact protection for your joints. They do feel soft on your feet so I understand the comfort aspect.
The material of the game changers is harder, and after a few days it helps your knee and hip issues for sure.
Kinda like eating vegetables, no one really likes to do it but the benefits are very beneficial.
I am using these orthotics now.

As for the price, the material they use doesn't come cheap.
The shock absorption properties coupled with the ability to remold/form to your foot is hard to match at that price point.
The gel insoles and other options do feel great on the foot, but don't do much for the rest of your body.
I've tried every insole fp and remind make. These ones work best for my situation, if your arches are normally flat, the flat kingfoams work great.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2016, 10:06:49 AM »
From personal experience, if you have fallen arches something soft like the stock lunarlon insoles offer almost no support and have almost no shock/impact protection for your joints. They do feel soft on your feet so I understand the comfort aspect.
The material of the game changers is harder, and after a few days it helps your knee and hip issues for sure.
Kinda like eating vegetables, no one really likes to do it but the benefits are very beneficial.

The shock absorption properties coupled with the ability to remold/form to your foot is hard to match at that price point.
The gel insoles and other options do feel great on the foot, but don't do much for the rest of your body.
I've tried every insole fp and remind make. These ones work best for my situation, if your arches are normally flat, the flat kingfoams work great.

That makes me feel better. I definitely have knee and flexor pain. I thought I had ordered game changers but they're actually the custom orthotics like you have.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2016, 10:09:10 AM »
My GCs don't mess with my board feel at all, I've used them to skate in 5-6 different shoes. But since mine are perfect for me, you will probably hate them SfBs.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 10:11:19 AM by johnes »
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2016, 10:36:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That makes me feel better. I definitely have knee and flexor pain. I thought I had ordered game changers but they're actually the custom orthotics like you have.
Once I added using a foam roller daily to break up my muscles on my legs my knee issues disappeared.
Pretty sure 20+ years of skating and injuries with minimal to no stretching or rehab didn't help either, but being consistent with my stretching and exercise has done a lot.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2016, 10:46:59 AM »
My GCs don't mess with my board feel at all, I've used them to skate in 5-6 different shoes. But since mine are perfect for me, you will probably hate them SfBs.

I don't follow.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2016, 12:05:28 PM »
If anyone's on the fence and wears a 10/10.5 you can have my Jack Curtin's that I molded and wore for a day. Just paypal me like $15 and they're yours. Just cook them and mold them to your feet.
you never know about pre-cum 

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2016, 12:55:15 PM »
I used to have terrible foot pain when snowboarding, so I bought a pair of Gamechangers to see if they'd help and I guess they didn't really help all that much.

Then a month or so ago I decided to put them in my Dekline Tim Tims as the stock insole on those is a fucking joke. I used the Tim Tims only for walking around, at work and whatever. Skated a lot less than normally during that time too. Got terrible pain on my left knee out of nowhere. Couldn't even skate properly due to that. Now, I can't say that the Gamechangers caused the pain, but as soon as I took them out and put my old Habitat Getz insoles there, my knee started feeling better. Now it's almost as good as new and doesn't really affect my skating one bit anymore.

I dunno how my arches are, but I guess they're not flat at least. I could always feel the arch support on the Gamechangers and it didn't feel exactly pleasant TBH. So, from my experiences I'd say that the Gamechangers might not be some magical solution for every foot and might possibly even cause some harm with some type of a foot. Dunno. I think the flat Footprint insoles would probably work much better for me.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2016, 03:24:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Once I added using a foam roller daily to break up my muscles on my legs my knee issues disappeared.
Pretty sure 20+ years of skating and injuries with minimal to no stretching or rehab didn't help either, but being consistent with my stretching and exercise has done a lot.

this is spot on.

I started getting tendinitis after skating with an ankle sprain. so I stopped for a while and focused on rehab. I also learned about massage during that time and that has helped a lot. I use my hands instead of a foam roller. I find the muscle knots in my legs and work those out. it's painful if you have long-term build up but you can immediately feel relief. do this every other day with some stretching afterwards for about a week and your legs will feel a lot better.

as for the gamechangers, I'm going to keep using them because I can feel the improvement in my alignment. I'll have to get used to the boardfeel.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2016, 03:38:29 AM »

I gonna go ahead and order some of these now.

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2016, 03:34:51 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

has anybody used these in a pair of Vans?

I'm not a huge fan of the Vans pro insoles.. they're a little too soft/mushy (why I never dug lunarlon).  However, I like the thick heel protection. 

Are 'gamechangers' for more flat-feeted people like myself? 

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2016, 03:58:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

I'm not a huge fan of the Vans pro insoles.. they're a little too soft/mushy (why I never dug lunarlon).  However, I like the thick heel protection. 

Are 'gamechangers' for more flat-feeted people like myself? 
According to their website yes. I've got terrible flat feet so I'll let you know how they feel once I get them.

Such

« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2016, 03:33:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

works just fine. they have atleast twice as much heel protection as the ultracush when theyre new. makes basic vulc shoes feel like supportive cupsole shoes.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2016, 11:31:37 AM »
I ordered the Gamechangers and they sent me the King Foams. Called them to tell them they made an error and the guy was adamant the were Gamechangers in King Foam packaging and I was adamant they were not. He puts me on hold and another guy gets on the phone and I tell him what's going on so he puts me on hold and when he comes back he said that I was right and he'll send me another pair today. I'll wait for them to arrive before I consider sending the others back.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2016, 11:37:52 AM »
The orthotics took some getting used to, and they aren't as comfortable as lunarlons but I can definitely feel the difference in my knees and ankles. Worth it.

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2016, 11:35:11 AM »
Took advantage of the sale they had last weekend and ordered 3 new kingfoam orthotics. Been using these for the past 3 years and they honestly work the best. Can't skate a shoe without them. Wasn't a fan of the Gamechangers, and definitely did not like the flat Kingfoams.

If you're on the fence, just get the kingfoam orthotics. Best shit ever 
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham