Author Topic: Footprint insoles  (Read 32545 times)

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Footprint insoles
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2016, 11:41:16 AM »
Took advantage of the sale they had last weekend and ordered 3 new kingfoam orthotics. Been using these for the past 3 years and they honestly work the best. Can't skate a shoe without them. Wasn't a fan of the Gamechangers, and definitely did not like the flat Kingfoams.

If you're on the fence, just get the kingfoam orthotics. Best shit ever 

what's the difference between the GCs and the kingfoam orthotics?

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2016, 12:24:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Took advantage of the sale they had last weekend and ordered 3 new kingfoam orthotics. Been using these for the past 3 years and they honestly work the best. Can't skate a shoe without them. Wasn't a fan of the Gamechangers, and definitely did not like the flat Kingfoams.

[close]

GCs you heat in the oven to mold to your arch and feel a little more rigid after they cool off, while the KOs rely on your body heat to mold to your foot and feel a little softer.

h00man

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2016, 02:53:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

GCs you heat in the oven to mold to your arch and feel a little more rigid after they cool off, while the KOs rely on your body heat to mold to your foot and feel a little softer.

And they're cheaper
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2016, 04:39:56 PM »
The game changers don't have the kingfoam to absorb all the shock.
They do work wonders for aligning your body, but I noticed I was considerably more sore after skating using the game changers vs the kingfoam orthotics .

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2016, 06:31:08 PM »
how about boardfeel? which is better? the GCs feel weird to me still but I have to admit my joints feel better.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2016, 08:47:58 PM »
I want to try the KF orthodontics but i'm kinda worried i'm too used the GC's already.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Such

« Reply #66 on: June 04, 2016, 02:48:57 PM »
im coming back from a sprained ankle (i dont know if thats the right word but i fucking rolled it like a bitch) when i start skating again im planing on getting some dunk hi´s i think. they seem like the most supportive shoe out. i need something that i cant roll my ankle in until my foot heals properly. would game changers be the best to go along? or would footprints be a bad idea since it puts you higher of the ground? my foot is also misaligned, i dont know how its going to turn out but will footprints help with this? i was skating the ones that have arch support but form to your foot just by body heat, but ive never noticed them helping against rolling your ankle.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #67 on: June 04, 2016, 10:56:28 PM »
i need something that i cant roll my ankle in until my foot heals properly

Let your foot heal properly first. Do exercises to strengthen your ankle, and if you need something to really prevent your ankle from rolling, wear ankle braces. Hi top shoes don't cut it in many cases.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #68 on: June 04, 2016, 11:27:58 PM »
Just tried my game changers for the first time today and they worked wonders for me. I feel no pain on my left foot that i was constantly feeling with regular insoles due to my flat feet specially more on my left one. Will def continue to buy.

Such

« Reply #69 on: June 05, 2016, 07:14:22 AM »
Expand Quote
i need something that i cant roll my ankle in until my foot heals properly
[close]

Let your foot heal properly first. Do exercises to strengthen your ankle, and if you need something to really prevent your ankle from rolling, wear ankle braces. Hi top shoes don't cut it in many cases.
but surely a hi top that is tied tight has more support than a lowtop? i know your ankles get stronger when you wear lowtops but its just untill it heals. hi top with a brace was my plan.

Such

« Reply #70 on: June 05, 2016, 07:19:52 AM »

johnes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #71 on: June 05, 2016, 09:16:58 AM »
The rounded edges of cupsole make it easier to roll your ankle compared to a flat vulc.  Maybe try a high or mid vulc with the footprint insoles.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Such

« Reply #72 on: June 05, 2016, 09:39:48 AM »
The rounded edges of cupsole make it easier to roll your ankle compared to a flat vulc.  Maybe try a high or mid vulc with the footprint insoles.

WHAT? i thought it was the other way around? that the rounded edges made for a more controlled roll, where as the 90 degree edge made for a sudden yank. i mean cups are always more supportive than vulcs. never once rolled anything in a cupsole.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #73 on: June 05, 2016, 12:36:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

WHAT? i thought it was the other way around? that the rounded edges made for a more controlled roll, where as the 90 degree edge made for a sudden yank. i mean cups are always more supportive than vulcs. never once rolled anything in a cupsole.
Weird, I've only hurt my ankle in Cupsoles.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Such

« Reply #74 on: June 05, 2016, 04:18:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Weird, I've only hurt my ankle in Cupsoles.

i never thought about it either until i watched this video 1:25 http://skateboarding.transworld.net/videos/2015-footwear-guide-lakai/

Lonechicken

• Rep: 11
« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2016, 09:06:16 AM »
now im torn

http://hemanklerehab.com/ankle-braces-increase-sprains/

Yeah, I've been telling people this for a couple of years. Mid-tops and high-top shoes too.

one80

• Rep: 14
« Reply #76 on: June 08, 2016, 01:42:05 PM »
just got some game changers in the mail today and baked/molded them before I got to work. the support is instantly noticeable and I basically just came on here to spread the good word. if you're thinking about grabbing some, do it. worth every penny.

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #77 on: June 10, 2016, 11:40:31 AM »
damn so now I'm torn (or confused)... should I grab the kingfoam orthotics or the gamechangers?

I have flat feet, very low arch's (the wife affectionately calls them fred flinstone feet).  i'm an old bastard so no hopping down stairs/gaps at this point, just park and transition and curbs, the usual old man stuff.  I still like some good heel cushioning.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #78 on: June 10, 2016, 12:19:27 PM »
damn so now I'm torn (or confused)... should I grab the kingfoam orthotics or the gamechangers?

I have flat feet, very low arch's (the wife affectionately calls them fred flinstone feet).  i'm an old bastard so no hopping down stairs/gaps at this point, just park and transition and curbs, the usual old man stuff.  I still like some good heel cushioning.

Gamechangers aren't super cushy, but they're comfortable and good for your feet. Kingfoams I believe are more like cushions.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #79 on: June 10, 2016, 01:55:04 PM »
So for the first time I'm switching my game changers to a new shoe, and it almost feels different maybe because the shoe is still new and stiff (Figgys). Also I'm guessing its because the Figgys have the sock liner that makes the shoe extra tight because the game changers are thicker than the stock insoles. Had to stretch out to shoe for it to stop hurting.

ungzilla

« Reply #80 on: June 10, 2016, 06:59:00 PM »
they talk about all this stuff on their site. if you have high arches and tend to roll ankles outwards, they suggest you NOT get the ones with arch support.

"HIGH ARCH

You need an impact absorbing insole without arch support to combat Supination.

Supination

The exact opposite of Over Pronation. Your arch is too high which causes your ankle to roll outwards upon impact.

You tend to roll and sprain your ankle
Get heel bruises
More likely to break your ankle.
Because your ankle leans outwards, orthotics/arch support will generally be ineffective. Most impact is sent to your heels and forefoot so you need as much impact protection as possible. This is why we have specially made our kingfoam insoles series for you."

also RE: braces, i used to constantly roll my ankles and i was constantly wearing braces and hightops. I'm on low or mids now and no braces. Eventually got around the psychic crutch of needing to be in my braces to skate, and i rarely fuck my ankle up anymore, and when it does happen, it's way less severe. but maybe just due to being way less fat than I used to be.

Such

« Reply #81 on: June 11, 2016, 08:03:50 AM »
they talk about all this stuff on their site. if you have high arches and tend to roll ankles outwards, they suggest you NOT get the ones with arch support.

"HIGH ARCH

Supination

The exact opposite of Over Pronation. Your arch is too high which causes your ankle to roll outwards upon impact.

Get heel bruises
Because your ankle leans outwards, orthotics/arch support will generally be ineffective. Most impact is sent to your heels and forefoot so you need as much impact protection as possible. This is why we have specially made our kingfoam insoles series for you."

also RE: braces, i used to constantly roll my ankles and i was constantly wearing braces and hightops. I'm on low or mids now and no braces. Eventually got around the psychic crutch of needing to be in my braces to skate, and i rarely fuck my ankle up anymore, and when it does happen, it's way less severe. but maybe just due to being way less fat than I used to be.

ill never understand how you can roll your ankle outwards

micky682

« Reply #82 on: June 11, 2016, 09:52:54 AM »
I do it almost everyday, not full ankle sprains but if my foot steps weird or I plant it on real fast it just rolls outward. I usually catch it in time.

Such

« Reply #83 on: June 11, 2016, 04:22:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I do it almost everyday, not full ankle sprains but if my foot steps weird or I plant it on real fast it just rolls outward. I usually catch it in time.

ugh never mind i read that as rolling your FOOT outwards. that happens but its really hard.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #84 on: June 11, 2016, 11:57:09 PM »

"HIGH ARCH

Supination

Get heel bruises

Yeah I have high arches and I fucking hated the game changers. Stuck with $45 insoles I wore twice.
you never know about pre-cum 

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
    • frozen in carbonite avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #85 on: July 12, 2016, 06:19:55 AM »
anyone know what these lil' adhesive pads that come with the gamechangers are for (sorry bout img size):

Doughboy

• Rep: 21
  • Coffee and Advil
« Reply #86 on: July 12, 2016, 06:30:10 AM »
^^^ They are heel pads. You can peel the paper thing off and stick them to the bottom of your insole for a little more cushion in the heel area. They don't really do too much because they are only like 2mm thick, but I usually use them on my FP insoles.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #87 on: July 12, 2016, 06:48:38 AM »
Those things make it feel like you have something in your shoe. They're a pain in the ass.

N.L.

« Reply #88 on: July 12, 2016, 08:43:24 AM »
I use the heel pad things. feel good especially in worn out shoes.

in all honesty though i prefer the remind medics. they really cradle the foot nicely and feel more supportive than the footprints.

Mongoloid

« Reply #89 on: July 12, 2016, 08:56:06 AM »
I gotta say.. They aren't really all that thick, but I absolutely love PF Flyer stock insoles. Probably the most comfortable I've felt since returning to skating.

As far as FP's I'm rocking some rightnow in a secondary pair of shoes. I cannot seem to get along with them at all.