Author Topic: Footprint insoles  (Read 32539 times)

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Footprint insoles
« Reply #90 on: July 12, 2016, 09:00:12 AM »
now that I'm used to the Gamechangers, I'm liking them quite a bit. my legs and feet feel less sore. there is a bit of a sacrifice in the boardfeel department but I think it's worth it to preserve your body for a while longer.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #91 on: July 12, 2016, 09:04:30 AM »
With these insoles, its all about finding the right shoe to accommodate them. If you try and stuff insoles that are 20mm thick in a shoe that was built for an insole 5mm thick, your foot will be dangerously high off the ground, be more prone to ankle rolls, and the shoe might not fit anymore.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #92 on: July 12, 2016, 09:07:45 AM »
With these insoles, its all about finding the right shoe to accommodate them. If you try and stuff insoles that are 20mm thick in a shoe that was built for an insole 5mm thick, your foot will be dangerously high off the ground, be more prone to ankle rolls, and the shoe might not fit anymore.

what shoe brands/models do you think they are good for? I've been using them in Emerica vulcs.

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #93 on: July 12, 2016, 10:02:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

what shoe brands/models do you think they are good for? I've been using them in Emerica vulcs.

If you use the thinner footprint kingfoams 5-10mm, those will fit pretty much any shoe fine, and I use those in my low tops, like the reynolds vulc or the figgys. However, some shoes like the project ba have very thin insoles and shouldn't be replaced imo.

I think the lunarlon insoles that come in the Koston 1/2 and the Cons CTS most closely mirror the size of my footprint gamechangers and orthotics. I recently got the Hsu g6 though, and the bigger insoles seem to fit just fine in those (probably because they're mids), but when I tried them in my Reynolds mid, it made my foot sit way too high.

When I use aftermarket insoles, I measure the height of the insole I am replacing to make sure they're similar, then after fitting them in the shoe, try to roll my ankles to see how easy it is (it shouldn't roll, your foot should feel stable and not shift around inside the shoe).

patrick c.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 23
« Reply #94 on: April 18, 2017, 07:27:42 AM »
Sorry for the thread bump but I've searched and couldn't find much relevant information. I'm considering a pair of Gamechangers and want to make sure I get the right type for my shoe.  I'm planning on using them in a pair of Vans Rowley Solos(with the removable Ultacush HD insoles).  Will the Gamechangers fit these?  The heel on the Rowleys is fairly low to begin with and I'm concerned the FP's will be too high for the shoe.  Would the Gamechangers Lite work better? Appreciate any advice/links to other threads if this has been discussed already. 
All you got is today, get out and skate.

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #95 on: April 18, 2017, 08:36:40 AM »
I say like firebert says, measure the insole you wanna swap also for those who don't know which ones to get, I highly suggest if you have an arch stick to the footprint elites but if you have flat feet get the ones with arch support
yes

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #96 on: April 18, 2017, 09:22:42 AM »
Sorry for the thread bump but I've searched and couldn't find much relevant information. I'm considering a pair of Gamechangers and want to make sure I get the right type for my shoe.  I'm planning on using them in a pair of Vans Rowley Solos(with the removable Ultacush HD insoles).  Will the Gamechangers fit these?  The heel on the Rowleys is fairly low to begin with and I'm concerned the FP's will be too high for the shoe.  Would the Gamechangers Lite work better? Appreciate any advice/links to other threads if this has been discussed already. 

I regularly replace my ultracush with them and they still fit fine. I believe the gamechangers/kingfoam orthotics will be at most 1-2 mm thicker than the ultracush insoles, but it shouldn't be too noticeable.

Should be noted that FP now makes an even thinner (3mm) gamechanger now that fits virtually any shoe.

patrick c.

« Reply #97 on: April 18, 2017, 09:29:29 AM »
^Appreciate the info Firebert & Rob

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: -7
« Reply #98 on: April 18, 2017, 01:54:56 PM »
agree on finding a shoe that works with the insole.

gamechangers are too wide for SB dunks, but the dunks give enough arch support that im okay with the stock insoles.

Gamechangers are great in my Herman G6's

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #99 on: April 18, 2017, 02:53:49 PM »

gamechangers are too wide for SB dunks, but the dunks give enough arch support that im okay with the stock insoles.

How does that make sense? The Dunk insole is thicker than game changers, and you can trim the width, whereas the herman g6 insole is 3mm, so my heel won't even lock in when I put normal gamechangers in those.

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: -7
« Reply #100 on: April 20, 2017, 02:21:35 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

How does that make sense? The Dunk insole is thicker than game changers, and you can trim the width, whereas the herman g6 insole is 3mm, so my heel won't even lock in when I put normal gamechangers in those.

I didn't want to trim the width as it would mess up the arch support in my other shoes.
Also the  dunks I have are some premium ones with really thick leather on the sides which doesn't like to stretch out.

Mine fit great in my G6's after I trimmed the front.

patrick c.

« Reply #101 on: July 07, 2017, 02:51:47 PM »
Sorry for bumping the thread again but I just wanted to ask if anyone had any issues rolling their ankles in Kingfoam Orthotics? I'm wearing mine for the first time at work today and it feels like the arch is putting my heel in a weird position(if that makes any sense).  Is this just part of the break-in process?  I really love them otherwise(I'm on my feet a lot at my job and don't feel any soreness mid day).

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #102 on: July 08, 2017, 12:26:03 AM »
Sorry for bumping the thread again but I just wanted to ask if anyone had any issues rolling their ankles in Kingfoam Orthotics? I'm wearing mine for the first time at work today and it feels like the arch is putting my heel in a weird position(if that makes any sense).  Is this just part of the break-in process?  I really love them otherwise(I'm on my feet a lot at my job and don't feel any soreness mid day).

This can definitely be the case. Most skate shoes have no arch support, but since the orthotics do, and are designed to align your feet/legs properly, sometimes they can put your feet in a position where your ankle is more rolled outward by a bit, and because its probably thicker than the stock insole, lifts your foot higher off the ground, and this obviously leaves you a little more susceptible to ankle rolls.

It should be okay as long as the insoles don't lift your feet up too high from your shoes and as long as your shoes arent too floppy without any structure. I skate in braces too so I've never had an instance of the insoles actually causing me to roll my ankle but I know exactly what you mean. Once you skate a set for a while they will flatten out a bit and the effect will be less significant. If it feels to sketchy just dont skate with them and use them in your non skate shoes, still a great investment.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #103 on: July 08, 2017, 07:53:43 PM »
You can also minimize roll with a wider sole.

I don't understand switching out really thick insoles like ultracush or Lunarlon for aftermarket insoles because in general you've gotten some more arch support but no net improvement in cushioning.

I haven't had a problem adding fatter insoles to G6s even though my foot sits a bit higher.

You can roll an ankle in any shoe (flat, wide, high, low - I've done it) but I when trying on shoes I'll usually test by tilting my shoe 30 degrees or so and you can feel if the shoe wants to roll more or return to flat.

patrick c.

« Reply #104 on: July 09, 2017, 04:30:40 PM »
I don't understand switching out really thick insoles like ultracush or Lunarlon for aftermarket insoles because in general you've gotten some more arch support but no net improvement in cushioning.
A lot of my skating is just pushing across town and after a few hours my arches get really sore.  I felt the Footprint Orthotics would help with this and I still imagine they will.  I appreciate the feedback Willie and Tzhangdox.  I will probably end up waiting to skate them in a mid or high top.

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #105 on: July 14, 2017, 11:51:31 AM »
The theory is that the unique density of the "kingfoam" absorbs more impact due to the egg test, which is I guess sorta scientific.
I haven't had a problem adding fatter insoles to G6s even though my foot sits a bit higher.
I have. I put gamechangers in reynolds (cup) and sprained my ankle, just my experience though.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #106 on: October 23, 2017, 08:45:20 PM »
Coming to realise i need better insoles because even brand new lunarlon is starting to make my feet sore. I've been looking at the Footprint Kingfoam Flat insoles, are these ones i can just take out the packaging and run with or is there more steps?

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #107 on: October 23, 2017, 09:03:03 PM »
I never really liked those ones because they are completely flat with no arch support whatsoever. I would recommend the fp kingfoam elite(which are more dense and take a while to break in), or the orthotics(not the game changers).

redhatchet

• Rep: 44
« Reply #108 on: October 24, 2017, 05:52:21 PM »
Glad someone bumped this. A pair of States and my gamechangers as a result, have what looks like mold on them. Much more prevalent in the shoe. So I think the sole is getting it by being in contact. Can’t remember keeping them stored or anything other than my house. Anyone have advice for getting mold spores off insoles or the under sole of shoes? I mainly just care about not getting my insoles completely gross/fucked. Didn’t wanna make a new thread.
Maybe I'm just so cool I wanna die.

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #109 on: October 24, 2017, 06:14:41 PM »
Glad someone bumped this. A pair of States and my gamechangers as a result, have what looks like mold on them. Much more prevalent in the shoe. So I think the sole is getting it by being in contact. Can’t remember keeping them stored or anything other than my house. Anyone have advice for getting mold spores off insoles or the under sole of shoes? I mainly just care about not getting my insoles completely gross/fucked. Didn’t wanna make a new thread.

I guess try wipe them off and then leave them out in the sun for a while. Otherwise I'm sure theres some kind of spray for this on amazon or something.

Smartass

• Rep: 46
« Reply #110 on: February 26, 2018, 09:31:31 AM »
Sorry to revive an old thread, but has anyone with game changers notice that they get really stiff in the morning?

Recently picked some up, had them molded and what not, and have been noticing that in the morning that they're pretty stiff and take a good while to warm up and get more comfortable.

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #111 on: February 26, 2018, 11:13:34 AM »
Sorry to revive an old thread, but has anyone with game changers notice that they get really stiff in the morning?

Recently picked some up, had them molded and what not, and have been noticing that in the morning that they're pretty stiff and take a good while to warm up and get more comfortable.

Gamechangers are supposed to be pretty stiff. If you want a softer insole, go with the orthotics - they mold with your body heat and are for mid to low arches.

Smartass

« Reply #112 on: February 26, 2018, 11:18:05 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Gamechangers are supposed to be pretty stiff. If you want a softer insole, go with the orthotics - they mold with your body heat and are for mid to low arches.

Thanks Bert, I'll pick up a pair of the orthotics and see which I prefer.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #113 on: February 26, 2018, 02:04:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I'll add that in the mornings my kingfoam orthotics seem stiffer in the arch, but not in and uncomfortable way

Smartass

« Reply #114 on: February 26, 2018, 02:23:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I'll add that in the mornings my kingfoam orthotics seem stiffer in the arch, but not in and uncomfortable way

For Me it seems like its the pad under the balls of the feet that get stiff in the morning and get better throughout the day in the game changers. I ordered the kingfoam orthotics, and while use the game changers until these get here.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #115 on: June 20, 2018, 09:05:18 PM »
what's going on with footprint? they've been out of lots of sizes for a long time. are they going out of business? are they in the middle of renovations or something? maybe euro tm knows.

Pigeon

« Reply #116 on: June 20, 2018, 10:31:20 PM »
what's going on with footprint? they've been out of lots of sizes for a long time. are they going out of business? are they in the middle of renovations or something? maybe euro tm knows.
How are there shoes not on clearance?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #117 on: June 20, 2018, 10:37:20 PM »
How are their shoes actually a thing?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

mattdlx

• Rep: 165
« Reply #118 on: June 21, 2018, 03:53:04 PM »

*Beavis&Butthead meme*
SPB!