Author Topic: DEAR CRAILTAP, STOP EVERYTHING NOW!  (Read 11800 times)

wattscain

Re: DEAR CRAILTAP, STOP EVERYTHING NOW!
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2015, 02:16:34 PM »
Expand Quote
I've been skating almost 30 years and I have not seen any significant differences between boards outside of shapes (pointy noses, round noses, narrow tails, etc.). Honestly, I don't think most skaters could tell the difference if they were really challenged. Take a bunch of boards from various companies, no graphics, no distinguishing markers like staining or stamps, cut them all the same shape and width, and then have skaters try them out and see if they can name the manufacturer. I have a feeling that a lot of these arguments about whose boards are better will fall apart. 
[close]

Bullshit!!! They might not be able to tell what exact wood shop it is, but they could definitely tell that some were way better than others. I've had old Blitz boards that no one (not just me, but my friends when I passed it around to try) could skate because they were flat and lifeless (felt like they'd been soaked in water for a week and left to dry out before selling).

That's pretty much what I'm proposing. You can decide which board is better but it may not be the brand you expected.

360 frip

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2015, 04:52:29 PM »
I've been skating almost 30 years and I have not seen any significant differences between boards outside of shapes (pointy noses, round noses, narrow tails, etc.). Honestly, I don't think most skaters could tell the difference if they were really challenged. Take a bunch of boards from various companies, no graphics, no distinguishing markers like staining or stamps, cut them all the same shape and width, and then have skaters try them out and see if they can name the manufacturer. I have a feeling that a lot of these arguments about whose boards are better will fall apart. 

I've been skating for 20 years and I'd be very surprised if you couldn't tell a difference. Maybe you just wouldn't give a shit,  but that's a different matter.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2015, 05:34:37 PM »
Girl's graphics have been bland for a while, I'd agree with that part. Chocolate still on point.

IMO Chocolate has had the best graphics going around for years.

cornholio

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2015, 08:00:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
yeah, i got my business degree from everest too
[close]

[close]

jesus christ you fuckhead, you got so excited to post your "hilarious" video that you skipped ahead of every other comment, missing the fact that the same video was posted by me AND you werent even smart enough to embed it
Haha oh darn.

OldmanEpic

« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2015, 08:29:55 PM »
Ive only ever skated girl boards in the mid 90's. Still wish I put that Koston "super cock" on my wall.

Back then they snapped way easy. Cant speak for today however.

Im no skateboard wood expert, never even looked into it. But i will say the two best boards ive ever riden were adrenalin, i think it was a matt reason deck? Cant remember. And a gawd awful graphic, think tag deck. I skated like 60 of those. Loved that board to death

Wtf made those boards????

tranny curb

• Rep: -52
« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2015, 08:48:49 PM »
Ive only ever skated girl boards in the mid 90's. Still wish I put that Koston "super cock" on my wall.

Back then they snapped way easy. Cant speak for today however.

Im no skateboard wood expert, never even looked into it. But i will say the two best boards ive ever riden were adrenalin, i think it was a matt reason deck? Cant remember. And a gawd awful graphic, think tag deck. I skated like 60 of those. Loved that board to death

Wtf made those boards????
chapman
Scott Bourne is the poor man's Maya Angelou.

OldmanEpic

« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2015, 09:14:00 PM »
Chapman made both? Or just the think board?

Weĺl i guess im gay for chapman wood

sid vicious

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2015, 09:52:20 PM »
I like girl/chocolate decks & shapes......I like the boxier nose and tails,
wheels are rubbish,
Clothing is on point,

In Australia they get completely misrepresented by globe distribution, and placed in surf shops.