Author Topic: Regular Chucks question  (Read 1592 times)

Early Hokus Pokus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -59
Regular Chucks question
« on: March 09, 2015, 10:13:12 AM »
Are regular chucks skatesable? like the ones you could get at journeys or whatever. Whats the difference aside form lunarlon?

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
Re: Regular Chucks question
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 10:27:56 AM »
Are regular chucks skatesable? like the ones you could get at journeys or whatever. Whats the difference aside form lunarlon?

ever skate vans slip ons? their thinner and floppier than those. ive never worn the lunar ones, but i think theyre a little thicker and tougher than the regular ones, and the insoles would probably save your feet a lot.

i have a pair of regular chucks, but i dont skate in them. ive messed around in them and they feel fine, but they dont feel like a shoe you would want to skate all day in. not to diss anyone who skates them, but they seem very fashion over function to me as a skate shoe.

snaked plissken

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • FxOxAxD
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 10:36:56 AM »
hey man i don't wanna be a dick, but WHY DON'T YOU USE THE GODDAMN SEARCH FUNCTION. every week someone asks a stupid chuck taylor question. and i hope this doesn't help at all.

Early Hokus Pokus

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 10:43:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

ever skate vans slip ons? their thinner and floppier than those. ive never worn the lunar ones, but i think theyre a little thicker and tougher than the regular ones, and the insoles would probably save your feet a lot.

i have a pair of regular chucks, but i dont skate in them. ive messed around in them and they feel fine, but they dont feel like a shoe you would want to skate all day in. not to diss anyone who skates them, but they seem very fashion over function to me as a skate shoe.

Will definitely buy

Heather Chandler

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 01:08:50 PM »
This thread hurts my feet just looking at it.

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2015, 02:11:02 PM »
Reg chucks are cool to skate, but are like socks in terms of close-to-foot fit goes and are pretty floppy. Lunarlon ones feel wider and more like a normal skate shoe.

Boomhauer

• Rep: 43
  • Yep
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2015, 04:32:58 PM »
Reg chucks are cool to skate, but are like socks in terms of close-to-foot fit goes and are pretty floppy. Lunarlon ones feel wider and more like a normal skate shoe.

who's that in ur sig

franquietits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 62
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2015, 04:50:11 PM »
I've skated a pair. Their cool, but probably not as good as cons versions. (Haven't skated those but I've had feedback from others who did.)

-Sole is grippy, but the felt pattern around it makes it feel less grippy after awhile. Tearing it out out can help: its painstaking.

-The side sole (flick area) doesn't feel like a nice softer grade of skate grip (their more like a harder type) that you'd get in most actual skate vulcs (works but, I didn't enjoy this myself).

-Thin canvas rips easy. Shoe goo will help.

-good board-feel. a little too thin though.

-Insoles don't have good much cush and hurt after awhile. I scraped them out in mine (wouldn't recommend. it's a nightmare) and placed "etc hi pros" in them, but my feet still get kinda sore after awhile.

-They look good though and do work to an extent & can last if you put some modifications into it (the effort might not be worth it), but I'd say trying out an actual cons version would probably be more beneficial to your skating. I'd definitely forgo normal chucks if I was choosing between the two. If you already have them though like I did, then why not I guess.  :)   

violentpizza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
  • pregnant pussy
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2015, 05:46:11 PM »
I have a pair but I dont really "skate" in them. It's all cruiser board, ollie up a curb type shit. They're great for that.

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2015, 01:51:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

who's that in ur sig

Seeing as you're Boomhauer, I would think you would know all the fine ladies  8)

It's Caitlyn Paterson, cute Aussie babe.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2015, 04:02:13 AM »
If you dig the insoles out and replace them with some lunarlon ones, they feel pretty damn good.
Make sure to shoe goo the ollie areas, and they'll last for a good month or so, maybe longer too if you don't skate as often. You could shoe goo the toe too I suppose, but I never felt that was necessary. The rubber toe cap pretty much lasts forever on its own to begin with.
What I think is kinda weird is that not all pairs of normal chucks have the felt on the outsole. Most do, but lately I've been finding pairs here or there without any. It all depends on where you look I guess.

Early Hokus Pokus

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2015, 05:23:54 PM »
Thanks everyone. I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy the regular ones seeing as the "skate" high tops are 70 bucks everywhere, and lately I haven't been skating as constantly and hard as I used to.

ferraveemo

• Rep: 23
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2015, 03:24:00 AM »
Thanks everyone. I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy the regular ones seeing as the "skate" high tops are 70 bucks everywhere, and lately I haven't been skating as constantly and hard as I used to.

Get the leather/synthetic leather ones! they last longer! no need to shoe goo till there's a hole. If you can find a lunarlon insole, It's going to make it even better.

yatallfreak

• Rep: 11
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2015, 05:31:08 AM »
If you get canvas just use superglue instead of shoe goo. It works so much better and looks better