Author Topic: Which Bushings R U Running?  (Read 48616 times)

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 934
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
Re: Which Bushings R U Running?
« Reply #720 on: January 01, 2024, 12:33:08 AM »
Found some not fully worked ace hards, back on royals…until I break and snag some 6.1s…

Meathook

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 62
« Reply #721 on: January 04, 2024, 10:47:49 AM »
Anyone try those pig bushings?  Particularly in aces?  Was thinking of picking up the 91a as a middle ground between the stock and hard ace bushings.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 585
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #722 on: January 04, 2024, 12:36:30 PM »
Anyone try those pig bushings?  Particularly in aces?  Was thinking of picking up the 91a as a middle ground between the stock and hard ace bushings.

I was also looking at these Pig bushings. Most importantly, are these weather resistant?
IG: @flowterspace

Musicaldeath107

• Rep: 112
« Reply #723 on: January 04, 2024, 01:23:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I was also looking at these Pig bushings. Most importantly, are these weather resistant?

Haven't tried em in Aces but did in Royals so I believe that is the same bushing sizes.  Great bushings and they are freeze resistant as well.

JimmyFive

• Rep: 34
« Reply #724 on: January 04, 2024, 01:25:00 PM »
I use Riptide KranK formula in 90A in Indy Stage 4 - Brad made some exact size cones and barrels to fit which I tested along with Stage 4 WFB pivots. Hope they release them on the site. Also using 90A bottom, 93A top in Ace. Flat washers all round.
Gotta be careful to keep truck geometry. Sometimes extra washers can work.

Meathook

« Reply #725 on: January 04, 2024, 04:34:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Haven't tried em in Aces but did in Royals so I believe that is the same bushing sizes.  Great bushings and they are freeze resistant as well.

Good to know, thank you.

Meathook

« Reply #726 on: January 04, 2024, 05:09:57 PM »

Nevermind, I’m done with Aces apparently.  I just ripped a brand new ace pivot cup in the first 20 minutes.  Ace sent me these to replace the original pivot cup I noticed tore after 2 sessions.  Both on the front truck.   

I guess fitting that I’m in here, the bushing thread, bitching about the ace pivot bushings.  I know it was a known issue with the AF1 initially but I thought had been sorted. 

It’s a shame because they’re really good trucks otherwise.  How this pivot cup issue wasn’t uncovered/fixed during R&D by pro skaters, while I’m shredding them from flat ground almost immediately, is beyond me though.

runespliffberg

• Rep: 10
« Reply #727 on: January 26, 2024, 10:37:25 PM »
I’ve been skating the blue Indy 92a cylinders lately on 144’s, and even with the kingpin nut almost falling off, they’re a little too stiff for me. I feel like they lost that “carvey” Indy turn. I weigh 150 lbs by the way. I really like the white Krux bushings in Indy’s though. They turn so good yet are more stable on center. My OCD wants the kingpin nut flush, and there’s still barely any nylock holding the bolt on with the Krux bushings the way I like them. I just ordered some Pig 91a’s and will report back when they come in. I hate my truck madness. This is all because I hate the color orange in the stock bushings even though they turn just fine.

rikki

• Rep: 230
« Reply #728 on: January 27, 2024, 01:05:38 AM »
I’ve been skating the blue Indy 92a cylinders lately on 144’s, and even with the kingpin nut almost falling off, they’re a little too stiff for me. I feel like they lost that “carvey” Indy turn. I weigh 150 lbs by the way. I really like the white Krux bushings in Indy’s though. They turn so good yet are more stable on center. My OCD wants the kingpin nut flush, and there’s still barely any nylock holding the bolt on with the Krux bushings the way I like them. I just ordered some Pig 91a’s and will report back when they come in. I hate my truck madness. This is all because I hate the color orange in the stock bushings even though they turn just fine.

Dude you're doing yourself a disservice with your madness. The stock oranges are the next best thing to the blue 92s. I'm 150 lbs btw, and skating the blue cylinders and loving them. I do like my trucks pretty tight.

ggrimmedd

• Rep: 28
« Reply #729 on: February 02, 2024, 06:36:11 AM »
Anyone already used any krux bushings? Bought myself the 96a pink ones and they dont fell 96a at all, seems actually softer than my old indys 94s. First 20 minutes they felt rock hard and then suddenly loose enought to fuck with my carving. Maybe they'll stiffen up after some time? Idk
:p

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
« Reply #730 on: February 02, 2024, 08:06:12 AM »
Anyone tried Independent bushings in ACEs? Just got the Blue barrel 92 duro's on some ACE 44 AF1 and they work great.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

wax poetic

• Rep: 40
  • fuck it, I'll stir the pot
« Reply #731 on: February 02, 2024, 08:07:10 AM »
bones med white/yellow

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 585
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #732 on: February 02, 2024, 03:32:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I got a set of those white 91 duro Pig bushings. They seem to have the same size as Thunders, although the bottom bushing is a barrel and not a cylinder. I will try them in my Thunder 148s soon. But good to know that they are freeze resistant. Thanks man.
IG: @flowterspace

Obijuan91

• Rep: 12
« Reply #733 on: March 11, 2024, 05:12:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Did the pig bushings click on your royals? And do they ever stop clicking if they do

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 959
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #734 on: March 12, 2024, 03:42:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Did the pig bushings click on your royals? And do they ever stop clicking if they do

Clicking when trucks move side to side is not the bushings, but the washers, usually the top washer against the kingpin nut, so I guess depending on how much difference the hole in the washer compared to the kingpin, as well as how much the kingpin nut is binding on the washer, you would have more or have less or no clicking at all.

People have tried all sorts of things from putting tape round the kingpin (doesn't really work) to putting something else between the kingpin nut and the washer, or between the bottom washer and the baseplate, which usually works a lot better.

Up to you what you put between them - something sticky, something slippery, whatever it is, that is more often than not going to fix that clicking.

* Also to note, the clicking is often going to happen a bit more if there is more pressure, so if the bushings are tightened down more so than being very loose, but it is still down to the metal on metal every time.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2024, 04:12:54 PM by Mbrimson88 »
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

LeDave

• Rep: -26
    • Dave Le Photography avatar image
« Reply #735 on: March 12, 2024, 03:50:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Dude you're doing yourself a disservice with your madness. The stock oranges are the next best thing to the blue 92s. I'm 150 lbs btw, and skating the blue cylinders and loving them. I do like my trucks pretty tight.

I’m 5’8 and 190 lbs. I’m running Indy blues as well. No returning back.

Barack Hussein

• Rep: 1
« Reply #736 on: March 12, 2024, 07:14:57 PM »
I got stoned and couldn't put my swapped indy bushings back in their container for what may have been 20+ minute. It is a peculiar puzzle that turns out to require distinct and careful movements.

But having recently moved I have descovered like 6 perfect ride on curbs within a half mile radius.
https://youtu.be/Jzd7b88RYt0?si=mtAwEnLmtCJELpQz

Ant

• Rep: 30
« Reply #737 on: March 13, 2024, 04:45:24 AM »
Anyone tried Independent bushings in ACEs? Just got the Blue barrel 92 duro's on some ACE 44 AF1 and they work great.

This is interesting to me. I use the blue conicals in Indys, might give it a shot on the ACE. I've not found anything I like in them yet.