Author Topic: Girl Deck Shapes  (Read 82913 times)

Coffee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 32
Re: Girl Deck Shapes
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2018, 06:15:17 PM »
Expand Quote
The top stamp is sick....let us know how they are skating....
[close]

before this one i had a choco with the older wood and this is a huge improvement.
new wood feels stiff and snappy, held up well during a weekend of non-stop skating..
old wood was chipped in a matter of mins from bailed flip tricks and had more pressure cracks than a wal-mart board.

I'm happy enough with it, maybe it will restore some faith in the crail boys

That is good to hear. I personally prefer girl/chocolate shapes but the old wood sucked so I haven’t bought one in about 3 years. Might pick one up if the local shop gets some with the stamp on top.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 389
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2018, 04:56:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The top stamp is sick....let us know how they are skating....
[close]

before this one i had a choco with the older wood and this is a huge improvement.
new wood feels stiff and snappy, held up well during a weekend of non-stop skating..
old wood was chipped in a matter of mins from bailed flip tricks and had more pressure cracks than a wal-mart board.

I'm happy enough with it, maybe it will restore some faith in the crail boys
[close]

That is good to hear. I personally prefer girl/chocolate shapes but the old wood sucked so I haven’t bought one in about 3 years. Might pick one up if the local shop gets some with the stamp on top.

the one i have is the nickname series, G027. loved that shape but hated the quality of the decks. once a year ill buy a craildeck because i get sucked in with a killer series and remember why i don't buy them.
that said if they keep this quality i'll run with them for a bit.

last deck i had that the wood felt this solid was a northern co... I'm sure they are totally different but that nice sturdy feeling was there

micky682

« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2018, 06:29:18 AM »
Why couldn't they have just gone to Bareback/Generator?

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1562
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2018, 07:56:56 AM »
Money I guess.....

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2018, 08:37:45 AM »
Wanted to bump this to get more feedback on the new Crail boards? The last two Chocolate series have been great and I'm actually digging the Girl x Sub Pop collab.

Lance or 144p?

Anyone skating a new Crail board? Esmith5488 are you still skating yours?

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2018, 01:27:21 PM »
I'm keeping an eye on this and the response has been so-so....someone had mentioned in another thread the board sogginng out and being dead quickly.....Still looks like an improvement but maybe not good enough yet.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2018, 03:39:53 AM »
Wanted to bump this to get more feedback on the new Crail boards? The last two Chocolate series have been great and I'm actually digging the Girl x Sub Pop collab.

Lance or 144p?

Anyone skating a new Crail board? Esmith5488 are you still skating yours?

Yep still skating mine, had kinda planned on grabbing a new one on this skate trip I took last week but really didn’t need one. The nickname series deck I have still feels great and hasn’t fallen victim to the normal crailtap chipping and cracking and it still feels snappy (well as snappy as a two month old deck can feel )

I would say if your shop has one with the stamp on top and it’s a shape you like give it a shot, I know the subpop series should all be the better wood.. at least from the ones I saw at spot

I went back to back with old wood and new wood and it’s a difference you can tell right away

nosneb

• Rep: 78
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2018, 06:00:42 AM »
Seems like Maxallure skateboards are using old Crail wood? The shapes and concave looks like em.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2018, 09:11:46 PM »
Anyone try the power slide shape? 9.25x32 13.875wb.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2018, 09:15:01 PM »
Why couldn't they have just gone to Bareback/Generator?

Money I guess.....

cloudy

« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2018, 07:58:19 PM »
anyone interested in checking out the new crail boards - check out the deal they currently got going on. buy one get one free. you're limited to the ricks but c'mon who wouldn't want to back these ogs.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BklxdWNHkp9/?hl=en&taken-by=girlskateboards

heritage

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2018, 09:04:49 PM »
I bought the new Rudy Johnson Futbol reissue from '98. The laser etching on top looks like the woodshop in China that Habitat used for the Stripes series last year. I had the Dela from that series and really liked it.

B. Hopper

• Rep: 3
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2018, 10:33:03 PM »
44 years young. Skatin' since '80. Take yours slams, get up smiling, say #thankyouskateboarding, and get back up and do it again. Because FUN.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2018, 10:40:22 PM »
I bought the new Rudy Johnson Futbol reissue from '98. The laser etching on top looks like the woodshop in China that Habitat used for the Stripes series last year. I had the Dela from that series and really liked it.

Do we have any details on the concave numbers?  I almost rang through a couple decks but got cold feet abou the boards being super flat.....getting stuck with two would bum me out...

chris.

• Rep: 184
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2018, 04:33:46 AM »
For anyone thinking about ordering one of those BOGO Rick boards the Illuminated, Sketchy OG, and Sub Pop are the newer runs with the laser etchings on top. I need a new board and love a good deal so I couldn't resist, hopefully I don't get burned.

heritage

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2018, 05:48:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Do we have any details on the concave numbers?  I almost rang through a couple decks but got cold feet abou the boards being super flat.....getting stuck with two would bum me out...

When I finish work later today I'll take a pic of the new G027 next to an older G027. The concave is similar, and the new stuff is mellow but it's not as flat overall.

Beeker

• Rep: 41
« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2018, 11:12:43 AM »
Is the North American Maple thing special? Or is that the 'new wood'?

They don't show it on the pics of the top of that Rudy Johnson board (on crailtap), and I feel like I saw an instagram post about a special run of NAM. I was assuming my 'Sanctuary' deck I just got done skating was the new wood because it felt different, but maybe I'm wrong (no etching).

doublesteveburger

« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2018, 12:14:22 AM »
Currently skating a Chocolate skiduls shape. No complaints, mellow concave, real snappy. Digging it.

chris.

• Rep: 184
« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2018, 03:52:07 PM »
Man the G033 is perfect.

HaveFunSkateboarding

• Rep: 20
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2018, 08:06:19 PM »
I was curious about these new "etched" crailtap decks as well. I love how the new Chocolate chunk decks look, but bummed they don't have my go to 8.375" in that series.

BMCsteve

• Rep: 53
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2018, 06:05:44 AM »
Man the G033 is perfect.

I've been skating a G033 as well.  I wanted to mix it up and bought a Real Full shape and preferred the G033.  I then bought a Santa Cruz Wide Tip, absolutely hated it and then went back to the G033.  I finally came to my senses and bought another (chocolate) G033 for when this one was done.

The new wood is great and the shape is basically a slightly more full B16 without being a "full" shape

switchbs180

« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2018, 02:36:55 PM »
I'm currently skating a GO26 skiduls chocolate board. it has those laser etching on top. my last two generator boards broke after 5 weeks so I'm curious to see how this crail board will be in like 4 weeks. so far it feels stiff and strong, I like it.

Lorn Au Arcos

• Rep: -4
« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2018, 03:43:40 PM »
I'm currently skating a GO26 skiduls chocolate board. it has those laser etching on top. my last two generator boards broke after 5 weeks so I'm curious to see how this crail board will be in like 4 weeks. so far it feels stiff and strong, I like it.

Riding a G026 Kenny as well. That shape is great and the wood feels really good.

Not Local

« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2018, 10:17:44 AM »
CK1 Phawt shape...

How much does it taper? Wondering if 149s/ 44s are a good fit for this board?

Currently got 44s on a Chico 9" Big Boy and it works pretty good. Want to try CK's shape next....

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2018, 01:18:05 PM »
Expand Quote
CK1 Phawt shape...

How much does it taper? Wondering if 149s/ 44s are a good fit for this board?

Currently got 44s on a Chico 9" Big Boy and it works pretty good. Want to try CK's shape next....
[close]

Got one last week.  Put indy 169's on it and it's perfect.  159's were too narrow.  Doesn't taper as much as I thought which is great.  But god damn is it long.  Really needs to be 1/2" shorter.

Way too long.. exactly what stopped me from grabbing one at vu a few months ago. Went in fully ready to cop

corto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -115
  • Chewy, Worrest, Trahan, Tuna, Hjalte, TJ
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2018, 04:52:55 PM »
Would be cool if they posted a list of their deck shape codes and the corresponding measurements (including the wheelbases and nose/tail lengths) on their website.

nosneb

• Rep: 78
« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2018, 03:53:20 PM »

For anyone still wondering if your crail wood is the new woodshop or not. I recently bought a till 93 series and didn’t have that fancy new etched details on the top ply so I got worried I might have bought an older woodshop model. I emailed crail and they responded:

"We have recently switched up our woodshop and even more recently started using the laser engraving on the boards we produce. Unfortunately, not all of the graphics we offer are able to have the laser treatment. On the 93 Til Infinity board you purchased the top graphic of the OG Logo runs the entire length of the board, over the area the laser would be. If we are running the laser over that section it makes the logo flake off, and isn’t the best look. We will use the full top screen from time to time, so it will leave some of our decks left with out the laser detail. Your board was made at the new woodshop.”

« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 05:41:03 PM by nosneb »

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2018, 05:21:37 PM »
Sick...let us know how they perform....

Not Local

« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2018, 07:03:19 PM »
Not sure who the new Woodshop is but its good. I haven't ridden a Chocolate deck since a 96 or 97, Paulo board but I recently pulled the trigger on a Chico BigBoy and love it so far. I've been injured so I can't attest to its durability yet but concave, shape and flex are perfect. Almost learned fakie tres on it and I never had those even back in my hey day.... So into it I just got a CK 9.125 to skate next. Both have the laser etchings...

MalHuis

• Rep: 4
« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2018, 02:24:05 AM »
Yo. Anyone of you ever skate the G050 shape with the 14.41 wheelbase?

I got one for cheap and hope the wheelbase is not to much? Otherwise another wallboard i guess.

Peace an love