Author Topic: Girl Deck Shapes  (Read 8251 times)

Coffee

• Rep: 0
Re: Girl Deck Shapes
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2018, 06:15:17 PM »
The top stamp is sick....let us know how they are skating....

before this one i had a choco with the older wood and this is a huge improvement.
new wood feels stiff and snappy, held up well during a weekend of non-stop skating..
old wood was chipped in a matter of mins from bailed flip tricks and had more pressure cracks than a wal-mart board.

I'm happy enough with it, maybe it will restore some faith in the crail boys

That is good to hear. I personally prefer girl/chocolate shapes but the old wood sucked so I havenít bought one in about 3 years. Might pick one up if the local shop gets some with the stamp on top.

Esmith5488

• Rep: -1
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2018, 04:56:34 AM »
The top stamp is sick....let us know how they are skating....

before this one i had a choco with the older wood and this is a huge improvement.
new wood feels stiff and snappy, held up well during a weekend of non-stop skating..
old wood was chipped in a matter of mins from bailed flip tricks and had more pressure cracks than a wal-mart board.

I'm happy enough with it, maybe it will restore some faith in the crail boys

That is good to hear. I personally prefer girl/chocolate shapes but the old wood sucked so I havenít bought one in about 3 years. Might pick one up if the local shop gets some with the stamp on top.

the one i have is the nickname series, G027. loved that shape but hated the quality of the decks. once a year ill buy a craildeck because i get sucked in with a killer series and remember why i don't buy them.
that said if they keep this quality i'll run with them for a bit.

last deck i had that the wood felt this solid was a northern co... I'm sure they are totally different but that nice sturdy feeling was there

micky682

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -29
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2018, 06:29:18 AM »
Why couldn't they have just gone to Bareback/Generator?
Keenan had that special ability to make his switch tricks better than his regular tricks but still let you know they were switch.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 666
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2018, 07:56:56 AM »
Money I guess.....

heritage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 62
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2018, 08:37:45 AM »
Wanted to bump this to get more feedback on the new Crail boards? The last two Chocolate series have been great and I'm actually digging the Girl x Sub Pop collab.

Lance or 144p?

Anyone skating a new Crail board? Esmith5488 are you still skating yours?

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2018, 01:27:21 PM »
I'm keeping an eye on this and the response has been so-so....someone had mentioned in another thread the board sogginng out and being dead quickly.....Still looks like an improvement but maybe not good enough yet.

Esmith5488

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2018, 03:39:53 AM »
Wanted to bump this to get more feedback on the new Crail boards? The last two Chocolate series have been great and I'm actually digging the Girl x Sub Pop collab.

Lance or 144p?

Anyone skating a new Crail board? Esmith5488 are you still skating yours?

Yep still skating mine, had kinda planned on grabbing a new one on this skate trip I took last week but really didnít need one. The nickname series deck I have still feels great and hasnít fallen victim to the normal crailtap chipping and cracking and it still feels snappy (well as snappy as a two month old deck can feel )

I would say if your shop has one with the stamp on top and itís a shape you like give it a shot, I know the subpop series should all be the better wood.. at least from the ones I saw at spot

I went back to back with old wood and new wood and itís a difference you can tell right away

nosneb

• Rep: 5
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2018, 06:00:42 AM »
Seems like Maxallure skateboards are using old Crail wood? The shapes and concave looks like em.

nopes

• Rep: 21
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2018, 09:11:46 PM »
Anyone try the power slide shape? 9.25x32 13.875wb.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2018, 09:15:01 PM »
Why couldn't they have just gone to Bareback/Generator?

Money I guess.....

cloudy

• Rep: 40
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2018, 07:58:19 PM »
anyone interested in checking out the new crail boards - check out the deal they currently got going on. buy one get one free. you're limited to the ricks but c'mon who wouldn't want to back these ogs.

heritage

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2018, 09:04:49 PM »
I bought the new Rudy Johnson Futbol reissue from '98. The laser etching on top looks like the woodshop in China that Habitat used for the Stripes series last year. I had the Dela from that series and really liked it.

B. Hopper

« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2018, 10:33:03 PM »
LOVE this G042. 8.5" w, 14" WB, 31.625 L

42 years young. Skatin' since '80. Take yours slams, get up smiling, say #thankyouskateboarding, and get back up and do it again. Because FUN.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2018, 10:40:22 PM »
I bought the new Rudy Johnson Futbol reissue from '98. The laser etching on top looks like the woodshop in China that Habitat used for the Stripes series last year. I had the Dela from that series and really liked it.

Do we have any details on the concave numbers?  I almost rang through a couple decks but got cold feet abou the boards being super flat.....getting stuck with two would bum me out...

chris.

« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2018, 04:33:46 AM »
For anyone thinking about ordering one of those BOGO Rick boards the Illuminated, Sketchy OG, and Sub Pop are the newer runs with the laser etchings on top. I need a new board and love a good deal so I couldn't resist, hopefully I don't get burned.

heritage

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2018, 05:48:17 AM »

Do we have any details on the concave numbers?  I almost rang through a couple decks but got cold feet abou the boards being super flat.....getting stuck with two would bum me out...

When I finish work later today I'll take a pic of the new G027 next to an older G027. The concave is similar, and the new stuff is mellow but it's not as flat overall.

Beeker

• Rep: 1
« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2018, 11:12:43 AM »
Is the North American Maple thing special? Or is that the 'new wood'?

They don't show it on the pics of the top of that Rudy Johnson board (on crailtap), and I feel like I saw an instagram post about a special run of NAM. I was assuming my 'Sanctuary' deck I just got done skating was the new wood because it felt different, but maybe I'm wrong (no etching).

doublesteveburger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 509
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2018, 12:14:22 AM »
Currently skating a Chocolate skiduls shape. No complaints, mellow concave, real snappy. Digging it.

chris.

« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2018, 03:52:07 PM »
Man the G033 is perfect.

HaveFunSkateboarding

• Rep: 4
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2018, 08:06:19 PM »
I was curious about these new "etched" crailtap decks as well. I love how the new Chocolate chunk decks look, but bummed they don't have my go to 8.375" in that series.

BMCsteve

• Rep: 6
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2018, 06:05:44 AM »
Man the G033 is perfect.

I've been skating a G033 as well.  I wanted to mix it up and bought a Real Full shape and preferred the G033.  I then bought a Santa Cruz Wide Tip, absolutely hated it and then went back to the G033.  I finally came to my senses and bought another (chocolate) G033 for when this one was done.

The new wood is great and the shape is basically a slightly more full B16 without being a "full" shape

switchbs180

• Rep: -2
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2018, 02:36:55 PM »
I'm currently skating a GO26 skiduls chocolate board. it has those laser etching on top. my last two generator boards broke after 5 weeks so I'm curious to see how this crail board will be in like 4 weeks. so far it feels stiff and strong, I like it.

Lorn Au Arcos

« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2018, 03:43:40 PM »
I'm currently skating a GO26 skiduls chocolate board. it has those laser etching on top. my last two generator boards broke after 5 weeks so I'm curious to see how this crail board will be in like 4 weeks. so far it feels stiff and strong, I like it.

Riding a G026 Kenny as well. That shape is great and the wood feels really good.