Author Topic: Vans Rowley SOLO  (Read 5796 times)

Aint

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -4
Vans Rowley SOLO
« on: April 01, 2015, 05:37:16 PM »
Anyone know what happened to the PDF with these in em? There seems to be no info about them and only a few pictures online. When are they being released?

MatrickSwayze

• Rep: 1
Re: Vans Rowley SOLO
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 04:36:46 AM »
I heard June 13, 2015 from a Vans rep but didn't see any literature or anything. They look good.

Aint

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2015, 02:37:22 AM »
Anyone planning on getting a pair of these tomorrow? I'm super excited for them, but curious as to why some models are half canvas while others are entirely suede...

HHH

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2015, 06:39:22 AM »
They are shoes dude

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 183
  • sweet, man.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2015, 10:08:43 AM »
if the black colorway was entirely composed of suede i would try a pair for sure.

fixedgearbike

• Rep: -16
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2015, 11:45:13 AM »
if the black colorway was entirely composed of suede i would try a pair for sure.
Got them yesterday. They're so sick. Recommend

Aint

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2015, 03:54:09 AM »
They are shoes dude
And this is the Shoes/Gear forum.

I got a pair of the black ones today, managed to get a session in after work and they seem like a really solid shoe so far. The only major gripe I have with them is that they rub pretty harshly against my pinky toes. I think this has to do with the toe cap because I have the same problem with Old Skools. Overall it's a great shoe so far, I've barely roughed up the canvas after a pretty extensive session.

skate

• Rep: -16
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2015, 08:36:03 PM »
If it's the same canvas they use on the skate chucks... They're still gonna rip quick ://

sorry

• Rep: -14
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2015, 05:48:06 AM »
If it's the same canvas they use on the skate chucks... They're still gonna rip quick ://
buy the all-suede ones

Berky

• Rep: -19
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2015, 06:38:49 PM »
the navy ones are all suede and the best looking color way imo. I just picked up a pair and they look sick

TehPwnzorer

• Rep: -17
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2015, 04:08:00 PM »
Why do I get the feeling that these shoes should be called "Dollin new Skool" rather than Rowley Solos? They resemble Dustin's no Skool model more than anything else. It's like a modern take on it. A visual of how No Skool would look like if they were made 2015. Nothing against Rowley, but these don't resemble anything 66/99, while screaming Dollin's remake of the Old Skools all over it.

Aint

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2015, 01:59:48 AM »
Quote from: TehPwnzorer  link=topic=84971.msg2343727#msg2343727 date=1434582480
Why do I get the feeling that these shoes should be called "Dollin new Skool" rather than Rowley Solos? They resemble Dustin's no Skool model more than anything else. It's like a modern take on it. A visual of how No Skool would look like if they were made 2015. Nothing against Rowley, but these don't resemble anything 66/99, while screaming Dollin's remake of the Old Skools all over it.

Aside from the toecap, I see no similarities between the two. The Rowley shoe is basically a hodge podge of an Era, old skool, Av classic (with the duracap stitched into the ollie spot) and it has the heelcup of the Rowley SPVs. It really just looks any vans shoe to me.

Speedway

• Rep: 110
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2015, 02:10:57 AM »
Anyone planning on getting a pair of these tomorrow? I'm super excited for them, but curious as to why some models are half canvas while others are entirely suede...

Suede/Canvas ones are cheaper. All suede is £55 over here which is pretty standard price for a skate shoe and the part canvas ones are a few quid cheaper. They skate really good, it feels like a slimmed down Era Pro which was the intention. The canvas doesn't really make a difference as its duracap backed anyway.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2015, 05:20:55 AM »
I like canvas shoes because of the breathability so I usually just shoe goo the area thats prone to rip.. If you can't be fucked to go get shoegoo, put superglue on it. It kinda sinks into it and takes surprisingly long to rip through..

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2015, 06:16:53 AM »
My local shop has three different colors in them. I will say they are rather nice, but for some reason, I cannot get past the idea that they are a canvas upper, at least on the pair I would skate, the BLK/WHT ones. However, for 59.00, I bet you'll get your moneys worth, and they are quite stylish.
Vans did a grand job on this one. I just need them to make more leather shoes, as that's the only shot of me skating their stuff.

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2015, 05:29:08 PM »
they're just am era pro with slightly different styling.  the shape is the same. 

a nice shoe, but enough with the fucking canvas

Aint

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2015, 03:41:42 AM »
I've been skating em quite a bit the last week and blew through the canvas about 3 sessions in. 3 more sessions later and the duracap is holding up. The duracap seems different than the one used for the chimas and the crocketts that I've skated. A little bit thicker. Enjoying em a lot so far but they rub pretty badly on my pinky toe where the suede toecap starts. Also, I can't say that I enjoy the downgrade in footbeds as the old pro ones (with the blue gel on the heel) were just strictly better.