Author Topic: Best place to order semi bulk blank decks  (Read 3823 times)

Fast_Freddie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 58
    • SOMD Skateboard Association avatar image
Re: Best place to order semi bulk blank decks
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2023, 09:54:24 AM »
Here are the shapes/sizes for all the BBS/Generator blanks from https://skatesamples.com/

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2023, 11:19:33 AM »
Here are the shapes/sizes for all the BBS/Generator blanks from https://skatesamples.com/

Why thank you sir! Gnarred!
ONTARIO CANADA

Tom Pearl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2023, 11:29:55 AM »
shipping is ridiculous, its not even worth it

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2023, 11:31:24 AM »

i think its still worth it. I checked shipping to Canada and its $187 for 10 boards in 3-5 days. i imagine it would be a lot cheaper in the US.

$500 canadian for 10 decks is still $50 each. it is over $100 in the store now for any BBS board.
ONTARIO CANADA

Fast_Freddie

• Rep: 58
    • SOMD Skateboard Association avatar image
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2023, 12:32:45 PM »

Have to buy in bulk for it to be worthwhile... hence you are buying legit wholesale :)

malevy

• Rep: 2
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2024, 08:10:56 PM »
Anyone have a reup on the dims?

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 934
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2024, 09:17:23 PM »
We're exploring doing collabs/drops with a [/ the right] partner (stay tuned), but prior, we looked into doing them ourselves; here is what they sent me (as of this month).

malevy

• Rep: 2
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2024, 03:18:53 AM »
Thank you!

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2024, 07:11:10 AM »
if I ever have to go with stock BBS shapes i am gonna have to go down a size... 8.38 x 14.38 i feel like i would  hate it. 8.25 x 14.25" i could live with.
ONTARIO CANADA

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 934
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2024, 12:02:41 PM »
if I ever have to go with stock BBS shapes i am gonna have to go down a size... 8.38 x 14.38 i feel like i would  hate it. 8.25 x 14.25" i could live with.

8.3x & 14.3x WB is usually my got to - however, I don't like the generic BBS version (April used/uses it - assuming scifi fantasy does too), something about the shape puts me off (just picked up an 8.375x14.38 wb PS board and it's a great shape).

Hard to go wrong with an 8.25x14.25 that's as run-o-the-mill/industry standard as you can get.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 959
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2024, 02:22:20 AM »
We're exploring doing collabs/drops with a [/ the right] partner (stay tuned), but prior, we looked into doing them ourselves; here is what they sent me (as of this month).

Not sure if the other previous pics of the dimensions were taken down, but I copied your post to the Woodshop thread just now as well so that pic can be seen there too.

I saved the first one as soon as I saw it, thinking someone sooner or later might ask for it to be removed, but who knows, given all the other info is pretty well known.

Thanks for posting those dimensions again here anyway.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Thebird

• Rep: 149
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2024, 04:51:07 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

8.3x & 14.3x WB is usually my got to - however, I don't like the generic BBS version (April used/uses it - assuming scifi fantasy does too), something about the shape puts me off (just picked up an 8.375x14.38 wb PS board and it's a great shape).

Hard to go wrong with an 8.25x14.25 that's as run-o-the-mill/industry standard as you can get.

Yeah - something about the PS 14.38 wb is magic.  Such a great shape.

devils acrobat

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2024, 12:27:57 AM »

That G825S looks perfect. If any Europals are interested we could consider to link up and see if it makes sense financially.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2024, 03:53:50 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That G825S looks perfect. If any Europals are interested we could consider to link up and see if it makes sense financially.

I had to do a double take on that chart, then recheck the first / old shape chart and I had not realised that there are the two new ones in there, the 8.25 and 8.5 shorter wheelbase boards - that is same nose and tails, just shorter length and wheelbase.

Now saved that new chart as well, with everything else still being the same as the old one.

Wondering how many people might not realise there are two options now for the 8.25 and 8.5 sized boards, but it makes sense, with so many more people going with shorter boards / shorter wheelbases.

devils acrobat

« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2024, 09:57:42 PM »
I was also confused as they dont show up on the webpage. Messaged them and they replied that more shapes will be available online in the upcoming weeks. I would love to get my hands on the 8.12 x 31.3 x 14 shape  as well but the 8.25 x 31.7 x 14 will do just fine.

devils acrobat

« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2024, 06:43:19 AM »

Anyone test this yet and wants to report back?

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2024, 07:49:17 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Are you asking if anyone has bought boards directly from there?

Quite a few people have, all USA based I think.

When I did the calculations, the shipping for anywhere else in the world was just too much to make it worthwhile, so although the board prices are really good, shipping tends to be more than the boards cost, so even ten boards, it was still barely better than other sale BBS boards here in AU.

The other blanks thread, along with the Setup thread have quite a few of them, maybe even the 9"+ big boards thread too.

devils acrobat

« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2024, 08:18:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

When I did the calculations, the shipping for anywhere else in the world was just too much to make it worthwhile, so although the board prices are really good, shipping tends to be more than the boards cost, so even ten boards, it was still barely better than other sale BBS boards here in AU.

The other blanks thread, along with the Setup thread have quite a few of them, maybe even the 9"+ big boards thread too.

Ah, I hadnt seen that, thank you for taking the time to clarify! Looked too good of a deal.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2024, 10:04:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Ah, I hadnt seen that, thank you for taking the time to clarify! Looked too good of a deal.

You are definitely not the first person to ask if it was legit, or a scam or something either.

Sad to say that people have had too many "unwanted surprises" in recent years, but BBS wood through Generator and their "samples" site is all above board, but more than anything, I am surprised there are not more of the in between distributors selling these and other blanks, so maybe they try to keep it a bit more low key / in house compared to some that really try to sell the most they can to anyone they can, however or where ever they can...

At least from a shop perspective, it is not hard to get your own shop boards in whatever shapes, sizes, quantities you want, given everyone seems to be lowering minimums and taking on new accounts.  That unfortunately also goes for every other person wanting to do their own brands - no issue there, if you actually know what you are doing - but there have been a few more new brands popping up that seem like they have no clue as to how skateboarding, shops or the industry in general work, so usually end up fizzing and clearing stock and moving on to something else, but in the mean time, causing a bit of a stir in a local scene for a minute anyway.