Author Topic: Everything B L A N K s thread  (Read 27714 times)

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Everything B L A N K s thread
« Reply #240 on: February 26, 2024, 02:52:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Anyone know where I can get some blanks that have the big shovel nose like FA?
[close]

Not as exaggerated as an FA board, not the Clutch “O” shape is what you’re looking for.
[close]
Anyone know where I can get these?

Not really sure who or anyone that regularly does business with Clutch, but Ryan Gallant brings in and has a lot of blanks from Clutch, so maybe check with him.

https://www.instagram.com/blankchecksupply/

https://blankchecksupply.com/

I think someone said SoCal shop also has Clutch blanks, among others, but nothing really stood out there either.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #241 on: February 26, 2024, 02:54:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
These Tactics decks are basically blanks:

https://www.tactics.com/tactics/oval-logo-skateboard-deck/teal

Thinking about grabbing a few. Idk, just getting a little tired of graphics.
[close]

I would almost say that seems like the point of those boards.

Nice stains, minimal logo graphic you can easily razor blade off if you just want a blank, but still the shop board at a good price and on BBS wood / Generator shapes, and almost all sizes, up to 8.75 at least.

You even get to choose your colour bottom stain, rather than just having a random stain sent out to you as per any other board, or from skatesamples.com site.

The shapes are good and dimensions really nice, at least from what I see on the info as well as the boards I have and skate.

* That seems easier than doing what I have been doing with other normal graphic boards, as per the one at the top of this page, taking off a whole board graphic can be good, but it is a bit of a painful process.
[close]

Does nail polish remover not work anymore? Seems like it would be a much less laborious process..

Never tried nail polish remover, but I have a lot of razor blades, so a fresh blade and use it like a scratchie and away I go.

Most of the time I can take off the graphic on the board fairly easily while still leaving the clear coat under it intact, especially for some of those half graphic type things, just scratch off the bit you don't want and the board still feels like normal everywhere else.

smg1138

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #242 on: April 04, 2024, 11:59:54 AM »
I recently got a Thank You Daewon 8.25 and noticed it's a Clutch K7 shape which I'm really liking a lot. Is it possible to get this deck as a blank? I noticed Braille has a Clutch 8.25 but they don't specify which shape.

https://www.brailleskateboarding.com/collections/all-products/products/natural-blank-skateboard-decks?variant=43402857971874

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #243 on: April 04, 2024, 03:23:51 PM »
I recently got a Thank You Daewon 8.25 and noticed it's a Clutch K7 shape which I'm really liking a lot. Is it possible to get this deck as a blank? I noticed Braille has a Clutch 8.25 but they don't specify which shape.

https://www.brailleskateboarding.com/collections/all-products/products/natural-blank-skateboard-decks?variant=43402857971874

Blank check supply, mentioned above, do Clutch blanks so most likely would have that as it is the standard shape.

https://blankchecksupply.com/products/copy-of-blank-skateboard-deck-8-25

Dimensions:

W: 8.25"      L: 31 7/8"       WB: 14 3/8"     

N: 7 1/4"      T: 6 3/4"

Does that sound about right for dimensions?

* Clutch site with shapes here too:

https://rayzlv.wixsite.com/clutchdistribution/copy-of-shapes-1

smg1138

• Rep: 34
« Reply #244 on: April 05, 2024, 10:37:31 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Blank check supply, mentioned above, do Clutch blanks so most likely would have that as it is the standard shape.

Dimensions:

No that's not it but thanks for the info. The K7 shape I got has a 6 5/8" tail and about a 7" nose. If it's not available as a blank it's all good.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #245 on: April 05, 2024, 04:02:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Dimensions:

[close]

No that's not it but thanks for the info. The K7 shape I got has a 6 5/8" tail and about a 7" nose. If it's not available as a blank it's all good.

I guess you could message him (Ryan Gallant runs Blank Check) and ask what the board shape is, or what shapes he has got in stock.

A while back I got my hands on a blank, all natural 8.5 with the K9 stamp on it and it measures up to the 8.5 board he has there, but dimensions can be wrong when measured or listed too, so who knows what shape he has, eg from the Clutch shape guide, the K shape is round on both ends with a standard wheelbase.

Those boards he has up could be B, K, S or something else entirely.

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
« Reply #246 on: April 06, 2024, 01:20:57 AM »
I low keyed dissed clutch in the TT thread,  always the hypocrite I ordered one today that I found
That looks interesting.   90's shape 8.25 at the widest 31.75 x 14wb
I'll post a pic of the concave etc when it turns up

@Mbrimson88 I purchased from 335 if your curious who would sell clutch blanks here

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #247 on: April 06, 2024, 04:09:34 AM »
I low keyed dissed clutch in the TT thread,  always the hypocrite I ordered one today that I found
That looks interesting.   90's shape 8.25 at the widest 31.75 x 14wb
I'll post a pic of the concave etc when it turns up

@Mbrimson88 I purchased from 335 if your curious who would sell clutch blanks here

Thanks.

There are, or were a while back, a couple of distributors who had Clutch blanks here in AU, but bringing in any quantities of anything seem somewhat of a problem for most, maybe because there is not enough supply or just the cost or who knows what.

I haven't talked to many people in the industry here since covid times, but I am guessing shops can still order boards from those distributors if they desire them. 

Even blanks in general don't seem to be around a whole lot now, but that might change a bit if the prices keep going up and up for pro boards again.  Maybe more so, the shops will get boards in with shop graphics, but I know some still like to keep blanks around as well.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1063
« Reply #248 on: April 17, 2024, 09:45:44 AM »
anyone know where I can buy blanks and chose color? Looking for some pink 8.25s. I'm not the biggest fan of the blank check dimensions

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #249 on: April 17, 2024, 09:51:00 AM »
anyone know where I can buy blanks and chose color? Looking for some pink 8.25s. I'm not the biggest fan of the blank check dimensions
blank check will let you pick the color if you let them know before check out.

Ourladyoftheflowers

• Rep: 95
« Reply #250 on: April 17, 2024, 10:01:54 AM »
Saying a prayer that skatesamples restocks the 8.5 s shape. I slept on it when they first came out and am now regretting it

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 270
  • Just deck / woodshop info
« Reply #251 on: April 17, 2024, 05:45:49 PM »

I just noticed that the skatesamples.com site now has the full board dimensions list pic as part of each board listing, which is good, as they didn't have that up before.

Not going to just post the pic here, but going to any of their deck listings, you can easily see, copy or save the image.

https://skatesamples.com/products/blank-deck-premium-2-dye

* Unfortunately they don't let you choose your colours on there, but I am wondering if you did contact Generator for boards for your brand, they might be more willing to pull out certain colours, pink or whatever for you.

From what others have said, as well as boards I have from shops, the colours of top and bottom ply stains are totally random, so some might be pink bottom (or top) but the other colour could be anything, on top or bottom.

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1230
« Reply #252 on: April 18, 2024, 09:43:46 AM »
Saying a prayer that skatesamples restocks the 8.5 s shape. I slept on it when they first came out and am now regretting it

i just shot them a message about a restock date, pop back in here when they respond

been very satisfied with my standard 8.5s from them

*edit- they responded "still a couple weeks out"

CarcassToss

• Rep: 15
« Reply #253 on: April 19, 2024, 07:23:42 AM »
How is the variance on the decks? Like if you order 5 are they wildly different concave and steepness? Mt shop used these shapes for their decks and I got super sick of how different they'd feel. I'd literally pull 2 from the stack and it wasn't slight differences. One would feel like it had the concave of a vert ramp, felt like the kicks turned up between the bolts almost, and then the other I pulled would feel super flat. Even if they're cheap I don't want to end up with 2/5 decks I have no interest in skating.

I prefer flatter setups as I skate in the pockets a lot

Ourladyoftheflowers

• Rep: 95
« Reply #254 on: April 19, 2024, 11:01:58 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i just shot them a message about a restock date, pop back in here when they respond

been very satisfied with my standard 8.5s from them

*edit- they responded "still a couple weeks out"

You’re an angel thanks so much

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 270
  • Just deck / woodshop info
« Reply #255 on: April 19, 2024, 06:27:49 PM »
How is the variance on the decks? Like if you order 5 are they wildly different concave and steepness? Mt shop used these shapes for their decks and I got super sick of how different they'd feel. I'd literally pull 2 from the stack and it wasn't slight differences. One would feel like it had the concave of a vert ramp, felt like the kicks turned up between the bolts almost, and then the other I pulled would feel super flat. Even if they're cheap I don't want to end up with 2/5 decks I have no interest in skating.

I prefer flatter setups as I skate in the pockets a lot

Only going from what I have seen of other shop boards on offer, but yes things can be significantly different between even a few of the same boards I have ordered from various shops / places in the past, all with Generator stickers on the top, some being more mellow and others being too steep for my liking.

That said, I have not seen any of the newer Generator boards, so I think others will have to provide a little more info, or hit up others who have posted in the setups thread with all those blanks lately.

I am curious to know too, when it comes to it.