Author Topic: DLX Shapes  (Read 37658 times)

Pigeon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 328
Re: DLX Shapes
« Reply #331 on: October 20, 2017, 05:05:54 AM »

DaSk8D00D

• Rep: -193
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #332 on: November 13, 2017, 09:44:23 AM »
Whatís the word on the Full SE shapes? Looks like the dimensions are a hair smaller but is the concave a little more mellow too? I love the normal 8.38 fulls & not sure if I wanna try the SE out or stick to my tried & true. Iíd probably prefer the normal fulls if the concave is more mellow on the SE

LennyDLXSF

• Rep: 72
  • Deluxe Customer Service
« Reply #333 on: November 13, 2017, 11:20:29 AM »
Whatís the word on the Full SE shapes? Looks like the dimensions are a hair smaller but is the concave a little more mellow too? I love the normal 8.38 fulls & not sure if I wanna try the SE out or stick to my tried & true. Iíd probably prefer the normal fulls if the concave is more mellow on the SE

Concave should be about the same.... SE boards are just a bit shorter.

DaSk8D00D

• Rep: -193
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #334 on: November 13, 2017, 11:27:18 AM »

Concave should be about the same.... SE boards are just a bit shorter.

Cool I think might try one out then, thanks Lenny!

Chippedwood

• Rep: -71
« Reply #335 on: November 16, 2017, 01:46:50 PM »
i really liked an 8.6" Anti hero i had, rode that to the ground, just got better with age. Also loved my 9" krooked team board.
I stepped up to 169s  because only dudes with daddy issues ride under 9". I'd like to see like a 9.25" popsicle.
9.5" popsicle. but keep the body of the board similar to the 8.6, mellow flat, the future of skating is NO grinds, No flips.

Pigeon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
« Reply #336 on: November 16, 2017, 10:48:47 PM »
i really liked an 8.6" Anti hero i had, rode that to the ground, just got better with age. Also loved my 9" krooked team board.
I stepped up to 169s  because only dudes with daddy issues ride under 9". I'd like to see like a 9.25" popsicle.
9.5" popsicle. but keep the body of the board similar to the 8.6, mellow flat, the future of skating is NO grinds, No flips.
Pushing and Ollieing are for cucks.

micky682

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -33
« Reply #337 on: November 17, 2017, 06:13:24 AM »
Lenny, tell DLX to keep making the slicks. They are amazing!
Keenan had that special ability to make his switch tricks better than his regular tricks but still let you know they were switch.

LennyDLXSF

« Reply #338 on: November 17, 2017, 07:39:07 AM »
Lenny, tell DLX to keep making the slicks. They are amazing!

okay!

Nate.Dog

• Rep: 0
« Reply #339 on: November 17, 2017, 11:12:00 AM »
Is the full SE on any crooked boards? I love my 8.25 full, but I wish the wheelbase was just a little shorter

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
    • Fairways & Flips
« Reply #340 on: November 17, 2017, 12:17:20 PM »
@Lenny

So dlx boards are stamped on top at the front truck with roman numerals about where in the stack the board was pressed?

I have 2 krooked boards, same model, a I and a IV. They are identical in concave and tail steepness. The only difference I can see and feel is the I has a steeper nose. Is I the top of the stack? Or the bottom? I feel like it's from the top of the stack.

LennyDLXSF

« Reply #341 on: November 20, 2017, 08:05:34 AM »
Correct, the I is from the top.

The difference is not huge, but there definitely is something there for the super-shape-nerds to take into consideration ;)

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
    • Fairways & Flips
« Reply #342 on: November 20, 2017, 09:08:09 AM »

The difference is not huge, but there definitely is something there for the super-shape-nerds to take into consideration ;)

Thanks! I just checked them closer.

The I has steeper nose, slightly steeper tail, slightly deeper concave. I think it's pretty cool to have this info on where in the press it came from!

rob

• Rep: -87
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #343 on: November 21, 2017, 10:55:49 PM »

Woah...! Thatís such an awesome way to get more insight on the shape!!!

I saw the same on my krooked and was wondering what that II was and now I know what to look for cause Iím loving this cromer krooked 8.06!!!
yes

SKATELYNJENNER

• Rep: 8
« Reply #344 on: November 25, 2017, 12:40:33 PM »
I really love my krooked 8.75" full shape and the 9" ah eagle deck, is there any chance you guys will make a 9" full shape?

Jud Nestorkins

• Rep: -39
« Reply #345 on: November 26, 2017, 09:24:14 PM »
No idea if this has a shape name but I just got an 8.5 AH with a 14.38 wheel base and I fucking love it.

Nice, short, wheelbase and it's pretty rounded with medium concave. It just feels like a deck should in my opinion.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #346 on: November 27, 2017, 07:48:05 PM »
No idea if this has a shape name but I just got an 8.5 AH with a 14.38 wheel base and I fucking love it.

Nice, short, wheelbase and it's pretty rounded with medium concave. It just feels like a deck should in my opinion.

Which one?

Jud Nestorkins

• Rep: -39
« Reply #347 on: November 27, 2017, 10:08:03 PM »

Which one?

The BA.

micky682

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -33
« Reply #348 on: November 28, 2017, 07:21:40 AM »

I think Anti Hero boards in general just feel like how all decks should.
Keenan had that special ability to make his switch tricks better than his regular tricks but still let you know they were switch.

art hellman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #349 on: November 28, 2017, 07:23:04 AM »
the AH 8.5 navy eagle is a perfect board as well... prob the same
hardly art, hardly starving

shit_for_brains

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 758
« Reply #350 on: November 28, 2017, 07:27:32 AM »
Lenny is there any official statement on if that GT board from the last page will cut your dick off?

Andrew Allen is a living legend and must be protected.

LennyDLXSF

« Reply #351 on: November 28, 2017, 08:05:53 AM »
Lenny is there any official statement on if that GT board from the last page will cut your dick off?

Nope, your dicks are safe.

We use a special bevel that is specifically designed to NOT cut off dicks.

Cheers!

shit_for_brains

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 758
« Reply #352 on: November 28, 2017, 08:06:35 AM »
What can't you guys do

Andrew Allen is a living legend and must be protected.

spanyard

• Rep: -1
« Reply #353 on: January 13, 2018, 09:53:14 AM »
Hey DLXSF-

Any chance on making a shorter (<32") slick with a super short wheelbase e.g. 14-14.1?  I'm loving my past 3 Reals -  2 Ishod high performance 8.1 and a Walker 8.1 - and would love to ride slicks in this realm...

Sedition

• Rep: 18
  • Fuck the revoltion. Bring on the apocalypse.
    • Concrete Existence
« Reply #354 on: January 18, 2018, 12:21:03 AM »
@Lenny

So dlx boards are stamped on top at the front truck with roman numerals about where in the stack the board was pressed?

I have 2 krooked boards, same model, a I and a IV. They are identical in concave and tail steepness. The only difference I can see and feel is the I has a steeper nose. Is I the top of the stack? Or the bottom? I feel like it's from the top of the stack.

IMHO, I is the steepest tail/nose/deepest concave, and IV is the flattest, with II and III being in their respective places.
"Everything has been figured out, except how to live." -Sartre

Thrash-trash

• Rep: 2
« Reply #355 on: January 18, 2018, 12:27:04 PM »
Curious to know how well the Anti Hero T Mo and Raney square shovel nose decks did. The T Mo 8.4" deck was awesome, and Im always looking for that shape. The 8.5 + sizes that Raney has, are a bit too wide and I'll need to up the size of my trucks for that shape, but I just love that squarish nose.

Smartass

« Reply #356 on: January 18, 2018, 03:18:40 PM »
This thread now has me checking the roman numeral every time I look at DLX decks. Friend picked up a Real the other day and checked and it was a IV. Still has such a nice concave. Wish I had checked what mine was, but I didn't know this stuff when I picked it up. 

Sedition

• Rep: 18
  • Fuck the revoltion. Bring on the apocalypse.
    • Concrete Existence
« Reply #357 on: January 18, 2018, 03:24:18 PM »
This thread now has me checking the roman numeral every time I look at DLX decks. Friend picked up a Real the other day and checked and it was a IV. Still has such a nice concave. Wish I had checked what mine was, but I didn't know this stuff when I picked it up.

Friend owns a shop. For the last year or so, any time a DLX shipment came in, we checked the roman numerals and compared them to each others impression of their concave and nose/tail steepness. They was especially interesting when he got multiple of the same decks, but they had different numerals on them. We both determined that (I) was the steepest/deepest, and (IV) was the flattest. Personally, I like (II) and (III) the best. (I) is too steep, and (IV) is too flat...but I still ride them if there is no other option.     
"Everything has been figured out, except how to live." -Sartre

Gay Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -396
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #358 on: January 18, 2018, 04:51:07 PM »
Curious to know how well the Anti Hero T Mo and Raney square shovel nose decks did. The T Mo 8.4" deck was awesome, and Im always looking for that shape. The 8.5 + sizes that Raney has, are a bit too wide and I'll need to up the size of my trucks for that shape, but I just love that squarish nose.
doom sayers shovel nose board?
#GMOsbeforeHoes #-65gforRyfe #teamdogdrugs

#lobsterlivesmatter #thenumbers1and8offendme #yearoftheeagle #tatergate2018

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #359 on: January 18, 2018, 05:46:26 PM »

Which one?

I rode that deck for all of one day, hate the pointyround nose and tail as I prefer the full shapes....wish they would make fulls that aren't crazy long....not sure why something full/wide needs to be longer than regular boards.