Author Topic: DLX Shapes  (Read 225706 times)

Julz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
Re: DLX Shapes
« Reply #120 on: July 14, 2016, 06:17:27 PM »
Hey Dudes, thanks for all the feedback so far! -Really appreciated!

We have something pretty cool in the works for this thread that I'll post soon enough...

First off we have a couple of specific questions for you that will help us get ready for that next step:

1.     Please give only one answer: What is the main factor for you in deciding on a shape? Length, width, or wheelbase? wb

2.     Would it help to have more specific and measurements visible on the packaging of each board? (e.g. Nose/Tail width) yes

3.     How would you feel about our boards having a more simplified shape guide, where each shape has a specific name or more basic shape         code? I would love that

4.     What length of wheelbase do you prefer? 14.5

5.     What is your end-all-be-all dream shape? 8.25 x 32 (14.5wb)

Thanks guys!

micky682

« Reply #121 on: July 14, 2016, 06:24:26 PM »
A mellow 8.25 x 32 with 14" WB would be killer.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #122 on: July 26, 2016, 09:34:48 AM »
How about an Ishod Twin Tail LowPro II, Full, slick?  :-*

BMCsteve

« Reply #123 on: July 26, 2016, 12:10:48 PM »
How about an Ishod Twin Tail LowPro II, Full, slick?  :-*

joking or not, that sounds amazing  ;D

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #124 on: July 26, 2016, 12:20:09 PM »
Expand Quote
How about an Ishod Twin Tail LowPro II, Full, slick?  :-*
[close]

joking or not, that sounds amazing  ;D

I wasn't joking! After seeing the 8.25" Full LowProII Brock (whichI kinda want) it got me thinking.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #125 on: August 03, 2016, 08:35:32 AM »
8.5 full shape!
good come sausage

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #126 on: August 03, 2016, 10:10:31 AM »

We have something pretty cool in the works for this thread that I'll post soon enough...

First off we have a couple of specific questions for you that will help us get ready for that next step:

1.     Please give only one answer: What is the main factor for you in deciding on a shape? Length, width, or wheelbase?
Width

2.     Would it help to have more specific and measurements visible on the packaging of each board? (e.g. Nose/Tail width)
adding wheelbase would be cool

3.     How would you feel about our boards having a more simplified shape guide, where each shape has a specific name or more basic shape         code? wouldn't mind either way

4.     What length of wheelbase do you prefer?

5.     What is your end-all-be-all dream shape?
hard to say, I def like between 8.25-8.5 with a squarish tail 14.25wb maybe a slightly stubby nose medium concave

I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #127 on: August 03, 2016, 02:38:06 PM »

1.     Please give only one answer: What is the main factor for you in deciding on a shape? Length, width, or wheelbase?
Width

2.     Would it help to have more specific and measurements visible on the packaging of each board? (e.g. Nose/Tail width)

3.     How would you feel about our boards having a more simplified shape guide, where each shape has a specific name or more basic shape         code? wouldn't mind either way

hard to say, I def like between 8.25-8.5 with a squarish tail 14.25wb maybe a slightly stubby nose medium concave

Finding stubby noses is difficult, check out Lifebloods, noses are still big but the noses don't feel like giant spoons (which I loathe); for PSTIX their boards are MUCH heavier, could be the plys they choose, those guys are all terrain killers.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #128 on: August 04, 2016, 07:05:12 AM »
Expand Quote

Width

[close]

Finding stubby noses is difficult, check out Lifebloods, noses are still big but the noses don't feel like giant spoons (which I loathe); for PSTIX their boards are MUCH heavier, could be the plys they choose, those guys are all terrain killers.
Thanks for the tip.

Expand Quote
Hey Dudes, thanks for all the feedback so far! -Really appreciated!

The Raney Beres boards are the only exception. Skating the dingbat board now. Length is great, but its kinda narrow.

Thanks a lot for doing this Lenny and anyone at deluxe, pretty cool of you guys![/b]
[close]

Can you post a pic of the topside if the dingbat?
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

coneklr

« Reply #129 on: August 04, 2016, 08:48:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
How about an Ishod Twin Tail LowPro II, Full, slick?  :-*
[close]

joking or not, that sounds amazing  ;D
[close]

I wasn't joking! After seeing the 8.25" Full LowProII Brock (whichI kinda want) it got me thinking.

This in an 8 I'd give a go

obZen

• Rep: 7
« Reply #130 on: August 07, 2016, 02:38:52 AM »
Getting to thinking some shorter boards would be great for us relatively short and/Or weak legged people across all widths. 

Something like 8.5” x 31.8 with a 14.25” wb would be cool.

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #131 on: October 19, 2016, 05:04:56 PM »
Saw that there's an Anti Hero 'Bino board coming out with 8.43 x 33 15'wb on Instagram...As far as I'm concerned these are the PERFECT DIMENSIONS!!! Please don't let this be some kind of one-off deal.  I'll be buying as many as I can get my hands on. 

wheee!

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #132 on: October 20, 2016, 12:33:34 AM »
This thread is an amazing example of why dlx is cool. Anyways...I've been blubbering about trying to find a short, fat shape. There was the legendary drehobol shape, I didn't ever have it, but I thought it was prized for being shorter. Dlx doesn't have many short boards, I have short, legs, and have been trying to find some shorter stuff. So currently length is the most interesting measurement, for me. I appreciate width, length, and wheelbase measurements on boards. A shape naming system is also cool, but I see how that could be problematic for dlx and for shops.

If the two truck companies that dlx owns, extend the wheelbase, why are more the offerings longer, and with longer wheelbases? The 'full' shapes in an 8", look to be perfect for me (a little long) if I was using Indys. I've been riding thunders and ventures more often lately, and they do 'great' for me, on the shorter wheelbases of ps stix and such. Lots of blatherings.

Felt like dlx boards where the best in the industry for quite awhile, and I never hesitate to grab one, I personally have ps stix boards lasting longer lately. Did dlx change its wood/glue? Razors a touch faster, not quite as hard/stiff/ poppy as I think it was.

Continue to do what's working, I'll continue to support as things are

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #133 on: October 20, 2016, 12:44:23 PM »
Was just looking at the Real Fall drop 2 catalog. HUF has a reissue board in the catalog. It says that it has Huf's own mellow concave as its shape. Does anyone know if this is different the the normal DLX mellow concave? The caption would imply it is. Any details?

flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #134 on: October 20, 2016, 01:44:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Length

3.     How would you feel about our boards having a more simplified shape guide, where each shape has a specific name or more basic shape         code? Shape guide, and then code would be cool.

14.12-14.25, flexible tho, embrace the options

Less than 32", 14.25 ish wheelbase, width doesn't matter much to me. Baker b-16 is great. As others have mentioned: shorter noses! If the length subtracted from the nose was added to the wheelbase, just a theory, results would be favorable. Basing this off of growing up skating whale tailed boards that were short, but super stable do to longer wheelbases. For whatever it's worth, a nollie is maybe my favorite trick, just doesn't require a 7"+ nose for me

[close]
[close]

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
  • sweet, man.
« Reply #135 on: October 20, 2016, 11:22:25 PM »
i noticed that the newest dlx boards come with roman numerals stamped in the top sheet. i'm guessing that has something to do with the concave? i usually go for the 8.25/B325 shape, but i wasn't aware that it may come in different concaves. i just picked up the HUF NY re-issue, i'm on the daan first board right now, i hope they're pretty similar.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #136 on: October 20, 2016, 11:48:42 PM »
Real is really getting better. These are fucking rad!

I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Jake From State Farm

« Reply #137 on: October 21, 2016, 10:16:58 AM »
Was just looking at the Real Fall drop 2 catalog. HUF has a reissue board in the catalog. It says that it has Huf's own mellow concave as its shape. Does anyone know if this is different the the normal DLX mellow concave? The caption would imply it is. Any details?

going to need a couple of these asap

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #138 on: October 23, 2016, 01:40:06 PM »
ok so, how long has anti hero had a 8.85 x 33 shape, and why the fuck haven't i heard about this earlier?
http://socalskateshop.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=72638

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #139 on: October 23, 2016, 02:26:37 PM »
I'm super stoked Real is using the 8.4x32 shape on a couple of boards this release.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #140 on: October 23, 2016, 03:22:09 PM »
I have a friend who works for DLX who posts a lot of real interesting shapes on his IG a lot that I've only seen a few of available so far. They're all real DLX brand boards with graphics and everything, not prototypes, so it looks like there are going to be a lot more options coming up.

I've been skating with this dude who has this ~9.5" Powell Peralta Ripper set up and that shit is so much fun. I gotta get a big fast board like that.

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
  • sweet, man.
« Reply #141 on: October 23, 2016, 04:46:32 PM »
what're the specs for the ba boards going to be?

looks like he's got four different boards, hopefully one will be an 8.25!

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #142 on: October 23, 2016, 06:42:44 PM »
ok so, how long has anti hero had a 8.85 x 33 shape, and why the fuck haven't i heard about this earlier?
http://socalskateshop.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=72638

Damn i hadn't seen that either..  I've noticed a bunch of different shapes popping up from dlx.  They're making longer 8.5's with a longer wheelbase.

I'm drooling over that B.A. board, hope it fits my criteria.  Looks like the raney board but a little bigger?? I would buy 5 of them

Brad Breath

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #143 on: October 25, 2016, 04:38:25 PM »
I'm on the 8.5" Full shape now and LOVE IT! 

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #144 on: October 25, 2016, 04:59:29 PM »
I dunno if anyone else does this but when im bored flipping through instagram i came across this dudes account who must do product testing for DLX https://www.instagram.com/pat.polidor/ its good for a geek out if you're into that sort of thing

micky682

« Reply #145 on: October 25, 2016, 05:50:14 PM »
I dunno if anyone else does this but when im bored flipping through instagram i came across this dudes account who must do product testing for DLX https://www.instagram.com/pat.polidor/ its good for a geek out if you're into that sort of thing
I'm into it. Talking about skating equipment/obsessing about skating equipment are some of my favorite things to do.

N.L.

« Reply #146 on: November 09, 2016, 09:12:07 AM »
Anyone know the wheelbase on the 8.75" deck? Thinking I need to show my support for Resident Trump.

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #147 on: November 09, 2016, 03:00:55 PM »
8.75 x 32.86 14.75 wb

Doughboy

• Rep: 21
  • Coffee and Advil
« Reply #148 on: November 10, 2016, 04:37:37 PM »
The standard 8.25x32 has always been good to me. I've skated more of those than any other shape in the past 4 or so years... I just picked up an 8.25 full size to set up this weekend, really excited about trying the different shape. I've been watching "Sick Boys" alot lately too, so seeing all the old Jimmy, Tommy, and Mick-E footage has got me extra hyped on Deluxe. Can't stress how hyped I am for the Huf re-issue mellow also. I always wanted "A Real Huf board" for Christmas.
" a real huf board "

Edit: I may even set one of the trucks up backwards :)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 04:40:29 PM by Doughboy »

N.L.

« Reply #149 on: November 10, 2016, 04:49:16 PM »